+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think parents are over protecting of their children?

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Do you think parents are over protecting of their children?

I think that some parents seem a little more lax nowadays. Or maybe its just me. My dad is very overprotective of me to the point where I think he's paranoid. (He won't let me ride with other people, makes me save my money, etc.) That may seem controlling but he does give me good reasons and tells me of his experiences when he was growing so I better understand the logic behind the crazyness. In a way I am fine with what he's saying and it is actually molding me into a better person and it is shaping my understanding of the real world.

I think parents should at least give reason behind their rules or else the kids are going to run rampant and get themselves into bigger trouble. The problem is that most parents think being a friend is the best solution or controlling them.

But saying that your parents are "over-protective" is a little extreme. I don't think most kids understand why there are curfews and rules that are put in place and that's something I have come to understand in the past few years. My parents love me dearly and I'm all they have as far as next of kin(unless you count our dog). They want to make sure that I have the best of life and that I have enough love to share it with my kids. And that I will be able to succeed in the future.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, my cousin way too overprotective...or more like a power control. He never lets me do anything, stay at home by myself, or lets me go outside by myself and I'm 16 for crying out loud! It's rediculouse! And as for blackmail, that deffinatly a power thing I think, not overprotective...

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Newbie Draconos167 is off to a good start Draconos167's Avatar
    At The Wall Of the First Gate, Between Life and Death....
    Thanks

My mom got overprotective to the point where I finally rebelled so much she had to send me to live w/ my aunt here in loisiana
    This is my first post in a long time b/c i was always grounded at home...

Newbie Anime Finatic 95 is off to a good start Anime Finatic 95's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn straight i live in a tiny hamlet and i'm not alowd to walk outside by miself damn it sucks

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Im sorry but once you move out, you dont move back in. Let them live their own life, if they moved out its b/c they are responsible enough to be on there own but if they arent resp. well...stay with your parents until your like 25 lol (kidding)
    Yeah, Bye.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

[BWith all sex perverts out there why not
    Parents have a right to protect thier kids there is a lot wierdos out therel.[/B]

Newbie Hazardous is off to a good start Hazardous's Avatar
    Thanks

I know how she feels, I was in the similiar situation last year. No money for rents, bills and food. My parent kinda offer same term, but with much harsh conditions. I just tell them no, and I rather live on the street then going back home. It has been tough, but I make it through okay.

What can I say... that is low blow from her parent.
    Just like other says, this is blackmail instead being over protecting.

She should not fold in to her parent's demand. She need to stay strong, and shows that she doesn't need her parent. She needs to look at her expenses, and decide her budget. If need, get a third job. Anything, but go back home.

As for the dress, she can rents it or borrows it. Is not necessary to buy a dress just one day wedding.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazardous For This Useful Post:

ice viper (Jan 27, 2008)

Otaku ice viper is off to a good start ice viper's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm.....OK I understand where you are coming from hazardous. My friend needs to make sure that she doesn't fall into her parents demands and make her own decisions. As for deciding on her budget she as already did that to make sure that she can get by on her own. Plus my friend has come up with an idea to make a little extra cash for her self and ran the idea with her parents. I can tell you that her parents where very surprise to know that she a good idea to make extra cash flow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast