View Poll Results: Are doctor's violating their oath?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 83.33%
  • No

1 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Doctor's morality

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Doctor's morality

When doctor's do oath that they won't tell anything about their patient to anyone
    else than to the patient they have also given a moral question.
    "If I notise that patient is risk in traffic should I report to police so they can take
    away his/her driving lisence"

In Finland few years back this was great issue and there was kinda big fight going
    on for long time. Result is that now doctors has to report if patient is a risk.

So I'm asking is doing so against the oath they did when they graduated?

I personaly think that they violate their oath and this ain't reason to breack the oath.
    In some cases like AIDS patient is spreading out the disease is telling that to
    police or etc. is considered as rightneous as far as I care.

Please share with your point of view in this matter.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Doctor's morality

yeah... for me they are violating their oath.... Im never going to trust a doctor anymore >_> jk..... but I mean if u know that someone can put someone elses life in danger u have to do something, like what u said that the person that cant drive... if u dont say anything... probably as the guy that couldnt drive was just leaving the hospital seeing U his doctor, and he gets in an accident..... u could have prevented that guy of being in an accident.... so I guess if a person can put in danger another persons life... its ok to say something to prevent this.....
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

I have like 4 doctors in my near relatives so according what they have spoke
    they don't like that law either, but nevertheless doctors keep their oath
    in any other kinda illnesses.

My grandfather lost his driving license cos' for stroke but he regained it after
    few months and after taking driving test again. So in this kinda situations I actually
    can understand why they made that law.

Otaku cerebrum has disabled reputation cerebrum's Avatar
    Thanks

ah well... if there is a law in progress and patience are completely informed of it, then I guess I wouldn't have a problem with it. It sucks but wat ya gonna do.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=30454&dateline=115992  8199
Your Current Signature Picture
    Sig courtesy goes to : Sazuka. [Sig team]

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

i can see that they place this law to help protect the patients, and isn't it a doctors duity so save patients lives. i mean if they can't safely drive they are placing themselve and others at risk of serious injuries or worst. and if the doctor knows this and does nothing, then is he helping that person to the fullest of his abilities? so isn't that a conflict between 2 oaths, and which one is more important?

anyway i don't really see this as a bad thing, but i can understand y ppl don't like this law, it takes aways or sense of trust that we have from our doctors, and ppl might not be so willing to talk about their medical condition if they think they might get their liences taken off them.

so i guess it isn't such a bad law, and but there is some definate issues with it though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dude101
    i can see that they place this law to help protect the patients, and isn't it a doctors duity so save patients lives. i mean if they can't safely drive they are placing themselve and others at risk of serious injuries or worst. and if the doctor knows this and does nothing, then is he helping that person to the fullest of his abilities? so isn't that a conflict between 2 oaths, and which one is more important?
    Yup doctors do oath to save patient but also that they don't tell patient records
    to anyone, so it's kinda moral question which is more important.
    I personaly would like that doctor would first tell me that she/he is gonna tell my
    weakened driving ability to police, but still I think that it's wrong.

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

In our country, the doctor checks a person prior to the driving tests, so he has the power to not let him drive. But it doesn't work if the disease appears later, of course.
    The question in the poll is invalid. Their "oath" is moralless itself, so it's no use if they violate it or not. But it has recently (history-wise) gotten better. At least such points as healing their teachers' children for free and keeping the potion ingredients secret have been removed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zdenek
    In our country, the doctor checks a person prior to the driving tests, so he has the power to not let him drive. But it doesn't work if the disease appears later, of course.
    Ofcourse you have to take medical check-up before driving test, but also there
    are few test later in Finland, like when ya 60.
    yes oath, is moraless but when when adding something that affects feelings and etc
    it moralises the whole deal. Cos' they made oath that they must obey, is it moraly right
    to breack that oath to save human lifes(which is included in the same oath)
    So it puts doctor between two options.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast