View Poll Results: Are doctor's violating their oath?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 83.33%
  • No

1 16.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Doctor's morality

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Doctor's morality

Quote Originally Posted by dude101
    i can see that they place this law to help protect the patients, and isn't it a doctors duity so save patients lives. i mean if they can't safely drive they are placing themselve and others at risk of serious injuries or worst. and if the doctor knows this and does nothing, then is he helping that person to the fullest of his abilities? so isn't that a conflict between 2 oaths, and which one is more important?

anyway i don't really see this as a bad thing, but i can understand y ppl don't like this law, it takes aways or sense of trust that we have from our doctors, and ppl might not be so willing to talk about their medical condition if they think they might get their liences taken off them.

so i guess it isn't such a bad law, and but there is some definate issues with it though.
    I totally agree with Dude101 here. He said what I wanted to say, but nonetheless I don't really see this as a bad thing.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Doctors cannot discuss with anybody patients records nor with patient treatment at least in the US without a court order unless the patient allows the doctor for it to be released or there is an immenient danger is presented. However, this area is very gray, really gray, because though doctors have this clause, the government doesn't.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Bike Stunts Champion Shonen may be famous one day Shonen may be famous one day Shonen's Avatar
    Thanks

First of all, never trust a doctor. They're all nothing but leeches anyway. Secondly, I DO think they are violating their oaths, BUT, as we finns have witnessed so many times, no one really cares.

[Sig-Team Member] [My Profile] [My Gallery]
    *Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of Law*

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shonen
    First of all, never trust a doctor. They're all nothing but leeches anyway. Secondly, I DO think they are violating their oaths, BUT, as we finns have witnessed so many times, no one really cares.

Everything said in this post, I personaly got nothing to add.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2