+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Evil Truly Exist?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Does Evil Truly Exist?

We hear about "evil" all the time. But it's very difficult to pinpoint just what is "evil" and what is merely misunderstood.

Our respective religions, governments, families and belief-systems tell us that certain behaviors, people, religions, etc are "evil"... but other groups of people may not agree.

Is the word "evil" just something people use to turn us against one another?
    Or does true evil really exist? If so, what is it?

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does Evil Truly Exist?

its all on really how we looked at evil. do we mean, devils, demons and anything associated with satin or do we mean all the war in the modern time, fighting, death of other people and murder is evil. i say evil does exist, just need to find a form of evil that all, or evil come in human form like hitler or somthing

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Evil does exist.
    Sure you might not be able to touch ot, taste it and so on, but evil is an entity which is born from, feeds upon and dwells on negative energy. As long as there is "good", there is evil. One cannot exist without other. And it's a fact that one is the complete opposite of the other ... so if there is no positive energy, then negative energy cannot exist ... I think. ^_^;

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

It takes a special kind of person to orchestrate that.

So, yes, there is evil in this world. While 9/11 is an example, there is evil thats a little more close to home, like serial killers, child molesters, hate groups (eg. White Supremacists), and regardless of what the circumstances that brought those people to do those things, it still doesn't change the fact that what they did/are doing is evil.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

(think about it...)

To a certain segment of the world, those towers themselves represented another great evil. I'm not saying that the act is any less deplorable for that: only that a great deal of ideological manipulation (in which the West was represented as "evil" FIRST) went into creating the events that transpired that day.

And what about the last major "attack on America" (Pearl Harbor) and the witch hunt of "evil" that brought about? The white supremacists think that non-whites are evil and are out to supresss THEM... George Bush has pointed out the "Axis of Evil"... but do those countries really deserve such a harsh label? During the Cold War, we demonized the USSR and communism in general, but to a great deal of the communist world we represented (and still represent) a greedy, "evil" ideology. To many in the developing world: we are an "evil" imperialist force. To fanatical muslims, Christianity is an evil cult of idolatry. In the Judeo-Christian bible it can be interpreted that everything from Harry Potter to the Easter Bunny may indeed be evil.

The point is that while it's incredibly easy to look inside ONESELF and define what is "evil": it's a great deal more difficult to look at the world OBJECTIVELY and find a situation in which one side is clearly, irrefutably acting with nothing but "evil" in mind.

Are there really people out there who believe that they THEMSELVES are evil? And if so, what is the difference between being evil and being "sick"?

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Evil is a strong word and many people over use it. many countries have done monstrous acts, take Zimbabwe for example. not many ppl know that the country is in total ruin and the fact that the country itself is hiding this and not acting upon the ppl needs is a act of monstrosity. does this make these leaders evil? or incompetent? is incompetency evil?

now take terrorist for example, they killed thousand of lives in their attacks but...... are American not so different? how many innocent ppl have we kill in invading iraq (this one for u aceman). now how do u explain ur action for this? is ur reasoning the same as the terrorist. and if so is George Bush just as evil as they are? all thats different is how much power each one has and how they go about killing. ignorance is not an excuse in my books.

however the way i see 'evil' are acts that have the sole purpose of destruction with no cause or sense in its actions. but like all things it never is that simple to classify it.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Evil does exist.
    Sure you might not be able to touch ot, taste it and so on, but evil is an entity which is born from, feeds upon and dwells on negative energy. As long as there is "good", there is evil. One cannot exist without other. And it's a fact that one is the complete opposite of the other ... so if there is no positive energy, then negative energy cannot exist ... I think. ^_^;
    I feel each person has their own perspective of what evil is and although the general aspects r almost identical, the detailed terms of each individual r each different.

Take what Rave_Grip says here, although I generally agree wit what he is sayin', I don' feel that "good" can' exist w/o "evil." I feel that it can, this is 'cause of fundamental differences in the "details" of our beliefs. I believe that the battle between "good" and "evil" is not so simple as "black" or "white", it lies in the grayer-shaded areas between. That is why it's so hard ta tell the differences between the two. So if this is true, then how does one tell the difference? For me, it is this... I feel that the forces of "light" and "darkness" r separate from the forces of "good" and "evil" and that these forces (good and evil) r strugglin' over the balance of the other two forces (light and dark). Evil seeks ta disrupt the balance of the two forces; i.e. too much Law=Tyranny, Overpopulation=Famine, too much Chaos=Anarchy, too much Destruction=Extinction, etc. Whereas Good seeks ta preserve the balance between the forces of Light and Dark; Evil seeks ta disrupt the balance ta end all life, not jus' human and horde all ta themselves.

This is why, unlike Rave_Grip, I believe that Good can exist w/o Evil, 'cause I believe that nothin' that exists in a state of "imbalance" can truly survive. This is also why I believe that Evil can never truly win in its war with Good, it might carry the day; but it will never win the war.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

evil exists in any form. it's an act that a person knows that it contradicts to his or her knowledge of what is logically good. and what makes evil really evil, it's because the very person who commits it absolutely knows that's against to everyone else and to that very person as well.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast