+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Thread: Does Evil Truly Exist?

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does Evil Truly Exist?

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Defining good or evil has very little to do with opinions/perceptions, due to the fact that we all have different views. Saying evil exists merely because we identify or perceive something as evil is like letting prejudiced people get away with their way of thinking. Like, "That rock is evil because I say it is," is the same thing as saying, "That man must be in a gange because he's black!" You smell what I'm sizzlin'?

Good and evil exist based on the fact that humans have had a long history with the use of the terms and have been able to point out traits that define the two--not based on opinion, but learning through experience. Most people's 'knowledge' of good and evil are quite similar, and have been for ages now.
    U took the words right out of my mouth atomik, it's more than jus' perception. If it were, then any words could b used ta define anythin', but that's not how it works. These two words, like atomik said, have been used through out history ta define acceptable and unacceptable behavior within given societies. Look at the many stories written by the Sumerians, Egyptians, Greeks, etc., the words "good" and "evil" r used as terms ta define various given behaviors within their societies. If the words "good" and "evil" r jus' points of and individual's perspective, then how come so many societies, throughout history, have used these terms? And that all of the definin' terminology, as to what behavior is what, is so similar? There has ta b a common principle that all of these societies follow, some common origin that these societies base this terminology off of. These words r engrained inta the very fabric of societies in general, even in modern times. These words go far beyond the scope of any individual, they go inta the very heart of society itself.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    U took the words right out of my mouth atomik, it's more than jus' perception. If it were, then any words could b used ta define anythin', but that's not how it works. These two words, like atomik said, have been used through out history ta define acceptable and unacceptable behavior within given societies. Look at the many stories written by the Sumerians, Egyptians, Greeks, etc., the words "good" and "evil" r used as terms ta define various given behaviors within their societies. If the words "good" and "evil" r jus' points of and individual's perspective, then how come so many societies, throughout history, have used these terms? And that all of the definin' terminology, as to what behavior is what, is so similar? There has ta b a common principle that all of these societies follow, some common origin that these societies base this terminology off of. These words r engrained inta the very fabric of societies in general, even in modern times. These words go far beyond the scope of any individual, they go inta the very heart of society itself.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. ^_^ Good and evil are more than just words, they are ways of life. They've been embedded in to our DNA, logged in history books, recorded in all forms of religion and myth and stretch beyond our feeble human minds can fathom.

No one person can say that their opinoion on the existence of evil is correct, because an opinion is nothing more than what YOU think. Opinions change like the wind on a daily basis. For example: You want to buy a CD by Busta Rhymes. Your friend says, "Aw, that n***a's whack! I don't like him!" Well, you buy the disc anyway, because your opinion matters to you. Your friend comes over and you're listenin' to Busta. "This s***'s good!" Your friend says, while you're mad at the wasted $12 you spent because when you got to track seven, you said, "This n***a's whack!" LOL. Y'see what I'm getting at?

You can't base the existence of something soley on opinion, due to the fact that tomorrow, your view may be different.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

Saying that anything is good or evil is really just a conception. In everything, from good food, to even Hitler, there is good. Though not many actually see it, Hitler had created a society that (if he actually conquered the world) would have worked for quite some time. The Nazi's system of government was near perfect. The only reason that anyone saw it as evil was because, Hitler realized that there would be those that rejected the idea and he would have to eliminate them. But, even through all of that, Hitler was trying to unite the world to make it better, as most dictators do. I'm not saying I'm a Nazi, no absolutely not, however, I do see the "good" in Germany at that time.

Saying something is evil really is pure idiocracy. In everything, whether it's admitted or not, is some "good". It's really just the matter of finding it. I believe there is no such thing as evil.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrulz View Post
    Saying that anything is good or evil is really just a conception. In everything, from good food, to even Hitler, there is good. Though not many actually see it, Hitler had created a society that (if he actually conquered the world) would have worked for quite some time. The Nazi's system of government was near perfect. The only reason that anyone saw it as evil was because, Hitler realized that there would be those that rejected the idea and he would have to eliminate them. But, even through all of that, Hitler was trying to unite the world to make it better, as most dictators do. I'm not saying I'm a Nazi, no absolutely not, however, I do see the "good" in Germany at that time.

Saying something is evil really is pure idiocracy. In everything, whether it's admitted or not, is some "good". It's really just the matter of finding it. I believe there is no such thing as evil.
    From food to Hitler, eh? Didn't know food could be considered evil.

Evil is so much more than a concept and you proved my point. Hitler thought he was anything BUT evil. That's the way most bad/evil people are, "I'm not the bad guy, you are!" That's why I said that good and evil are more than just personal opinions. If you traveled the globe and asked everyone the same questions about what is truly good and evil; you'll get the same answer 80% of the time--more than likely.

The reason I say that is because mostly everyone on the planet has the same thoughts about good and evil. You can't truly define the two, nor can you say it's just a matter of opinion, when there are BILLIONS--and there's been TRILLIONS before hand--that share the same stories, thoughts and fears of anything related to evil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10