+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Evil Truly Exist?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does Evil Truly Exist?

There is truly evil in this world. Sometimes, I can smell it. >_< It makes my head hurt.

Defining what is truly evil is what is hard. People can call anything evil, but more often than not, it's just folks being judgemental. But there are evils that exist in the world, regardless of religion or beliefs. Most religions preach the same morals, so most evils that are taught in religion are pretty similar. Some things considered evil are merely just sins. We're all sinners, and we're not all evil, so it's possible that some sins can be considered not-evil.

The real evils out there are things like, rape, crime, certain political figures *cough, cough--Bush/Cheney--cough, cough*, wars... Things along those lines. I dunno, to each thier own I suppose. I believe that if something is truly evil, you'll know when the time is right. The only way an animal can sense evil is by instinct. Dogs and cats know what's up when there's an evil presence. They wig out and go all haywire. People can get the same feeling. It's a matter of choosing to listen to intuition.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Evil does exist in everyone heart .. the difference is the environment which that person lives in ,that pays the role in showing a greater value of bad deeds than an average person (symbolized as "Evil" in the view point of other people who disapprove that deed) but anyway there's always certain things that are marked as evil and it will always be [from killing (big ones) to lying (minor ones)] but it'll always look like that ... and there's the second type of bad=evil which depends on many various reasons (Religion ,Tradition ,community and other endless reasons) so in short yes "Evil" exists everywhere in everyone on this earth.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe it was once said that there is no such thing as right or wrong, good or bad...only a difference of opinion between the sides. People have different beliefs and those differences are what determine to each the "right" or "wrong."

We have the right to believe as we wish; to deem what is fit and what is not and as long as what we believe in is "socially" acceptable within the boundaries of where we live then all is well in our world. Society as a whole shapes the world we live in and society is influenced by everything around us. You can’t change that fact but you can be the bearer of influence which molds what is fit or what is not, to me that is the “evil.”

Why? Because in the end no one cares unless the beliefs of others which differ from your own, influences your ability to believe however you want. Thus why there are wars, killings and the like. It would be nice if people left each to their own but no one seems capable of that and everyone has a opinion they feel strongly about (regardless of how informed and intelligent that opinion maybe).

To me the “evil” is that of our own need to have others believe the same way we do, almost like we can’t justify our existence unless everyone else sees things our way. Not that it is wrong to voice your opinion but in that this “evil” is furthered by the actions of those who drive the influence to make rules, laws or produce situations which hinder freedom to self.

I am not talking about laws which “protect” your life or the lives of others but those which hinder your beliefs or the ability to speak freely about them. It is up to those who hear those beliefs to head or reject them, but give them the option to choose what is “right” for them.

Just my opinion.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I believe it was once said that there is no such thing as right or wrong, good or bad...only a difference of opinion between the sides. People have different beliefs and those differences are what determine to each the "right" or "wrong."

We have the right to believe as we wish; to deem what is fit and what is not and as long as what we believe in is "socially" acceptable within the boundaries of where we live then all is well in our world. Society as a whole shapes the world we live in and society is influenced by everything around us. You can’t change that fact but you can be the bearer of influence which molds what is fit or what is not, to me that is the “evil.”

Why? Because in the end no one cares unless the beliefs of others which differ from your own, influences your ability to believe however you want. Thus why there are wars, killings and the like. It would be nice if people left each to their own but no one seems capable of that and everyone has a opinion they feel strongly about (regardless of how informed and intelligent that opinion maybe).

To me the “evil” is that of our own need to have others believe the same way we do, almost like we can’t justify our existence unless everyone else sees things our way. Not that it is wrong to voice your opinion but in that this “evil” is furthered by the actions of those who drive the influence to make rules, laws or produce situations which hinder freedom to self.

I am not talking about laws which “protect” your life or the lives of others but those which hinder your beliefs or the ability to speak freely about them. It is up to those who hear those beliefs to head or reject them, but give them the option to choose what is “right” for them.

Just my opinion.
    You made a good point, and I can agree with you.
    I think what Hammer's tryin' to say is the need to "conform" or "assimilate" with the "general public" is the true evil. Most people will spend thier entire lives trying to figure out where they "fit in". And half of those people will think they "fit in" with gangs and radical groups (like racial supremacists and such). The more people try to make themselves less unique and more socially "acceptable" the more vulnerable the become to the evils of the world.

That's what I think.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe there is evil. Rape, murder, war, they aren't evil. They are human and animal nature. It's human nature for us to fight, and kill each other. Animals do it, and so do we.

Rape isn't evil either. In most cases, it's when a otherwise logical man or women, gets overcome with sexual desire, and lust. It's a mental problem, not evil.

Murder, same thing. Some people kill to defend themselves. Some people kill to defend others. Some people kill for their country. Some people kill for revenge. Some people kill for personal gain. Are they evil? No.

Really, there's no such thing as evil. It's a human word to describe things that aren't socially accepted. Majority vs Minority.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Of course there is evil. There's always enough evil to go around.
    What changes is our definition of it. Today's evil can be tomorrow's good. But there will always be evil.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a fine line between good and evil. One action, one sentence, or one event can be seen as evil or monstrous to one person but to another it could seem good and heroic. Evil takes on so many forms that sometimes it's hard to tell if whose the good guy and whose the bad guy anymore. I think in the end it is for the person to decide whether something is good or bad. But I do know that evil exists because if it didn't then goodness wouldn't exist.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Evil (from Dictionary.com)
    1. morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.
    2. harmful; injurious: evil laws.
    3. characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous: to be fallen on evil days.
    4. due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character: an evil reputation.
    5. marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.: He is known for his evil disposition.
    –noun 6. that which is evil; evil quality, intention, or conduct: to choose the lesser of two evils.
    7. the force in nature that governs and gives rise to wickedness and sin.
    8. the wicked or immoral part of someone or something: The evil in his nature has destroyed the good.
    9. harm; mischief; misfortune: to wish one evil.
    10. anything causing injury or harm: Tobacco is considered by some to be an evil.
    11. a harmful aspect, effect, or consequence: the evils of alcohol.
    12. a disease, as king's evil.
    –adverb 13. in an evil manner; badly; ill: It went evil with him.
    —Idiom14. the evil one, the devil; Satan.

Seems even the very definition of evil has grown since I was a kid.

I believe that evil does exist.

What is Good (goodness) without Evil in contrast. If there was no such thing as evil, how would mankind be able to recognize true goodness when they see it.

I think the opinions of what evil is has altered over the centuries. In more recent years it has taken on a more superficial meaning.

How else do you explain things like the Holocaust? If that one tragedy in history doesn't prove the existence of true evil, I don't know what does.
    Last edited by Zeikku Shadow; Nov 26, 2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast