+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Evil Truly Exist?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does Evil Truly Exist?

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    I don't believe there is evil. Rape, murder, war, they aren't evil. They are human and animal nature. It's human nature for us to fight, and kill each other. Animals do it, and so do we.

Rape isn't evil either. In most cases, it's when a otherwise logical man or women, gets overcome with sexual desire, and lust. It's a mental problem, not evil.

Murder, same thing. Some people kill to defend themselves. Some people kill to defend others. Some people kill for their country. Some people kill for revenge. Some people kill for personal gain. Are they evil? No.

Really, there's no such thing as evil. It's a human word to describe things that aren't socially accepted. Majority vs Minority.
    well then for an example, i have the right to kill you and everyone else that you've known and loved for no reason at all. after all it's just human and animal nature.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmn... I guess you can say that evil is there. Lurking. It might come into a person or your conscience. But, I believe God is there, protecting us from evil. ^^

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Does Evil Truly Exist?

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    I don't believe there is evil. Rape, murder, war, they aren't evil. They are human and animal nature. It's human nature for us to fight, and kill each other. Animals do it, and so do we.

Rape isn't evil either. In most cases, it's when a otherwise logical man or women, gets overcome with sexual desire, and lust. It's a mental problem, not evil.

Murder, same thing. Some people kill to defend themselves. Some people kill to defend others. Some people kill for their country. Some people kill for revenge. Some people kill for personal gain. Are they evil? No.

Really, there's no such thing as evil. It's a human word to describe things that aren't socially accepted. Majority vs Minority.
    I'm sorry... WHAT???

Animals and humans are entirely different beings!! Animals live based off of general consensus. They eat, sleep and breed. That's it. They don't kill for revengs, they don't start wars, the don't kill unless it's to eat, they don't have intercourse unless it's time and animals have no moral values--such as good vs. evil.

Humans on the other hand: Do have animal instinct, but don't use it. Humans (the evil ones) start wars, build weapons of destruction; they kill for power, personal gain, revenge and fun. They steal pleasure from others through acts of rape, murder and theivery.

Trust me, there is truly evil in the world and you cannot say that we are the same as animals, because animals don't have the mental capacity for doin' some of the things that humans do. To think that an animal is capable of murder or plotting revenge is ridiculous and I think you watch too many Disney movies, if that's the case.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    We hear about "evil" all the time. But it's very difficult to pinpoint just what is "evil" and what is merely misunderstood.

Our respective religions, governments, families and belief-systems tell us that certain behaviors, people, religions, etc are "evil"... but other groups of people may not agree.

Is the word "evil" just something people use to turn us against one another?
    Or does true evil really exist? If so, what is it?
    "Evil is being separated from God"

Jesus preached that good is being one with God, evil is being apart from God. "Every sound tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears evil fruit".

evil is usually limited to the idea of doing harm or damage to an object or creature.
    there are certain acts that are universally considered evil, such as rape and murder. On the other hand, it is hard to find any act that was not acceptable in some society.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I totaly agree with Sprouts last post, which was against mellow maromi's post. Animals are natural- not evil- they really do everything based upon their natural instincts, just their needs, we, humans, have our emotions and our wishes...

I don't think there are many people who do things just because they are evil. I really don't think that is quite possible... Only if you get pleasure from seing people hurt- that is evil (therefore I hereby pronounce that all who kill people, tortuing them terribly before that, with no obvious reasong, or raping people are evil).

People just have their aims and some people are ready to do everything to acieve them (wars, mass destruction, killing, stealing, fraud etc.). I don't know if that can be called evil, it is bad, but they don't aim to hurt people, they aim to get what they want, they just ignore everything around... That is bad, very bad, but they are not evil, just damn weak against their wishes.

That is how I find it. There are really not many people who do bad things just because they enjoy it. At least I hope so.

P.s. Great topic tsurara! I've been always wondering about this and it's nice to hear what other people think.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I'm sorry... WHAT???

Animals and humans are entirely different beings!! Animals live based off of general consensus. They eat, sleep and breed. That's it. They don't kill for revengs, they don't start wars, the don't kill unless it's to eat, they don't have intercourse unless it's time and animals have no moral values--such as good vs. evil.

Humans on the other hand: Do have animal instinct, but don't use it. Humans (the evil ones) start wars, build weapons of destruction; they kill for power, personal gain, revenge and fun. They steal pleasure from others through acts of rape, murder and theivery.

Trust me, there is truly evil in the world and you cannot say that we are the same as animals, because animals don't have the mental capacity for doin' some of the things that humans do. To think that an animal is capable of murder or plotting revenge is ridiculous and I think you watch too many Disney movies, if that's the case.
    Humans are animals. As much as you want to deny it, as much as you want to believe your bible and say that "animals don't have souls and we do", It wont make it true.

Humans are just like any other animal. Every animal has its flaws and its advantages. Some animals are faster runners. Some animals are better swimmers. Some animals are more intelligent. We happen to be the ladder.

Good, bad, justice, and evil are all words and illusions created by the human mind. There is no good or bad. What one society sees as good, another society will see as bad.

A true definition of good or bad can't change. Because good and bad are set in stone. If a society sees something as good one day, but then the next day they see it as bad, it means it was never good in the first place.

Every ambition in your life, (religion, a purpose, love, wealth, immortality, happiness, fear of death), they are all illusions. They are things created by your mind to propel you through life. Disregarding all that, and the basic instincts exist.

The instinct of survival. You flee, fight, eat, drink, and fear, for your basic need to survive. Its the only thing that matters to animals. You try to live life as long as you can as best as you can, desperately hoping you will someday go somewhere better, to heaven, or to wealth. Its pointless. Your whole life is pointless. There is no purpose. You were born, you survive as long as you can, you maybe make offspring, and then you die. Thats life.

And no, I'm not saying that if were animals then why dont we just kill eachother without cause. That's why theres government.

Even with animals, there are basic governments, Pack leaders, the head gorilla, etc. They regulate what the rest of the group can do, where to hunt, how much they can eat, who eats what. Its not uncommon. Humans arent that unique, just more complex.

But, we create government, which is a basic instinct for all animals, to keep everything in order. Anarchy can only exist for so long, until some form of government comes into existence, shortly after.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I'm sorry... WHAT???

I agree with you there. As humans all we have are animal instincts and even then we don't really use them much because we are too preoccupied with controlling our emotions. That is what makes us different from other animals in the world. We experience more emotions than they do. Well I think we do anyway.

As for there being evil in the world then yes. For someone to say that there isn't in my eyes are trying to blind themselves with living in a dream world where everything is portrayed in a twisted way. If there is good in the world then there has to be evil. You cannot have one with out the other it is the natural balance in life to have both. For there not to be evil in the world is to not have good either. It just be nothing.

Evil is every you go, its discrimination, its arguments, its bullying, its mistreatment, its neglect, its ill justice, and its murder. You cannot say that any of things are all good and its part of our nature because truly that isn't nature that is more corruption within the system.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

But, murder is only bad because the law and religions say it is. Other religions and even other countrys at different times didnt see killing another human as murder.

Killing someone to save your life, to defend yourself or your property, do you call that murder?

Is a murderer really evil? Or just mentally unstable and needs help.

And yes, im saying there is no good, and no evil, because they are both just words to define societys views.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast