Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17

Thread: Does God exist?

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does God exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    You assume god was all powerfull, but what if god was a pansy
    who just happened to be capable of creating life?

Who cries everytime he/she/it sees the sunset, and loves the smell of flowers and the taste of koolaid?

Why doesnt it matter to me?
    It just doesnt.

Alot of things dont matter to me really.

But i guess this doesnt matter to me partially becuase it really doesnt affect my life.

Its just gonna end at sum point anyway.
    Whether i believed in the diety or no.

It doesnt change a thing.

I have a question for you as well:
    Should it matter to me? and like why?
    Does it matter to you? and why?
    One at a time please, then let's switch roles after I have no more questions to ask. Would that be fine with you? It's not like I'd forget what you've just said or asked; they're still here unless they get edited or deleted. (Besides, I've just devised a strategy to get higher post counts without having the mods breathe down my neck for "non-quality posts", and this is it. And I need your help for this one. Heh.)

That aside, would you suppose a "mere" pansy would be able to create life out of nothing? I doubt it. And even if such a pansy powerful enough to do so were to exist, that would be some pansy indeed; a "pansy" more powerful than you, me, or anyone or anything. At most, man can induce life, with test tubes, incubators, defibrillators and artificial cells and virii and whatnot, but he cannot create it out of nothing. Hence, the pansy in question, in being able to do something we ourselves cannot no matter how much we try, is more powerful, and infinitely so.

Where do you suppose life comes from, then, if not from your powerful pansy? Or all things, for that matter?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    One at a time please, then let's switch roles after I have no more questions to ask. Would that be fine with you? It's not like I'd forget what you've just said or asked; they're still here unless they get edited or deleted. (Besides, I've just devised a strategy to get higher post counts without having the mods breathe down my neck for "non-quality posts", and this is it. And I need your help for this one. Heh.)

That aside, would you suppose a "mere" pansy would be able to create life out of nothing? I doubt it. And even if such a pansy powerful enough to do so were to exist, that would be some pansy indeed; a "pansy" more powerful than you, me, or anyone or anything. At most, man can induce life, with test tubes, incubators, defibrillators and artificial cells and virii and whatnot, but he cannot create it out of nothing. Hence, the pansy in question, in being able to do something we ourselves cannot no matter how much we try, is more powerful, and infinitely so.

Where do you suppose life comes from, then, if not from your powerful pansy? Or all things, for that matter?

How bout we just post whats on our mind instead?
    I dont feel like playing your little posting game.

If you cant keep up, then why continue talking to me like this?
    Its blunt, but beating round the bush can only be done for so long.

Ever hear the saying "the pen is mightier than the sword"?

Lets say god is the pen, now in general people when they first hear this saying thinks it s ridiculous. People view the pen as a pansy.

But when you really think about why the pen is mightier than the sword you realize the meaning behind the saying.

Just becuase im saying god may be a pansy rather than your stereotypical muscles, bulk, power, all knowing being, doesnt mean im calling him weak.

Im just throwing out suggestions to make a wider range of broader thinking.

So whats wrong if god is a pansy?
    Why does he have to be some powerfull being?

Just becuase hes the creator of the universe?

Have you seen any powerful universe creaters lately?

I havent.

You said man can induce life?
    Honey, whats is your school's sex ed class like??

Honestly, last i heard, your dad was the one to get with your mom to result as you, not god.

Cuz if god gave you your life, then he gave me my life, and everyone else.
    Which makes him the biggest whore in history, And he must have just about every std known and uknown.

Thats one dirty god.

Of course this is all figuratively speaking.

(and i use "he" in reference to god very lightly)

God didnt choose to have you (or accidently have you)
    your parents did.

With reproductive cells and organs and junk.
    Maybe a little alchohol.

Next time you ask your biology teacher how babies are born, ask "wheres god take place in all this?"

Religion like it or not is superstition.
    Superstition meaning the reasoning behind that of which cannot be explained.
    REasoning reasoned by humans.

Humans which make human error.

"Religions die when they are proved to be true. Science is the record of dead religions." -Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde
    Yay-yea?

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    How bout we just post whats on our mind instead?
    I dont feel like playing your little posting game.

If you cant keep up, then why continue talking to me like this?
    Its blunt, but beating round the bush can only be done for so long.

Ever hear the saying "the pen is mightier than the sword"?

Lets say god is the pen, now in general people when they first hear this saying thinks it s ridiculous. People view the pen as a pansy.

But when you really think about why the pen is mightier than the sword you realize the meaning behind the saying.
    Does it look like I'm fooling around with you? Let's stick to the topic at hand first. But regarding your first few statements, I don't see any connection at all. Especially what the saying "the pen is mightier than the sword" has to do with this. I suggest you put aside the metaphors for now and get straight to the point.

For now, I won't address the unrelated issues you just brought up, such as "sex ed". Not that I'm not interested, they simply tend to get in the way.

I do not presume to know everything, and it would be stupid of me to assume beforehand that you hold so-and-so views regarding this-and-that thing, especially if my assumptions are wrong. So I'd like to hear what you have to say before I give you my two cents. By helping me with my questions, you do me kindness, in more ways than one.

Just becuase im saying god may be a pansy rather than your stereotypical muscles, bulk, power, all knowing being, doesnt mean im calling him weak.

Im just throwing out suggestions to make a wider range of broader thinking.

So whats wrong if god is a pansy?
    Why does he have to be some powerfull being?

Just becuase hes the creator of the universe?
    To put it bluntly, yes. Even if God were merely a pansy, we would still be weaker by comparison anyway.

Have you seen any powerful universe creaters lately?

I havent.
    Just because you can't see, hear, feel, touch, or taste something doesn't mean it's not there. Yet if it did leave a mark somewhere, we'll have at least an idea that it was there at some point, and perhaps even an idea of what it's like.

I haven't seen any "powerful universe creaters [sic]", but I have seen architects, engineers, foremen, builders, plumbers, electricians, and crane-lift operators band together to build magnificent towers and skyscrapers. The skyscraper could not have stood on its own accord from a pile of building materials; somebody had to make it happen.

Likewise, could we not say the same regarding the universe? The more I read science, the more I'm convinced that things as they are are ordered, rather than chaotic. Why do you suppose that's so?

Honestly, last i heard, your dad was the one to get with your mom to result as you, not god.

Cuz if god gave you your life, then he gave me my life, and everyone else.
    Which makes him the biggest whore in history, And he must have just about every std known and uknown.

Thats one dirty god.

Of course this is all figuratively speaking.

(and i use "he" in reference to god very lightly)

God didnt choose to have you (or accidently have you)
    your parents did.

With reproductive cells and organs and junk.
    Maybe a little alchohol.

Next time you ask your biology teacher how babies are born, ask "wheres god take place in all this?"
    I've had more of my fair share of biology classes, so you can't accuse me of being ignorant here. I major in biology, after all. Yes, sex makes babies. Yet where did our parents come from? Our grandparents, of course. Where did they come from? Our great-grandparents. And so on. Yet from whence did all of mankind come?

In fact, in order for something to exist the way it does, there must have been some prior cause to make it exist, and in the way it does. There couldn't have been a house without builders; there wouldn't be cake if the baker decided not to fire up his oven and whip together some eggs, flour, cream, et cetera.

Where do things come from? Do they come from something that existed before, or from absolute nothing?

Religion like it or not is superstition.
    Superstition meaning the reasoning behind that of which cannot be explained.
    REasoning reasoned by humans.

Humans which make human error.

"Religions die when they are proved to be true. Science is the record of dead religions." -Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde
    Just because someone famous, such as Oscar Wilde, said it doesn't mean it's true. In fact, though he did pursue a wild, flamboyant lifestyle, it is a little-known fact that Oscar Wilde decided to become a Catholic shortly before he died. It is likely that he did retract, albeit silently, any anti-theistic opinions he might have held previously.

"Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient, ever new, late have I loved you!" - St. Augustine of Hippo

Now, why do you suppose religion is mere superstition?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

After re-reading this thread, I was brought to quote one of my previous posts

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    To be compleatly honest, this debate is pretty pointless.

There's going to be three camps in this issue: Those who belive, those who don't, and those who don't care.

None of these parties can prove their cases (the third one doesn't have a case anyways), since this is a matter of faith.
    12 pages is quite enough, concidering the topic was started back in August. Time to move on people.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17