Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Does God exist?

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Does God exist?

I always hear this question: Does God exist? Each time I hear that, I don't know how to respond. It's not like anyone has been able to prove his existence. I'm not even sure why I am using “he.” For all I know, God is female. It's things like this that make me question Christianity. They can always try to seem like the know everything about their teachings, traditions, and rituals. But can they really back up all questions asked to them by people?

Honestly, I cannot imagine that they can. How would you even know when they are making things up just for you to stop asking that same questions. I mean there's already theories and doubts of Christian stories. I mean if you have either read or watched Da Vinci Code, there's your prove of doubt and theories being speculated. People might have even different things they could try to imagine about Christianity. If there was an actual proof of everything that Church said like the existence of God, maybe we would stop asking questions. But I don't think that's ever going to happen.

I know people have some stuff like when miracles happen. People would believe it's God's work. I've even heard several times on the news that people in the hospital who were on the brink of death came back alive. Then these people tell their experience what it was like to be temporarily dead.

In the end, I'm not sure what to believe when it comes to the existence of God. I guess it's definitely a "maybe" for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tano-kun For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Aug 13, 2008)

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

well to put it bluntly i can't awnser you're question.... i can't prove, nor disprove that god exists.....

I for one... don't beleave in God anymore..... yea sure technicaly i'm a cristian... i was bathtised and all that crap... but as years passed and i grew older i started doubting in this so called "God" .... i started to beleave in facts... things that have solid proof and well... you can't deny they're existance and stuff... you don't have proof... yea i might beleave you.... depending on what you're trying to tell me... if you whant me to beleave something bring me proof.
    if it makes you feel better you can call me satanist or son of the devil or whatever... but to tell you the truth... if there where proof that God existed, i whould likeley worship Satan over Him
    Last edited by Shin Ryuga; Aug 17, 2008 at 04:55 AM.

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shin Ryuga For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Aug 30, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Asking if God exsists doesn;t really help. I think specifying in the christian sense is a bit unfair. Why not ask of the other gods and patron deities? if one exsists, then surely they all must, and conversely if one doesnt then they all dont.

It's like asking if there is a real difference between good and evil. You can not answer it. What one person sees as evil the other will see as good. therefore, with that logic, if one person believes God exsists there will always be people who don't.

There is no way to prove God exsits and live to tell the tale, for in my experiences you need to die in order to meet the big guy.
    Why hello there!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

"I'm open to religion but not 100% convinced by it"
    - Nick Angels (Simon Pegg from Hot Fuzz )

N e time anybody ask me my religion I always say that quote. I'm just not convinced on what somebody tells me, I'm the type that has to see what he's about to base his whole life to. Y'know? I can't believe in something I have no proof that exists. It's almost like believing a fairy tale to me sometimes because everyone thinks that God is like, the person that'll get them outta trouble and that he will save them. Ppl use religion as a crutch y'know? some of um do, and their all just hypocrites, only believing in God when they need him. And I'd be just as bad as them if i believed in something that I had second guesses on.

But that's just me...

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokerman For This Useful Post:

Newbie AznHao is off to a good start
    Thanks

in this topic, by stating only one side as "being good and more true", fundamentally, a person is only opening themselves to lose in an argument about this matter. i on the other have am open on both end, i don't believe in god nor do i believe in the big bang. it is hard to prove how we come from but for those that do say that god made us all, are those that have given up trying to look for answers. and even more so if there is a god, how sure are you that your worshiping the right one; many people said to me that "as long as i have faith in the lord, i know hes the right one." then it makes me thing that how many time they say other people worship fake gods: so i guess they don't have faith on their lord and just wanna wast time.. huh.

here are some rhetorical questions..

1. what happened to the dinosaurs? did god kill them off because they dunno how to worship him?

2. can you prove god's existence with out always going "because the bible said so"?

3. did you do and believe in god because god came to u or did you grow up being tough the god's way of life by family and friend around u? aka... i means brain-washed to believe

4. and last, who wrote the bible? who came up with the rules of god?

PS. for question 4, plz don't say god or the profits of god, because unless your can explain your answer with out crossing my question 2 then your really got nothing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AznHao For This Useful Post:

Newbie vampadorn is off to a good start vampadorn's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont know maybe he doesnt. I cant prove he exists and i kind of dont think he is. im wiccan.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vampadorn For This Useful Post:

sarcosuchus (Oct 31, 2008)

Newbie Kuinta is off to a good start
    Thanks

I'm not sure if God exists. There's a lot of Christians in the US who seem to think that way. It all seems weird how people can rejoice for some higher being that hasn't been proven whether he exists or not. Despite anyone's answer to this question, it all comes to that nobody actually knows the truth. We have some ideas and hyptheses about God, but which of them have came close to the truth? If I'm not mistaken, I would think none of them have even gotten close. The existence of God isn't as simple as just thinking logical and using science. It's beyond our own comprehension. I'm not sure if we will ever come to a solution, but it's probably not going to happen in this century. I'm mean in every religion that worships a god, is there any real way to of their existence in this world? Even if someone spent their whole life searching for God, I don't think they would find their answer. It almost like a wild goose chase because we don't even know how to begin with finding God.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuinta For This Useful Post:

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I would doubt he exists just on the fact he tells us to do what we think is right, pray to him for them to be answered ( if not answered god works in mysterious ways if he does do it praise the lord? ). I just think god and jesus are just a guideline to live a " happy " life, religion makes you blind in my eyes.

I always think religion as being a tool to fill in a gap that people can't understand why are we here or what am I supposed to do. People think just because they are here they must have a meaning which comes from a higher place, I honestly don't think so.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Violent For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast