50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fact

32 64.00%
  • Fiction

18 36.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon, Fact ot Fiction?

im a ninja-u cant c me bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk may be famous one day bloodhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dragon, Fact ot Fiction?

for me it is yes and no. yes i think they lived but i do not think they brithed fire or anything like that

IM BACK

Newbie shatteredpain385 may be famous one day shatteredpain385 may be famous one day shatteredpain385's Avatar
    Thanks

dragons exsist for sure, but some of the stories of them do get a tad bit exagerated

Newbie Dead Reckoning may be famous one day Dead Reckoning may be famous one day Dead Reckoning's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know if their real or not but if they are then there nothing like in the movies because they gotta be pretty fricking smart for us not to have found them yet.

Otaku Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Reckoning
    I dont know if their real or not but if they are then there nothing like in the movies because they gotta be pretty fricking smart for us not to have found them yet.
    Well, yes. Either that or they are extinct by now. I also saw a documentary on these fabled creatures (and yes the reputable scientists interviewed believed they had discovered the remains of a large "dragon", or at least what all of those wide-spread religions who put the reptile in this category had been describing).
    As for me, I believe (as others have previously stated as well) that there are just too many consistancies of the belief between too many different societies that had never before encountered one another. If so many different people believed in a variation of the same creature (with many of the same elements...ex: fire-breathing, flight...etc) and yet hadn't met before--there has to be some form of truth underneath the myths.

Note: Also, the reason stated by said documentary that many of the "dragons" were depicted differently...(ex: The Old English dragons stand on all fours and have an extended tail, while Oriental Dragons have a more serpent-like body and are lower to the ground) is because these reptiles were variations of the same species. Just like both the Polar, Panda, and Grizzly all look very different but are still considered of the bear species.
    Last edited by Foreshadow; May 31, 2006 at 04:23 PM.

---DaRe tO bE nO oNe BuT yOuRsElF---
    {My Blogsite: RR+CV}

Newbie Dead Reckoning may be famous one day Dead Reckoning may be famous one day Dead Reckoning's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw something about a dragon carcos (sp?) found somewhere in another country, But chances are its a load of crap.
    P.S. I SUCK AT SPELLING.

Otaku Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow may be famous one day Foreshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe. However it still doesn't explain how all those different cultures believed in relatively the same creature.

---DaRe tO bE nO oNe BuT yOuRsElF---
    {My Blogsite: RR+CV}

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foreshadow
    Maybe. However it still doesn't explain how all those different cultures believed in relatively the same creature.
    Different cultures aren't completely isolated from one another you know, ideas could have spread through imigration, trade, war etc.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025 may be famous one day viper11025's Avatar
    Thanks

I can answer that.
    Ever think maybe they did exist,but then were wiped out?
    It's possible the stories of the dragons kept going and going until they stretched across the globe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast