+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dragons, Fact or Fiction !?

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dragons, Fact or Fiction !?

well there are dragons in the world, the kimodo dragon, but the existance of the "western"dragon doesn't seem to me would exist, just because of complications, and if they did exist, where did they go?

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

One thing that is bugging me is how did the reptile earned their name as dragon? thought wizards or knight thought of that name for them? or was is scientist or archelogist? either way I want to know how did the reptiles got their name?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Dragons, Fact or Fiction !?

Quote Originally Posted by glacier View Post
    I'v watched Animal Planet Showcase about dragons. And i had some thought about that.

As all of you know that dragon is a mythical, unreal, creature. You know from your childhood story that dragons have wings, can fly or even burst the fire from it's mouth. You can find dragon everywhere on this planet. Start from the snowy dark cold mountains of Rumania, glistening eastern sea of China, until the farthest dessert in southern australia. And dragon, somehow, exist inside Holy Bible as Leviathan. Other name of dragon such as Naga (indonesia), Ryu (Jpn), Y Ddraig Goch (Wales).

You can find dragon with any kind of shape, personality, name, until the way for worship those 'dragons'. One thing is unique with dragon, you can find it, like i said, everywhere on this planet, not like other mythical creature like hippogriff or chimera. And there's one story about a priest who died because he was killed by a dragon there's a prove about that on one window glass in southern england..

I would like to know your opinion about this dragons. Do you believe it was exist or not. Well, i think it's weird..Can you explain that?

btw,,quoting from AP Showcase

"And a child best guest is Dragon DID exist."

Well, for me a dragon that throws fire through his mouth is pure fiction. A dragon that "protects" the casttle is fantasy... but there are some big lizzards on china and australia -those are the ones that I know of- that the ppl call "dragons" but they are like big crocodrilles....
    About Leviatan from Job 39, i don't know what to tell you... I really don't know what animal the bible was refering to.
    But as I said before, dragons that trow fire and fly are a fantasy.... at least for me......
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Well, for me a dragon that throws fire through his mouth is pure fiction. A dragon that "protects" the casttle is fantasy... but there are some big lizzards on china and australia -those are the ones that I know of- that the ppl call "dragons" but they are like big crocodrilles....
    About Leviatan from Job 39, i don't know what to tell you... I really don't know what animal the bible was refering to.
    But as I said before, dragons that trow fire and fly are a fantasy.... at least for me......
    Protecting good, thats a fact too right? dragons normally just eat but they don't really protect gold do they?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hellknight View Post
    One thing that is bugging me is how did the reptile earned their name as dragon? thought wizards or knight thought of that name for them? or was is scientist or archelogist? either way I want to know how did the reptiles got their name?
    Because before 1842^ that is what any large reptile* was called no matter the number of appendages or shape for as far back as history can record. Now we call them dinosaurs. There is some evidence that some dinosaurs actually continued to exist on the earth long after the rest were extinct. True or not in China they still call dinosaur bones 'Dragon Bones', dig them up, and grind them for apothecary medicines. The question isn't where the name Dragon came from it's why we ever forgot what it means. I guess it just didn't sound scientific enough.

That is why you find stories of dragons across the entire world. At what point someone in Europe took every different type of story and combined it into one amalgamate of fire breathing, venom dripping, flying, hoarding (shinies!), menace though is anyone's guess. Think of it as the King Arthur of the animal kingdom if it makes you feel better.

^The date that Sir Richard Owen invented the word Dinosaur from the Greek words deinos and sauros.
    *The word reptile originated sometime between 1350–1400 from the Latin rēpere, to creep.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I love dragons and everything about them - to the point I almost wish they were true xD, but yeah.. Arrianna, basically summed up everything I was going to say..prehaps in a little bit more detail ^^

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I recently watched a program regarding the flying and fire breating aspect of "dragons". It is theorized that a bacteria in the digetive system produced hydrogen as a byproduct of it's own digestion. The "dragon" had a lung like organ for trapping these hydrogen emitions. By harvesting the hydrogen the beast greatly reduced it's own weight making it possible to fly with relatively small wings. This hydrogen could also be used as a weapon but at the cost of the whole lighter than air thing. I had to leave to go to work before they revealed what they thought was the ignition source for the fire breathing, though i'm pretty sure it was some kid of chemical reaction.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Newbie glacier may be famous one day glacier may be famous one day glacier's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    I recently watched a program regarding the flying and fire breating aspect of "dragons". It is theorized that a bacteria in the digetive system produced hydrogen as a byproduct of it's own digestion. The "dragon" had a lung like organ for trapping these hydrogen emitions. By harvesting the hydrogen the beast greatly reduced it's own weight making it possible to fly with relatively small wings. This hydrogen could also be used as a weapon but at the cost of the whole lighter than air thing. I had to leave to go to work before they revealed what they thought was the ignition source for the fire breathing, though i'm pretty sure it was some kid of chemical reaction.

The bacteria, methanogen, is bacteria that survive, live and produce heat, or in this case fire. The lung in dragon's chest contain hydrogen. These hydrogen also help dragon to fly. When hydrogen and this methana (gas) meet, it makes fire. Some thought dragon has some mechanical valve like reptile who prevent water (dragon-> fire) enter their lung system. That's why the theory of dragon burst fire could be true. BUt what if the dragon doesnt hv the valve? The other thought said that dragon doesnt need any valve. Like circus ppl who can burst fire. They dont hv valve but they throat not burned.
    The enviroment thousands yr ago also different. The plant, meat and also water also influenced this methanogen. SOme dragon in asia cnt burst fire bcz they dont need to burst fire. The climate in Asia, approximately, not too cold like in North europe.
    Well...that's mine...

For I am rightful of their band, My best allegiances are to the death ~Gwendolyn Brooks

Signature designed by Shonen
    Thank You

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast