+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Dragons, Fact or Fiction !?

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dragons, Fact or Fiction !?

Dragons crop up in legends all over the world; I daresay something akin or similar to a dragon once existed (dinosaurs, while they did not live at the same time as humans, might count). I had an English teacher several years ago who believed that unicorns once existed. Her theory went something like this:
    Scientists have found horse skeletons dating back aeons. Rhinocerous horns are made of keratin (like fingernails) and decay when the animal dies. Is it so far a stretch to think that maybe unicorns once existed, that they were the bones discovered, and the legendary horn of the unicorn has long since decomposed?

I wonder if this could also apply to dragons? Some sort of primal lizard that spat a poison that burned the flesh, perhaps?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Unicorns are even easier to explain then that. The reason being that a half sheep half goat was born a few years ago with a single horn in the middle of it's forehead. If you go and look at the tapestries the unicorns are remarkably goat like. Also at that time period they would deliberately place male goats in the sheep herds to help protect them against natural predators. Under those circumstances it's not to hard to believe more hybrids with single horns would be born. Rare, probably, but still not unlikely.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen lots of movies with unicorns, never have they looked like a goat. Hollywood would never misslead me, you must be mistaken.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't believe that dragons persay exist but maybe at one time creatures did exist that were blown out of proportion by people who did not understand what they were seeing. These misproportions of size and ability were passed down and people started to believe that they were real.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Namida Goddess View Post
    I don't believe that dragons persay exist but maybe at one time creatures did exist that were blown out of proportion by people who did not understand what they were seeing. These misproportions of size and ability were passed down and people started to believe that they were real.
    Kind of like how "mermaids" turned out to be walruses? (Personally, I think it would take a great deal more than scurvy and sunstroke to confuse a bloated mammal with a gorgeous woman . . .)

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Kind of like how "mermaids" turned out to be walruses? (Personally, I think it would take a great deal more than scurvy and sunstroke to confuse a bloated mammal with a gorgeous woman . . .)
    Don't forget that they drank mostly rum and beer while at sea.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4