+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DREAM is a gate to the future?

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

Re: DREAM is a gate to the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Dread
    There you go, without thinking. Exactly how many different lines of thought can you follow all at once? While yes, you can do things subconsciously, the subconscious is where basically everything goes if you aren't actively thinking about it. You know when you have this massive problem, and you think and think on the subject and nothing comes, then you just head off for a bit, have some tea or something and Wham! The answer hits you. That is your subconscious at work. While our puny conscious can only track so much, the subconscious can hold, sort and link through massive amounts of info. Its really too bad we have no direct control over the subconscious, eh?
    But, can a subconscious throw you temporarily into the future? That's the question I'm asking.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think it can certain smells ,sounds, and even music
    can activate a certain remider froma dream wich
    comes from a future that hasnt happend but yo can changes the future
    threw dreams like i did with my argument
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Newbie Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread's Avatar
    Thanks

No no no, What I was saying in most cases it is not you peering into the future so much as your brain collection enough info that you weren't aware of to make a guess about something and it gets dumped into REM.

For example, you are playing a video game, totally focused on it. Friend talking on the phone, and then leaving the house for the rest of the night but you don't hear any of it because you aren't paying attention. Your subconscious however, does hear it. That night, you have a dream about a close friend dying. You wake up and your friend tells you the close friend died. You could of known he was sick, and your subconscious could of picked up the worried tone and the context of the phone call from your friend and make a random projection.

But that is most cases. I don't feel you can really peer into time or the future. There are too many random variables that affect what happens for someone to be able to "predict" what happens without some sort of previous context and info. And then it inst predicting the future, is it?

I guess you could say some people can do the projection trick better then others.
    Like one that on a lonesome road doth walk in fear and dread.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    Thanks

I can understand that. But, what I'm having trouble understanding is the fact that the subconscious can project possible events in the future without input from the past or present.

Newbie Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, we understand almost nothing about the human mind, or the brain that is its gooey half.

Who is saying that some people can get inputs that no one eles can?
    Like one that on a lonesome road doth walk in fear and dread.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

everyone can tap into the part of that
    part of the brain when they dream like
    that sylvia brown but she is awake when she does it
    she trained herself or soemthing. anyway we only use 5%
    of our brain the 95% we dont use is what i think would be
    awesome to undersand
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Thanks

Imagine if we could use all of our brains. Consciously. All hell would break out.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think dreams allow us to see the future. When you dream the part of your brain that depicts reality from fantasy is still shutdown, while the part of your brain that allows your imagination to function is still active. So when you are dreaming there is no barrier between fiction and non-fiction becuase that part of your brain isn't active, so dreams are merely your imagination running wild. What seems to be peering into the future is simply dajavou. And I think Admiral said something about this but take for an example that one of your family members is dying from cancer. Some scientists speculate that dreams are an attempt by our brain to run certain scenarios to prepare us for what might come to pass, so dreaming that your family member dies can simply be your brain preparing you for the phycological and emotional impact that will have on you, helping you deal better with it when it happens.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast