+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dreams: What do they mean?!

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

Dreams: What do they mean?!

In my Film class we watched this really ballin’ movie called “waking Life”

I really don’t feel like getting into details of this movie but they went over their idea of dreams. Like to say we are all connected.YouTube - julie

My teacher says(in his opinion) that dreams are like a file manager. When we get jumbled info in our waking life then when we sleep, dreams puts the info together.

Another guy concluded that dreams are like a simulator. An event that suppose to happen later on, we make our own simulation in our head. That’s what maybe causes the feeling it has happened before.

My idea is when desires, emotions, and such comes to party with the bites and pieces of reality in your head. Thus making your own world. Though I really do agree with all of the above.

YouTube - Waking Life - Dreams for free

What are dreams?
    Last edited by Shippo101; Nov 17, 2010 at 11:08 AM.
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

Newbie cathy is off to a good start cathy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dreams: What do they mean?!

to me some dreams are wat u want to happen but some dreams are also the past... for me my dreams are of the future... so i really dont kno..
    im shy........... not scared

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that when we sleep , during REM our eyes dart through our memories , thoughts and feelings and also that the conscious mind has been shut off to let the subconscious mind party .The subconscius mind has the thoughts ,memories and feelings nd the eyes just whiz through them .So dreams are basically of somehting that has bugged you in the day or way back in the past ,somehting ur hiding inside or some fear buried deep .
    but then dis doesnt some of my dreams which are about people ive never seen or never known and bugs that ive never seen (the size of a mango seed lol) o.0 so i guess dreams are mishmash of somethin

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I sorta agree with Sarentai on how they happen, I never know what to think of dreams though because mine are always so random. I do think they are a nonsensical compilation of events that have happened throughout your day or even something that happened a long time ago; they can be thoughts both conscious and unconscious that you've been thinking about, but I don't feel they have any real meaning like some people do. All I know is when I have them I usually forget them, but remember them being very bizarre and harder to follow than a story written by a 10 year old.

Otaku keitamoro is off to a good start keitamoro's Avatar
    Thanks

Basically dreams are emotions,images passing through your mind during an sleep.Dreams probably mean that when having to picture something in your mind you would think that this might actually happen in reality but hasn't yet so it's most likely a delusion.

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

IMO, a dream is something like a puzzle... or a video montage. Bits and pieces of your memories and your "daydreams" are sort of connected in your brain, and when you fall asleep, the puzzle itself is shown through the form of a dream. That's how I see it, though, since 99.9 percent of my dreams are composed of stuff that have actually happened to me, and stuff that I usually think about.

mmhmm.

+ Reply to Thread