+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: driving law!!

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: driving law!!

Yeah, up here in BC the driving age is 16, though it's along the same line as Gwenibe said.....When you first get your license, it's your 'learner's' and you have to have an adult with you at all times, and you can only have one other passenger (not including the adult), then after a couple months you can get your "Novice" license, which means you don't have to have an adult in the car, but you can only have like two passengers (it used to be as many passengers as you wanted for the N stage, but everyone got into a knot over here because of a bunch of accidents....so the province was like 'no passengers for you!'! and FINALLY, after that you can get your full license.

What I find stupid is that to buy lottery over here, you only had to be 16 yrs old, but about 10 years ago they changed it so that you have to be 18.....which I find really stupid......Because at 16, the government lets you drive a car, where it is possible that you could kill a handful of people....but apparently buying lottery is worse? Explain that one to me.......

None of this stuff applies to me though, but I still think some of it is a joke......especially the rules for being a Novice driver in BC.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

I think driving at 18 is alot better than to do it earlier . But then again it depends whether you are responsible enough to drive on the road. To drive is a big responsibility and 16 year olds aren't usually ready for such a privilege.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Otaku moongoddess may be famous one day moongoddess may be famous one day moongoddess's Avatar
    Thanks

i think the age should stay 16 here!!
    my state thinkds teens are not responsible enough to drive on the road!
    they say all the teen do is speed and try and show off!! not all teens do that though! i really want this driving law changed!
    FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT!
    WINNING LOVE BY DAYLIGHT
    NEVER RUNNING FROM A REAL FIGHT,
    SHES THE ONE NAMED SAILORMOON

Otaku LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13 may be famous one day LittleHobbit13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moongoddess
    i think the age should stay 16 here!!
    my state thinkds teens are not responsible enough to drive on the road!
    they say all the teen do is speed and try and show off!! not all teens do that though! i really want this driving law changed!
    You're right. Not all teens are like that. However, a lot of them are, which gives rise to that stereotype. Like I said, you're not looking at the entire law. That law change only says you can't get your full license until 18. You can still get your permits and provisional licenses.

Have you ever read "If you give a mouse a cookie"? Basically, if you change it down to 16, then people are going to argue soon enough that the age should be 14. It's a responsiblity issue. If you aren't responsible enough to wait it out, then perhaps you aren't responsible enough deserve a license at 16. Ever think of it like that?
    "True kindness isn't something we're born with; it's something we have to work at. We have to mold it and shape it with ourselves. Not everyone has it, but I think everyone has the potential. Sometimes you just have to look really close before you can tell it's there." -- Kyoko Honda Fruits Basket
    ~ ~

Otaku moongoddess may be famous one day moongoddess may be famous one day moongoddess's Avatar
    Thanks

no i havent!! good point! they do steriotype the teens and it makes the whole teen population look bad becuz of a few!
    but her you cant get your permit till you 17! that sucks!
    FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT!
    WINNING LOVE BY DAYLIGHT
    NEVER RUNNING FROM A REAL FIGHT,
    SHES THE ONE NAMED SAILORMOON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2