Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Drunk Parents

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Drunk Parents

1. What i do when my parents are drunk is ask them for money they always fall for it
    2. I run away from a drunk person cuz u never know wat he or she would do to u
    3. This is a very interesting subject
    4. My parents already quit drinking.. no more free money

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

if no discussion about the topic other then just answering the OP's questions, I will close this thread for degenerating into a list thread.

Out of the 8 people who responded to the topic, only 3 have actually offered an kind of helpful advice. This is a serious topic and should be treated and responded to as such.

Newbie Uujille is just another face in the crowd Uujille's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    What do you do when one or both of your parents are drunk? My dad at the moment is drunk.He has 3 DUIs and is going to court on Monday.My mom has kicked him out. but...before that she has cried, hit the wall, yell and all sorts of things to sober him for court...but it has come to this...So i got a question for you

1: What do you do if your parents are drunk?

2: What do you if you meet a drunk person?

3:What is your opinion about this subject?

4:How should this be taken care of?

Well.. I have the same situation too like you! My dad is just addict! Super-Duper! Believe me... I think my father just learn how to drunk from my grandpa! My mother's father! You know my grandpa still drunk until now! One day we live the city and when we came back, the neighbors were complaining cause grandpa is always DRINKING! They say he almost dont eat breakfast & lunch! What the heck?!? Ok i'll just answer the question..

1. When my parent's are drunk, i just stay in my room and just listening to the radio! I dont mind them.. Cause when they're drunk, they can hurt people!

2. When i meet drunk person, i hide as fast as i can that he can't see me! Cause mother says drunk persons can do bad things to you! THEY CAN RAPE YOU!

3. "Those drinkers should post here! They can explain it to us a lot!"

4. Ask a doctor about it Joke! Joke! Joke!
    This must be taken care of to remind those drunkers to be ashamed to theirselves cause they are the one each of us talks about!

One more thing.. Sometimes i feel happy when my grandpa drinks! Cause he is really strict to each of us! So when he drunk, He's very kind to us! Yeehaw!! We also ask him to give us money!(Well he cant remember it anyway) So he does.. I love grandpa when he's drunk, VERY MUCH! But about my father.. Nah.. You cant convince him to pick a money from the wallet! How bad! But note drunk people are very funny
    SHIT MAH' MEN!!

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you do when one or both of your parents are drunk? My dad at the moment is drunk.He has 3 DUIs and is going to court on Monday.My mom has kicked him out. but...before that she has cried, hit the wall, yell and all sorts of things to sober him for court...but it has come to this...So i got a question for you

2: What do you if you meet a drunk person?

I had the same prob with my Dad while hi was alive! Yes he was an Alchoolic but;

1: what i did was cryin coz he wouldnt listen to me coz i was lil girl

2: Now My old brother is an alchoolic too but all I do is make him see how our dad end up sometime in very hard way but he doesnt care at all!

3: to me Alchool yes but very far away from me, i dont drink not coz im scared or something just coz i saw my dad dying and that is it!

4: I learn that they have to want to give up drinkin and cry for help or otherwise there is no way to stop this!
    Last edited by Arukih; Dec 17, 2007 at 04:02 AM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Only for 10 years then it will significantly decrease if done correctly. Prohibition was repealed to soon to be used as an example.

On the subject... I have never had to deal with that particular problem. I had friends with similar issues and all I could do was offer my house as somewhere they could come when they needed to escape. All I can suggest is having somewhere to go to when it gets bad. Also find an adult you can trust that you can talk to. If it gets bad enough they can help you know what to do better then we can.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie SnoReaper is off to a good start SnoReaper's Avatar
    Thanks

i really feel for you !!

im not for all that stuff about drinking , because i was grown up ijn a family where no1 drinks, so i have never been in a situationm like that! but my whole life i have mainly tried to avoid ppl who drink or smoke for that exact reason!!

SnoReaper
    out

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The only statement in that whole article that suggests that demand or use was higher during times of "banning" is un-cited and thus only conjecture.

Anti-Prohibition arguments are just arguments by those who wish to use the said item without fear of being caught or condemned by others for breaking the law.

While true that banning anything will increase the black market sell of said item, it no way increases the use of said item. Even simple logic tells you that something that is "hard" to get your hands on is going to be consumed less (in terms of total consumption of said product over time by the masses) then something that is on every street corner. I have never even seen illegal drugs (aside from pictures) yet I have seen enough alcohol in 1 town to kill everyone in it. Availability without deterrence INCREASES use, not the other way around.

Mary-Jane use in this country is much much much lower then it would be if "legal". Making something "legal" in many ways suggests the general population’s approval of said item and therefore promotes its use solely by basis of just making it "legal."

You can argue that "banning" will increase the rate of crime but my argument is “no” it will just change the type of crime. "Trafficking" said product, while still a crime is a "safer" crime then the massive number of DUI's, and impaired vehicle deaths per year. Don’t get me wrong, Trafficking isn’t safe by any means but the deaths related to it are much lower than those associated with the “legal” use of Alcohol.

Let’s just look at deaths, how many people died from Alcohol in 2000 in the US?

85,000 and that is just from consuming alcohol, it does not include those who died in motor vehicle incidents. Note that Marijuana is at 0 deaths and All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect only totals 17,000. Let’s see 17,000 divided by 85,000…that only totals 20% of the alcohol related deaths.

In 2005 39% (16,885) of all motor vehicle deaths involved Alcohol. As apposed to 18% which involved other drugs (but I might add a majority of those included Alcohol uses in conjunction with the other drugs).

So yeah like I said:

Outlawing alcohol would reduce a vast majority of it.

Sources:
    Drug War Facts: Annual Causes of Death in the United States
    Impaired Driving Facts - NCIPC

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

It'd depend on how often it happens. If my parent(s) got drunk once a year or something from a Christmas party or whatever, then I'd let it slide because it's nothing serious and doesn't happen regularly. If they got drunk every night without fail, like a serious addiction, or something to that effect, then I'd first try to talk them out of drinking so often, and gradually try to get them out of the addiction, but somehow I don't think that'd work so I'd arrange for them to go into a rehab centre.

2: What do you do if you meet a drunk person?
    If I was acquainted with them, I'd make sure they got home safely or call their family if I can't. If I wasn't acquainted with them, I'd either leave them alone or call the police for them (just incase they're a danger to themselves and others around them, depending on how seriously drunk they are).

While it's never happened to me before, having a drunk parent, I hear a lot of stories from friends or even on the evening news about incidents involving drunk people. In my humble opinion, drinking is a sin. Why would you purposefully intake toxins that'll slowly poison your liver? Plus, the stench of alcohol is enough to make me reel, let alone the taste.

My dad drinks but he's rarely drunk so I can't relate to your situation very well, but I'd advise that if it's that serious, and you can't take care of the situation, given your age (I peeked at your profile =]), then I'd suggest getting another adult involved (a relative or family friend perhaps). You shouldn't have to bare the weight of responsibility for your parents' actions at such a young age.

I can understand if your mother wants nothing to do with your father anymore, but if it's affecting you and any siblings you may have, then I don't see why she hasn't taken any action before it got this serious. Hasn't she thought of contacting a rehab centre or some sort of improvement program?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast