+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: economy

Newbie Anime Crazy08 is off to a good start Anime Crazy08's Avatar
    Thanks

Post economy

Do you think that Obama can get us out of the recession? explain.
    thum_6279148ad8fe99a1cf.jpg
    me, i think that with the right edvice, and enough time anyone can get us out of the recession. that state that wants to legalize marijuana says he can get his state out of the recession in a year or less(i think).

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: economy

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Crazy08 View Post
    that state that wants to legalize marijuana says he can get his state out of the recession in a year or less(i think).
    Meaning.... they plan to tax marijuana to increase their revenue? Sell it themselves?

No, he can't, especially in a year.

Market corrections take 2 years. When the government gets involved it takes at least 10. With his current policies it may be even longer.
    If you want more details just read this [Is Obama a Deciever?] several of the posts touch on the subject nicely.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Anime Crazy08 (Mar 30, 2009), Scourge (Mar 30, 2009)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The economic ression, while originating in the US, has turned global Anime Crazy08. President Obama or even the USA alone won't just solve that with a snap of their fingers. As Arianna mentioned, the economy usually takes a couple of years to truly recover. I've read estimates going from around "the end of 2010" to "halfway 2011".

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hassun For This Useful Post:

Anime Crazy08 (Mar 30, 2009), anime_being_god (Mar 31, 2009)

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Crazy08 View Post
    Do you think that Obama can get us out of the recession? explain.
    Attachment 638
    me, i think that with the right edvice, and enough time anyone can get us out of the recession. that state that wants to legalize marijuana says he can get his state out of the recession in a year or less(i think).
    It doesn't matter if the state legalizes marijuana, it is still a fed. crime to sell or purchase it and being in a state that legalized medi. marijuana (CA), people still get arrested for it by the feds. so how will that plan work?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Meaning.... they plan to tax marijuana to increase their revenue? Sell it themselves?

No, he can't, especially in a year.

Market corrections take 2 years. When the government gets involved it takes at least 10. With his current policies it may be even longer.
    If you want more details just read this [Is Obama a Deciever?] several of the posts touch on the subject nicely.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The economic ression, while originating in the US, has turned global Anime Crazy08. President Obama or even the USA alone won't just solve that with a snap of their fingers. As Arianna mentioned, the economy usually takes a couple of years to truly recover. I've read estimates going from around "the end of 2010" to "halfway 2011".
    Of coarse it has reached a global scale, when you have countries that are deeply invested with a country that is going thur a recession, of coarse they are going to feel the pinch. But since Obama gave a blank check to nancy and reid (democratic house and senate leaders) we the tax payers are not only going to feel the pinch from the reprocussion of that bail out bill, but our children and maybe their children will still be paying off that bill. and they still want more from the tax payers, not to mention that they are talking about printing more money, this is bad because this will weaken the value of a dollar even more and add more to the debt. I hope that we the American people can get out of the recession but looking at how the gov't is dealing with the problem, they are not giving us solutions but more problems, if this was Bush, people will be protesting and screaming for his head, but since it is Obama, we will just give him a pass because he is doing his best from staying out of the white house and going to town hall meeting because that is how a leader of change get things done (can anyone say AIG, you sir are just as guilty as the people that you chose to run you fin. part of your admin. mr.Obama). If Bush can change the plan for Iraq and get results, then so can Obama, we need a leader right now, not a spokesmen for the white house. I mean come on, the state tax in CA is going up 1% and I wonder where that is going (into the state's pocket) All I am saying is that people need to take responsiblities and if they don't guess what, we will be another country where the gov't makes the decisions for us and it won't just be the economy that we will be worried about.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franco For This Useful Post:

Anime Crazy08 (Mar 30, 2009), Scourge (Mar 30, 2009)

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think that Obama might be able to get us out of the recession but I doubt it. Even before Bush came to be president, the world was going to hell so I mean, come on. The world is all going in a recession but the problem is no one tried to get us out of this. I am 16 yrs. old and I've known about this problem since I was 7. I think that Obama is doing a good job as of right now but the future is untold.
    I just hate that he got rid of the Pale Grant. I was going to use that so I don't have to pay for college. Oh well, I have 21st Century Scholars, so I don't have to pay tuition here in Indiana/Louisville, Kentucky.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zoolivemonster For This Useful Post:

Anime Crazy08 (Mar 30, 2009)

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Poverty

POVERTY

“I'm in this race for the same reason that I fought for jobs for the jobless and hope for the hopeless on the streets of Chicago; for the same reason I fought for justice and equality as a civil rights lawyer; for the same reason that I fought for Illinois families for over a decade… That's why I'm running, Democrats -- to keep the American Dream alive for those who still hunger for opportunity, who still thirst for equality.”

— Barack Obama, Speech in Des Moines, IA
    November 10, 2007

He plans to:
    Expand Access to Jobs
    Make Work Pay for All Americans
    Strengthen Families
    Increase the Supply of Affordable Housing
    Tackle Concentrated Poverty

"To build an economy that can lead this future, we will begin to rebuild America. Yes, we’ll put people to work repairing crumbling roads, bridges, and schools by eliminating the backlog of well-planned, worthy and needed infrastructure projects. But we’ll also do more to retrofit America for a global economy. That means updating the way we get our electricity by starting to build a new smart grid that will save us money, protect our power sources from blackout or attack, and deliver clean, alternative forms of energy to every corner of our nation. It means expanding broadband lines across America, so that a small business in a rural town can connect and compete with their counterparts anywhere in the world. And it means investing in the science, research, and technology that will lead to new medical breakthroughs, new discoveries, and entire new industries."

"More than any program or policy, it is this spirit that will enable us to confront this challenge with the same spirit that has led previous generations to face down war, depression, and fear itself. And if we do – if we are able to summon that spirit again; if are able to look out for one another, and listen to one another, and do our part for our nation and for posterity, then I have no doubt that years from now, we will look back on 2009 as one of those years that marked another new and hopeful beginning for the United States of America. Thank you, God Bless You, and may God Bless America."
    - Barack Obama

11. The Following User Says Thank You to desxms For This Useful Post:

Anime Crazy08 (Mar 31, 2009)

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desxms View Post
    Poverty

POVERTY

“I'm in this race for the same reason that I fought for jobs for the jobless and hope for the hopeless on the streets of Chicago; for the same reason I fought for justice and equality as a civil rights lawyer; for the same reason that I fought for Illinois families for over a decade… That's why I'm running, Democrats -- to keep the American Dream alive for those who still hunger for opportunity, who still thirst for equality.”

— Barack Obama, Speech in Des Moines, IA
    November 10, 2007

He plans to:
    Expand Access to Jobs
    Make Work Pay for All Americans
    Strengthen Families
    Increase the Supply of Affordable Housing
    Tackle Concentrated Poverty

"To build an economy that can lead this future, we will begin to rebuild America. Yes, we’ll put people to work repairing crumbling roads, bridges, and schools by eliminating the backlog of well-planned, worthy and needed infrastructure projects. But we’ll also do more to retrofit America for a global economy. That means updating the way we get our electricity by starting to build a new smart grid that will save us money, protect our power sources from blackout or attack, and deliver clean, alternative forms of energy to every corner of our nation. It means expanding broadband lines across America, so that a small business in a rural town can connect and compete with their counterparts anywhere in the world. And it means investing in the science, research, and technology that will lead to new medical breakthroughs, new discoveries, and entire new industries."

"More than any program or policy, it is this spirit that will enable us to confront this challenge with the same spirit that has led previous generations to face down war, depression, and fear itself. And if we do – if we are able to summon that spirit again; if are able to look out for one another, and listen to one another, and do our part for our nation and for posterity, then I have no doubt that years from now, we will look back on 2009 as one of those years that marked another new and hopeful beginning for the United States of America. Thank you, God Bless You, and may God Bless America."
    - Barack Obama
    Those words mean nothing when you don't back them up, like I said before he has to lead to get things done, people forget that Bush pushed for grants and scholarships for education in math, science, tech, and alt.fuels too. but beside the point if he expects to get us out of a recession, then he should change the people he has in the fin. part of his admin. because they don't even know where our taxpayer money is going, instead of taking responsibility for not being able to control the money they want to ask for more, is that going to save our economy or are we the taxpayers going to have to take responsibility and keep giving the future generation a debt that even we can't payoff. All I saw were qoutes how do you feel about Obama, I just saw you highlight the points in his speech, do you think he will save the economy?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Apr 06, 2009)

Otaku Crab Ball Champion, TurtleSnake Champion, Dibblez Party Champion zoolivemonster is off to a good start
    Thanks

He might be able to get us out but he might be putting us into a complete depression. It's the honeymoon years. for the 1st few years, he might seem okay but then screw us over.
    My signature pic!
    I absolutely love it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zoolivemonster For This Useful Post:

Franco (Apr 03, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast