+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EEUU needs to focus on Education instead of war...

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

EEUU needs to focus on Education instead of war...

As a foreigner on the US I have found that the US citizens are more aware of the celebrities and other less important stuff than they are aware of history... and what is happening around them that affects them...I mean... I am not asking for them to fully know the world history... but at least to know the minimum stuff... like... hummmm let's say.... their own history.... or at least know their own states.... how in the world you ask a man to name a country and he says: California, New York....
    I don't think it is all "the americans" foult... but it is how they have run their education...
    The govt is more worried about the war and sending money to kill more ppl than to educate its own ppl... for me it doesn't make any sense... How come I know more US history than an US citizen??????

Here is a video that I found about it... US needs to focus more on education... not in war No offence americans... this is just a "heads up" US can do better... you all know that... US have gotten this far... don't let it fall down...

A very wise person once said: "Take out the education of a country and what you have left is a country in war"

What do you guys think? Please, give your opinion keeping respect ^_^

edit: the video is just an illustration... not a fact... but believe it or not... some of those answers I have found here at the college... in real life...
    Not everyone is like that... however I think education deserves more attention than war ^_^
    Last edited by lebasiara; Jan 22, 2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: fixed the link
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: EEUU needs to focus on Education instead of war...

Before further one thing: Do not base any view of Americans on this video. This video is from the Australian Comedy Show "Chasers War on Everything" It is meant to be funny. Chaser pay out on everything - even there own Aussies, it's the type of humour it is. The video is clearly edited to make the segment funny ^_^ It's not meant to be taken seriously

Also we shouldn't make the assumption that a majority of Americans don't know basic history, because I bet alot do. But I agree that the money spent on things like the Iraq war, could be spent bettering America as a country, considering all it's domestic issues. But being an outsider it's probably different to us - we only see whats in the media, I bet it would be different living there

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

As someone from the US, we all know damn well what's going on...

we know our schools are shit, we know our economy is bad, we know the politicians are corrupt... why don't we do anything about it? becuz no one cares enough to vote. it's sad but it's true. people here have a lot more important things to like complaining and shopping, then worry about things they cannot change. it's a horrible thing, i know, but we're not the only country that has this kind of problem... i guess we're just more popular becuz of it?

and, this is me thinking aloud here, America was never focused on history becuz our population consists of people moving AWAY from their history. land of opportunity, right?

^_^ that's just my thoughts...

Newbie Cain is off to a good start Cain's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes...
    Americans do seem to be losing attention to more important things than they need to. Even with the new drop out law, Americans seem to be dropping out more than ever and also, seem to be picking up on a lot of drugs. I've seen it. What happened I wonder? It worries me, but also it saddens me to see this once great nation go down to flames. What's worse is it's destroying itself. I think we can only wait and see what happens with these issues as the population grows, it dies a lot quicker.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Even though I was not born in America........and I somewhat agree with you...I would not base all of my thinking on one video.....
    I can find many videos on YouTube discussing this subject and they will have their own different views and opinion to that extent that I find it hard in what to believe and what to disregard....
    It may seem that the government is not paying much attention to the education and the economy of its own country...and to some extent that is true......but since everyone's eyes are focused on the war.all the other issues are left in the back round......
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ i don't think the US is going down in flames, our educational system was never REALLY our strong suit. we've never been the smartest country. however, that's never what we claimed to be. the bulk of our advances come from only a few people, our strength comes from when people work together, and our money comes from being friendly/pushy with other countries.

^_^ notice how smartness isn't a part of it? it's not something that important to us, besides. we still have some of the best universities in the world!

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

yes, even though I live in America myself, the government is deffinatly more concerned about war than education! For example, India seperates there smart kids and not so smart kids in diffrent classes! So the smart ones excell and the not so smart ones can learn at there own pace! But here in America, they think everyone is equal, so they put us all together, so that the smart kids can't excell as fast because "no child gets left behind" and all that crap. It happens at my school all the time! We have to wait and stop our learning so the other kids can catch up! I deffinatly agree that america's government is more concerned about the war than everything else...

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

+ Reply to Thread