+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eliminating curse words from rap?

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Eliminating curse words from rap?

a wise rock musician one said "i'm on a high way to hell" and thats what i'm seeing music heading towards.

taking swear words out of music, epically rap & hip-hop, i just see it taking away some of the meaning behind the songs. but if anything once they go commercial they do seem to loose it anyway.

so i guess i can see it alright, once they go commercial and stretch out to the wider audience (kids - young teenage) that they should use the appropriate language for them. its not violating the freedom of speech as such, since its the artist intension to bring in as many audience as they can, since they pretty much in it for the money. plus when there songs get aired on radio, they cut the words out and u get huge spaces in the songs so, from their prospective as well to increase sale and get the songs making sense it is the wise decision to remove them. (i've seen some successful artist do this, it seems to work for them)

but for the rest of them in this genre i'm pretty sure they are "on a highway to hell". (i love my old time rock)

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

/SIGH.....This is gonna end up similar to the "Curse Words" thread I can see it.
    If they try and take the curse words out of Rap, or any music for that matter it will take some of the meaning away I think. Curse words make you listen, they catch your attention, they give you that rebel feeling when you need it because they are deemed "BAD". oooohhhhhhooohhhhh......I don't get it. They are just words get over it already!! If you don't want grandma hearing it turn the radio down, same for your kids. There are still plenty of words out there besides curse words that can mean much more horrible crap. The word "Molestation" for instance. It's not a curse word but you wouldn't just run around saying it to everyone whould you? Hell no you wouldn't. People would think you were stoned or something, but it won't get you thrown in jail...Gah, I think it's stupid to get mad over words, especially when they are not even directed towards YOU.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    /SIGH.....This is gonna end up similar to the "Curse Words" thread I can see it.
    Acutally if you read the first post and saw the article i posted you can seethere is a big difference. Just some people dont even bother and try to answer by the title only. the article is trying to remove specific words from rap and thats the problem here now swearing. the problem is removing them!

Newbie Sepulchure is off to a good start Sepulchure's Avatar
    Thanks

Well....you have a freedom to free speach but,Curse words are still kinda bad...

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulchure View Post
    Well....you have a freedom to free speach but,Curse words are still kinda bad...
    and here we go again i wanted thsi tread to be about eliminating curse words from rap snd if people were against it like me but its still ending up as people saying stuff about eliminating curse words period. just saying though i've said thsi before today and its been ignored. w/e

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    Acutally if you read the first post and saw the article i posted you can seethere is a big difference. Just some people dont even bother and try to answer by the title only. the article is trying to remove specific words from rap and thats the problem here now swearing. the problem is removing them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3