Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Emo Factor: what do u think?

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

Unhappy The Emo Factor: what do u think?

im mostly considered emo, i listen to the music, i dress like it sometimes, and i can act like it. dont ask me what my personal problems are, because i really dont like to discuss it. i do get discriminated now, and ive gotten discriminated for a long time. ive just been through certain things, and i do have times when i feel like not being social, or happy-go-lucky all the time. i shouldnt be held against it. to me, if someone's had a hard life, and are different from everyone else, they shouldnt be teased, made fun of or discriminated against. people joke all the time about cutting, but it's really starting to be a problem in teens. suicide is a problem in colleges, and people just make fun of emos. why cant anyone get that making fun of them is only adding to theyre problems. anyway, where do u stand?

Newbie Ransaeo may be famous one day Ransaeo may be famous one day Ransaeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Emo Factor: what do u think?

In all actuality emo is just a music type that was created by punk bands in the eighties that were sick of singing about the government and wanted to sing about how they felt. The bands wanted melody so instead of being hardcore punk they went chill. Emo is just emotions. So pretty much everyone could be considered emo because we all have emotions. We all cry and we all scream. We all have depressing moments and we all have happy ones. So bands back then wanted to express their emotions through music and did it. And kids back then and today all like to connect to music. We like listening to stuff we can relate to. We like to have somebody understand how we're feeling.

Although I really think that some kids take it to far with the way they dress and the things they do, but whatever makes them happy I guess. I mean there are other ways to show that you are sad other then hurting yourself. And I do think that kids take teasing kids that consider themselves emo way too far. I feel that everyone has the right to express themselves in whichever way they feel the need to. If someone wants to wear cowboy boots and talk in a southern accent then do that. If someone wants to dress emo and be depressed then do that. Whatever makes a person happy...or in some cases feel that they are themselves. I personally feel that there are many things in this world to be happy about. So why be sad? I know some people have sad things that happen in there lives and depressing things happen, but there is always good to balance the sad.
    Tastes like sugar. Looks like sugar. But it's not sugar.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ransaeo View Post
    In all actuality emo is just a music type that was created by punk bands in the eighties that were sick of singing about the government and wanted to sing about how they felt. The bands wanted melody so instead of being hardcore punk they went chill. Emo is just emotions. So pretty much everyone could be considered emo because we all have emotions. We all cry and we all scream. We all have depressing moments and we all have happy ones. So bands back then wanted to express their emotions through music and did it. And kids back then and today all like to connect to music. We like listening to stuff we can relate to. We like to have somebody understand how we're feeling.

Although I really think that some kids take it to far with the way they dress and the things they do, but whatever makes them happy I guess. I mean there are other ways to show that you are sad other then hurting yourself. And I do think that kids take teasing kids that consider themselves emo way too far. I feel that everyone has the right to express themselves in whichever way they feel the need to. If someone wants to wear cowboy boots and talk in a southern accent then do that. If someone wants to dress emo and be depressed then do that. Whatever makes a person happy...or in some cases feel that they are themselves. I personally feel that there are many things in this world to be happy about. So why be sad? I know some people have sad things that happen in there lives and depressing things happen, but there is always good to balance the sad.
    i pretty much agree, however cutting isnt a way to show that ones sad, it's a release. anyway..im just used to the teasing, and i ignore the ignorance of idiots

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

That's exactly why we can't have nice things
    facepalm.jpg

Many kids take the emo fad way to freaking extreme. I understand their desire to express their pain, but come on lets be serious, everyone has problems in life. There is no soul in this miserable planet that doesn't have problem of some sort. That is what pisses off others, the constant whining of many emo kids on how screwed up their lives are which leads them to stupidly cut themselves to solve their emotional problems, just get a life for crying out loud. Life can be beautiful if you live it to the fullest despite all the difficulties that may be ahead in your path.

I honestly don't have anything against emo kids, as a matter of fact me likes emo chicks. I think they look hot with their black make-up and clothes.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    Many kids take the emo fad to the extremes. I understand their desire to express their pain, but come on lets be serious everyone has problems in life. Cutting yourself its not a way to solve them, just get a life. Life can be beautiful if you live it to the fullest despite all the difficulties that may be ahead of your path.
    one thing that a lot of people should realize is that the term 'get a life' is easier said than done. to build back up from social hardship, is to completely reconstruct one's mental state. and cutting is much more complicated than people realize. some cutters feel that theyve put others through so much pain, that the only way they can consciously handle it is for themselves to suffer pain. to cutters, it feels good, and many feel that it is a solution, not a problem for them. it is a secretive and confusing problem. i recommend the manga "Life" to help explain how even a normal(non-emo, mentally stable) person can have one experience and turn into a cutter..

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    one thing that a lot of people should realize is that the term 'get a life' is easier said than done. to build back up from social hardship, is to completely reconstruct one's mental state. and cutting is much more complicated than people realize. some cutters feel that theyve put others through so much pain, that the only way they can consciously handle it is for themselves to suffer pain. to cutters, it feels good, and many feel that it is a solution, not a problem for them. it is a secretive and confusing problem. i recommend the manga "Life" to help explain how even a normal(non-emo, mentally stable) person can have one experience and turn into a cutter..
    You have a point there. It is easy to say get a life than done, but then again its not impossible if you work hard and have some sort of emotional support.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    You have a point there. It is easy to say get a life than done, but then again its not impossible if you work hard and have some sort of emotional support.
    that is true, i think it would depend on how far the emotions problems are rooted. if someone's suicidal, and has no family, no friends, its almost impossible. it's easier if it's a minor social problem. i get your point.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

a cold fact of the world is that you're treated as nicely as you're dressed...

i've experienced this myself, but i had more of a "hobo" look going on (more like, "haven't done laundry yet and i have to go to school").

so, i would say you have two BASIC (like really basic) options: 1) you stop wearing those clothes/styles or 2) you continue to wear whatever, and not really give a sh!t about the dirty looks, the coments, or the pointing... so yeah...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast