Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Emo Factor: what do u think?

Otaku heartless is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: The Emo Factor: what do u think?

emo,well in school they say im emo,but im not,they consider me emo for my personality,they say im not talkative,im not friendly,and becoz of my hair,but seriously theyre wrong,thats not emo,emo i think is just another genre of music,and i often listen to it,i actually liked it.
    sometimes i wish i never existed
    -heartless.DY-025

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heartless View Post
    emo,well in school they say im emo,but im not,they consider me emo for my personality,they say im not talkative,im not friendly,and becoz of my hair,but seriously theyre wrong,thats not emo,emo i think is just another genre of music,and i often listen to it,i actually liked it.
    That happened to me too, some of the few friends i had thought i was emo because i would never talk that much or do all the things normal kids do. All my activities were reading books, learning new computer skills and listening to Metal. I never wore clothes that would suggest me was emo, so i always found it funny that they would judge me that way.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I never discrimated against anyone before, nor have i ever looked down upon someone else. But I will say BOTH suicide and cutting yourself is NEVER the anwser, the best thing to do is always look for help, seek a counselor or sumthing, harming yourself never sets you right. No matter how hard of a life you think you've lived there almost always someone else out there that has had it worst than you, so you should always at least try to be happy for the things that you do have and that are right.

Maybe that may help you.

But as for the discrimation on others, i disagree, no one should ever try to make some else feel bad. All that does is cause more problems in the world, but emo or not, the best thing to do is always try to be soical even when you dont feel like it, yes being alone sometimes is a good thing when you need it, but doing it all the time just isolated yourself from others and thats not good for you. Trust me I know a lot of what people may consider 'emo' and ive actually been through the cycle a little myself.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

According to wikipedia I fit into the emo description because I wear skater shoes, band shirts, slim fit jeans and a studded belt with a demon belt buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Emo is also often associated with a certain fashion. The term "emo" is sometimes stereotyped with tight jeans on males and females alike, long fringe (bangs) brushed to one side of the face or over one or both eyes, dyed black, straight hair, tight t-shirts (sometimes short sleeved) which often bear the names of rock bands (or other designer shirts), studded belts, belt buckles, canvas sneakers or skate shoes or other black shoes (often old and beaten up) and thick, black horn-rimmed glasses. Emo fashion has changed with time. Early trends included straight, unparted hair, tightly fitting sweaters, button-down shirts, and work jackets. This fashion has at times been characterized as a fad.
    Emo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought this look was normal. But no one should discriminate others for anything. If you don't like something then just ignore it.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itachigirl View Post
    im mostly considered emo, i listen to the music, i dress like it sometimes, and i can act like it. dont ask me what my personal problems are, because i really dont like to discuss it. i do get discriminated now, and ive gotten discriminated for a long time. ive just been through certain things, and i do have times when i feel like not being social, or happy-go-lucky all the time. i shouldnt be held against it. to me, if someone's had a hard life, and are different from everyone else, they shouldnt be teased, made fun of or discriminated against. people joke all the time about cutting, but it's really starting to be a problem in teens. suicide is a problem in colleges, and people just make fun of emos. why cant anyone get that making fun of them is only adding to theyre problems. anyway, where do u stand?
    EVERYBODY has problems, and most people are persecuted for it all the time. That never changes and never will. It's all about how you take that kind of treatment. That's what separates Emo from the rest of us.

Are you gonna do something about your problem, or are you going to let yourself continue to suffer? When made fun of, do you cry, or do you kick the guy's ass? Hell, would you just walk away and keep your pride? These are questions you have to ask yourself.

Me personally, I don't have much agains Emo kids, except they don't deal with their problems like the rest of us. They let their problems continue to make them suffer, rather than trying to dig themselves out of their own hole.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know any emos. And I don't have much to say about them. I'm not emo,but some personality quizzes say Iam. I get depressed sometimes,but I'm not crazy enough to cut myself. That goes to far. We all get depressed sometimes,but there's better things to do that cut yourself.

Otaku mere is off to a good start mere's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i find it quite sad actualy..i mean people that cut themself feel bad enough at it is without others makeing fun of them....i don't cut myself but i know people that do.. i have convinceed a few to stop beacause it won't help any..
    anyways the people who i find rather disterbing are the people that cut themselves just to fit in...that bothers me...alot....i know a few of them and their just i dono....
    anyways being emo doesn't change who u are and they don't deserve to be discriminated against..everyone feels remorse at one time or another...just because they chose to show it doesn't make them any different then us...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    I don't know any emos. And I don't have much to say about them. I'm not emo,but some personality quizzes say Iam. I get depressed sometimes,but I'm not crazy enough to cut myself. That goes to far. We all get depressed sometimes,but there's better things to do that cut yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mere View Post
    Well i find it quite sad actualy..i mean people that cut themself feel bad enough at it is without others makeing fun of them....i don't cut myself but i know people that do.. i have convinceed a few to stop beacause it won't help any..
    anyways the people who i find rather disterbing are the people that cut themselves just to fit in...that bothers me...alot....i know a few of them and their just i dono....
    anyways being emo doesn't change who u are and they don't deserve to be discriminated against..everyone feels remorse at one time or another...just because they chose to show it doesn't make them any different then us...
    I think we had a debate about the whole Emo kids and cutting. For the record--once again--not ALL Emo kids cut themselves. Yeah, I'm sure they all whine and they're the ones who made it (both whining and cutting) popular, but it's not all of them. I know cutters who are goth, I know a black kid who's a cutter, I know a MIXED kid who used to cut! Hell, I know people who cut themselves to get off!!

That's like saying all black people carry guns and can only talk about money, sex, drugs and cars, while eating fried chicken and watermelon in a baptist church and simultaneously running from the police on either drug charges; or robbery charges... (LMAO!!! )

Don't you think that if all Emo kids cut themselves, there'd be little to no Emo? I mean, if you cut yourself enough, you're bound to get good at it, right?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast