View Poll Results: Does emotions in men show weakness?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, real men don't cry!

7 11.48%
  • No, emotions are important and should be expressed.

38 62.30%
  • I don't care/It doesn't matter to me.

16 26.23%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotion, a bad thing?

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Emotion, a bad thing?

I have heard allot of stuff at school about how hard it is for girls. I would like to address a problem that many men encounter throughout their life. "A real man doesn't cry." I have heard that many times from not only other students but my father as well. It seems to me that society won't accept an emotional man and will label him as gay or soft. I think that emotions are important and the "bottling up" of emotions that men induce is part of the reason that they tend to live less long than women.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Emotion, a bad thing?

ok well it can be sometimes

me i always felt if i cryed anytime it was a sign of my weakness i had always gone to the bathroom and locked the door so they wouldnt know who it was

but now since school ect i cant just get up and leave ( sometimes that bad i walk out)
    but when a girl crys the boys think (well they ones at my school) its us just looking spmathy and ettion (with is not true well for me anways)
    and when im angered i hit things ect i brused my hole hand from hitting a bin cos i couldnt hit the guy who wouldnt leave me alone.
    its just hard to keep feelings inside i did that for soo long when i was younger it just got really bad once and i just started to cry ect there and then in the hall after i had ran out of class

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure that emotions are important too and You shouldn't hold them inside of You, crying is just the best way to let Your emotions free... Much better than getting drunk, fighting or just breaking stuff... Emotions should be expressed!
    And I agree that men might have some helath problems just because they're holding everything in them, not knowing how to get rid of strees, sadnes and so on.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Newbie Jace Armaggedon may be famous one day Jace Armaggedon may be famous one day Jace Armaggedon's Avatar
    Thanks

Emotions are important. But as a growing man, expressing them sometimes may be difficult. It is our role in society to lead and to protect. We cant let emotions get in the way of our goals. Its never okay to bottle up your emotions, but you also cant just go around crying your heart out everytime something bad happens to you. you just have suck it up and move on. It makes you tough, because life is tough.

When you get out into the real world its going to be hard and crying about something will get you absolutely nowhere. A man can cry, but crying does nothing to solve the problem or ease the pain.
    The power of the Mind, The power of the Heart, The power of the Soul, The power of the Body, The power of the Memory, The power to protect, The power to destroy, It lies within every being And within every being lies it

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that emotions play a critical part in our lives today. Sure there are some emotions that are not necessary welcomed or easily expressed but I think the most effective way to live life is to live it by following ones emotions.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jace Armaggedon View Post
    A man can cry, but crying does nothing to solve the problem or ease the pain.
    That's the traditional difference between men and women: men want solutions, and anything that does not resolve the issue is viewed as unneccessary. Women find comfort in simply expressing what they feel, regardless of whether or not the situation is "fixed". You're right; crying doesn't really solve anything, but it is a way to release whatever's bottled up inside, and that's healthy. Society may not allow "real" men to express deep emotions in public, but I see nothing wrong with a guy who needs to let it all out in front of close friends or by himself. Better than waiting until he explodes and completely loses it.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

if you hold in your emotions, they will eventually explode out and you'll have a nervous breakdown.

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    That's the traditional difference between men and women: men want solutions, and anything that does not resolve the issue is viewed as unneccessary. Women find comfort in simply expressing what they feel, regardless of whether or not the situation is "fixed". You're right; crying doesn't really solve anything, but it is a way to release whatever's bottled up inside, and that's healthy. Society may not allow "real" men to express deep emotions in public, but I see nothing wrong with a guy who needs to let it all out in front of close friends or by himself. Better than waiting until he explodes and completely loses it.

I agree with this completely. I used to hold my emotions in, and still have to at times because of my job but if you confide in a good friend or your family and let it out when you need to it will definitely release some stress and make you feel better. Learn to shrug off those people who aren't strong enough to be able to cry in front of others and for that fact ridicule you for it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast