View Poll Results: Does emotions in men show weakness?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, real men don't cry!

7 11.48%
  • No, emotions are important and should be expressed.

38 62.30%
  • I don't care/It doesn't matter to me.

16 26.23%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotion, a bad thing?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Emotion, a bad thing?

I don't think its a bad thing for guys to show Some emotion. we just need to be strong, and can't let it out as much as women.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    I have heard allot of stuff at school about how hard it is for girls. I would like to address a problem that many men encounter throughout their life. "A real man doesn't cry." I have heard that many times from not only other students but my father as well. It seems to me that society won't accept an emotional man and will label him as gay or soft. I think that emotions are important and the "bottling up" of emotions that men induce is part of the reason that they tend to live less long than women.
    The way our world is today, a man cannot be emotional. I am under the impression that neither men nor women ought to display what they feel through tears, but that could just be because I'm callous and cold-hearted. If you feel yourself losing it, go to your room (or, if you are elsewhere, the nearest lavatory). Nobody likes seeing other people cry; it's awkward and uncomfortable. Suck it up or do it in private.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

I will show emotion and i dont care who is watching. If hey have a issue with me showing my compassion for others then they can take it up with me Emotion is good for our metal and physical health. and if a guy wants to play the macho role he needs to grow up
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

whenever i see a man cry, i feel like my heart tears out... becuz... how strong is that sadness that they pass through what has been instilled in them...

but anyway, i don't think it's bad for a man to cry... but i don't expect full on bawling, only tears down the face, but that's in public view... private? bawl all you want!

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    I will show emotion and i dont care who is watching. If hey have a issue with me showing my compassion for others then they can take it up with me Emotion is good for our metal and physical health. and if a guy wants to play the macho role he needs to grow up
    There's nothing wrong with showing compassion, but it is completely unnecessary for a man to start sobbing because his girlfriend dumped him, or his boss yelled at him, or nothing seems to be going his way. If you're going to cry, do it for a good reason . . . like you've broken a bone . . . but do it with dignity. I think that's the problem: most crying is completely undignified. Learn to do it well, and you're all right.

(EX: This actor can do it exceptionally well. YouTube - Supernatural Crying Dean)

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

*sucks air in and holds it in to poof out chest*
    *deep manly voice*
    MEN?! CRY?! WHY BOY, YOU'RE NO BOY, YOU'RE A PUS-..........

JK JK...

anyways.

... emotions are good, but shouldn't be encouraged, especially for a man.
    A man can know how they feel and even express how they feel through a vast array of human expressions... but... it still isn't good to go too far for a man.

How society views it has skewed up the understandable reasons of why a man shouldn't "bottle up some emotions"...

... in most cultures, the man is the head. And for good reasons, too. Their hormones and chemical arrangements allow them to easily handle being a confident and good leader. Their physique also allows them to defend their spot easier.
    ... if a man shows too much weak emotions (crying, false anger, and etc... basically emotions that show confidence and hope and sense fading), people who look up to the leader would find themselves lost.
    ... a man usually has to be very strong emotionally so that others (both male and female) don't feel weak and exposed.

First off, does them being a man make them a good leader? No. It allows them to be a leader, but not a good one (just because you've got the guts -haha, literally- doesn't mean you're right for the job)...

Second, does a leader have to be a man? Of course not. Genetically speaking, we are more fit to lead (and that doesn't make them any better than the rest... a leader is nothing without followers... a male lion is nothing without its lionesses... a general is nothing without its soldiers) ... but as long as a group finds a being (man, woman, dog, wolf, kitty, bear, television, robot, pencil) fit to be their leader, then that is the true leader.

So can men cry? Go ahead if you want... but promise me one thing: Don't be irrational. Just because you opened up your bottle, doesn't mean you should spill its contents all over my carpet.

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

the world would be a better place if more men showed emotion, and shed the prideful believe that men are stronger willed then women, or w/e their reason for such stupid thinking...-_- i mean a man should be open about their feelings, it wouldn;t seem wrong if they did so (at least in my opinion)

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    There's nothing wrong with showing compassion, but it is completely unnecessary for a man to start sobbing because his girlfriend dumped him, or his boss yelled at him, or nothing seems to be going his way. If you're going to cry, do it for a good reason . . . like you've broken a bone . . . but do it with dignity. I think that's the problem: most crying is completely undignified. Learn to do it well, and you're all right.

(EX: This actor can do it exceptionally well. YouTube - Supernatural Crying Dean)
    Your exactly right Crying over baby reasons like a girlfreind or grades or boss yelled is something compelty unesccsaary. Even then a man should know how to compose himself. I do not all out cry i havent cried in a very long time but i will admit i cried when i went to college for the first semeester because it was hell
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast