View Poll Results: Does emotions in men show weakness?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, real men don't cry!

7 11.48%
  • No, emotions are important and should be expressed.

38 62.30%
  • I don't care/It doesn't matter to me.

16 26.23%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotion, a bad thing?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Emotion, a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Sorry but if a guy crys over every little thing, then yeah hed seem like a mary. Hey its better than the old days when they weren't suppose to cry at all.
    I'm not saying a man needs to cry for every little thing. But if he needs to let it out, then so be it. I just don't think boys should be raised being taught to be a "man" and that men don't cry. Because what happens? They grow up trying to be tough like a "man", and end up hurting others because they themselves are hurt inside, but to stubborn to see it or let it out.

It's okay for a guy to cry. That sensitive part in men does attract women, believe it or not.

Men, take note.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Im with White wolf on this one its alright for us guys to show our emotions id hate it if i was a macho guy who was too stubborn and to prideful to let out my emotions
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Dude you hit the nail right on the head. me and my girlfriend broke up last week and i got sad because i loved her [still do] and some idoit comes around the corner and starts calling me soft as a marshmellow so i goes over to him and eblow.so he starts getting mad and i say how's soft now fuffly. i hate people juduging you like that.then they get mad cause u mess back with them. it's so stupid.like they know anything about my realitonship.i have a name for people like that super slow. because there slow to think.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Good point theres nothing wrong with showing emotion and id gladly show "Emotion" to those who mess with me heh heh

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Ello that is what makes women soft, they are so easy to go on about there emotions.

If you plan to start crying in front of girls you will be consider a puss. Why? Because women are always looking for a strong guy to protect them, and cry in there arms alone.

Spare me, but if I saw a guy crying. I wouldn't want to date him. There's a difference with him crying in his own home, or in a closet, but really would you stop to think twice if he was crying in the hallways at school.

Most man know people like to find weakness in people to use it against them. As there "Role" to be the strong ones~ Weakness must not be seen.

Everyone knows if you hold it in you'll have a nervous break down, very common in both sex.

But it seems all so natural for females to have it, cause they make them public.

I believe its just safer for a guy not to cry in public. It sets off the wrong image. Even if one doesn't like it. A guy doesn't want to come off to soft~!

Who would protect the family if you marry a wuss?

Anywho

I got a few reasons why a man should cry.

1. Lost of love one

2. Lost of love one

&

3. Lost of love one

I think he should suck up the others, it make more since when he's crying, and he gets it all out at once, then every second if some silly thing doesn't go his way.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Emotions is a good thing because it allows you to express yourself in a 'spritual' sort of way.There is nothing wrong with men crying is there?If you don't cry i think you seem to be a person without any sort of feelings.Those who say that men crying..they are people who are unable to admit themselves to the fact that they suffer so they choose to mock others to hide their own pain.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

O_o Wow, Mr. K... though I agree with ya', those three rules of when a man should cry are rather strict... I feel like I'm tied up.

<.< I dunno, I think you can add in "wife decided to spend all your money from the savings account to spend on her 'little' gifts and when you turned 80 you wanted to use it for your retirement money, but now you're 99 and still working because of such a stupid stupid occurence"....

>.> Or at least "powerless to help someone".

Just to clarify with people...
    The "ILLUSION OF MAN BEING BETTER FIT TO BE A LEADER THAN A WOMAN" IS NOT in the head or in the pride. It's actual genetics. Compare our chemistry and how our chemicals react to give and restrict emotions in different manners. Us men aren't trying to dominate (well, some of us aren't), we're just doing what's best. We're not trying to put anyone down, we just work with what we're given. If a woman is a better leader than a certain man, then not all of us are stupid enough to not step aside for her.

Oh, and most of us aren't saying a man can't be more open.
    We're saying it's not a good choice to be. It's not being macho, it's being reliable and RESPONSIBLE. So what are we men supposed to say (I know this may offend some, but I'm saying it anyways) "Ohhh~ our mommy didn't love us~! A girl was crying in the locker room today because a guy broke up with her~! And though we're built to be able to handle such small things and look at the bigger picture to help people out of a REAL HELL HOLE, I'm just gonna' cry about it~~!!!"... -_-ll

I KNOW some of you aren't saying you're just gonna' sit there and cry all day, but I'm saying that compassion and crying yourself to a point of weakness ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.
    A man can feel sadness, but as long as there are selfish people out there in the world, the weak-hearted are nothing but big, flying kites with a target rainbow-light-bulbed onto the back and front of 'em!!

Wanna' go cry and have a timeout in life that everyone else gets to take?! THEN STEP DOWN AND LET SOMEONE BETTER TAKE OVER.

Thanks

Given no guy wants to be seen crying out in a school hallway or near a beutiful woman because according to common modern day life it shows weakness. Now the issue is Where can a man cry. in the privacy of his home. Gender or not its human nature. I dont cry often but when i do its about somethin serious. and well true a guy could be a big baby if there crying over something tivial as a break up but is that sill a justifiable reason to call them weak

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast