View Poll Results: Does emotions in men show weakness?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, real men don't cry!

7 11.48%
  • No, emotions are important and should be expressed.

38 62.30%
  • I don't care/It doesn't matter to me.

16 26.23%
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Emotion, a bad thing?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Emotion, a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    Given no guy wants to be seen crying out in a school hallway or near a beutiful woman because according to common modern day life it shows weakness. Now the issue is Where can a man cry. in the privacy of his home. Gender or not its human nature. I dont cry often but when i do its about somethin serious. and well true a guy could be a big baby if there crying over something tivial as a break up but is that sill a justifiable reason to call them weak
    A man can cry wherever the hell he wants! What is the issue with you guys?

If you want to cry.. just cry. Why must you feel you need to hide it?
    Weakness? Not at all. You guys are human too.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Something isn't a weakness because society says it is! Something IS a weakness because society uses it for their own selfishness!
    Again, we're not being macho man or politician-bast*rds about this at all!

Showing emotion can be used and abused by other people!
    And again, if you want to show emotion... that's completely fine, but don't expect to have any strong followers. If you don't want strong followers, that's fine too. But that's exactly what the selfish people want, another group to bully around as their cash and uses fall out of their shirts and pockets and shoes.

Human nature? I'm sure human nature is completely good. *sarcasm*
    Just as emotions are human nature, so is deceit and trickery... you don't think we got up to the top of the food chain because we were noble creatures that got animals to bow down before us to kill, right? No, we got up there because we tricked and used our smarts to create masterful weapons to make up for our lack of defensive or offensive built-in weapons.
    Back then, it was survival. Now? No, we're fine, we no longer need these things for survival from other animals.... now, due to the fact that there's so many of us, and so little jobs that are provided... we're trying to survive from each other.

Look, you wanna' cry?
    Do you want to know where?

Go cry in a restroom, in your house, in a closet, around a corner, anywhere you can't be seen!

Why? Because if you cried about something that someone said to you... no no no, it isn't because it hurt so bad, you're crying because you're immature and can't handle what people dish out these days.

Have a good reason to cry, but don't let others see you cry.

Want another reason WHY you shouldn't let other people see you cry?
    You shouldn't be bothering other people about your personal problems!

Crying is a disturbance to other people... it makes some people want to get out of the area because of how awkward it is. And it makes other people want to help.
    But what if you needed time alone? Well, it's kinda' dumb to cry in front of people if you needed time alone.

DON'T BE A BABY! HANDLE YOUR OWN PROBLEMS! YOU CAN WALK ON TWO FEET SO GO AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS WITHOUT INVOLVING OTHER PEOPLE IN IT!!!

-_- If there's one thing I hate, it's a damsel in distress...
    "Oh save me! I'm good for nothing in life, and all you'll get is a kiss and a nice time in bed with me! I'm not a hard worker and I'll constantly bicker against you because you're not doing things my way! OH SAVE ME!"

... if she hasn't tried her best to save herself, then she definitely is not worth saving.

We have our own lives, why should we spend it catering to people who don't want to even take care of themselves?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Want another reason WHY you shouldn't let other people see you cry?
    You shouldn't be bothering other people about your personal problems!
    Not all people can hold in their emotions. There are times when people (including MEN) just cannot hold it in any longer. I think when a guy cries in front of his girlfriend, its sweet because it tells his girl that he feels comfortable around her, and it makes the girlfriend feel comfortable and so she comforts him. I say if it's in the case of a lost loved one, cry all you need to. And do it wherever the hell it comes out. Just don't cry for every little thing.

In the case of boys.. when they cry, uncles, fathers, and men who are all around tell them not to. It is "acting like a girl", and they should "toughen up".

Their children! Let them cry if they need to. For men, I don't think it's so horrible for a man to cry. But it has to be something serious. As I said before.. crying for any little thing is just rediculous, and as SK stated before, it makes others uncomfortable. But if the case is serious, and the guy just can't hold it in any longer.. it's all right.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Well of course, in serious cases, it is understandable.

<_< But the upcoming generation of men who hear this will try to base this idea for themselves. In other words when they believe the idea that when their girlfriend that they didn't even love completely leaves them, they believe it's completely unbearable and they think it's just as important as a loved one dying. And in that reason, they'll cry all they want.

Younger generations of men are showing more of a sense of effeminity. Not that it's bad, but they use it for the wrong reasons and henceforth, the emo-group has risen in large ranks.

Most people have never experienced something that was so horribly heart-wrenching that there was no other choice BUT to cry... and because of that, they'll believe anything that hurts them just a little is a REALLY GOOD REASON to cry. That's what I'm against.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Emotion cannot be a bad thing is a formal expression that everyone has in there own personality and having an emotion is nothing to be ashamed of and if you did not have an emotion you would not feelnothing that means that you are not a someone other being who you are.

As other people have saidthat emotion is nothing to be worried about is that you need time on to find out who you are it also takes a lot of courage to deal with emotions that are really depressing with like being put down which reffers as lowering someones' self esteem other then supporting that person so indeed is notso bad to have an emotion.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I was read a book called "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" they also have a video game based on the book called "Dynasty Warriors." Anyway many times in the book the characters cry. I mean they cry a whole lot. If anyone from this time called them a baby for crying so much they wouldn't hesitate to chop your head off.

Men don't cry. They turn their sadness into anger. Me personally I don't think that's much better than just being sad.

Thanks

Hey hey hey, shodokan!
    Don't you dare ignore such games with the name of your book!

The Romance series have been around since the Nintendo! Romance of the six kingdoms, romance of the seven kingdoms, romance of the twelve kingdoms, romance of the four kingdoms, and etc, including romance of the three kingdoms have been part of the Romance Series games, which have been in existance way before the animes and the other games...

Just wanted to clarify. (Big fan of the game series... especially the last one that came out for the playstation one... the new ones are missing a lot of things)

Anyways!

Turn sadness into anger? Well that was a survival instinct for us men, we used it in order to exact revenge to keep our loved ones (or survival partners) safe.
    Ever since survival stopped becoming the game for some of us humans, we've become more domesticated. And as we know, as domestication takes place, the future generations become more and more tame (just like dogs or any other animals out there)... henceforth, future generations are finding no use of turning sadness or fear into anger... starting to defend crying.

It's fine if you turn sadness into anger, just don't hit blind rage. That gets very bothersome to yourself and everyone around you.

Newbie rukiasoulreaper is off to a good start rukiasoulreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

A guy who shows emotion isn't bad becuase everybody has the right to express his/her feelings. Gosh if men didn't show emotions it'll destroy the whole sentimental world (sounds strange but deal w/ it) just imagine all the hollywood films and how many of them have men showing emotions (crying, happiness, ect.)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast