View Poll Results: Does emotions in men show weakness?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, real men don't cry!

7 11.48%
  • No, emotions are important and should be expressed.

38 62.30%
  • I don't care/It doesn't matter to me.

16 26.23%
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Emotion, a bad thing?

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Emotion, a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    Right. I'm not saying everyone should repress emotion and wander around like a soulless shell. Just be careful not to burden people with your emotional baggage. If they're really worried, they'll ask. If they don't ask, don't tell them. Don't sigh until they are guilted into asking what the problem is. Nobody likes people like that!!!!!!
    I could agree with this because I enjoy making money, but I have to disagree with it because I believe the reasoning is slightly dangerous; along with the notion being insensible and a clear sign of social inadequacy.

Emotions are good and expressing them are even better. There is probably nothing better than being able to confide in your personal support system and share what you are thinking and feeling. If you have a problem with it or the people do not want to discuss the situations with you, the best option is to seek others who can fulfill those wants and (needs).

As I said before, emotions are good and expressing them are even better. Anyone who disagrees is obviously lacking in 'something' and or has their own emotional baggage, and probably should not even be considered a reliable source. If they can't even express themselves, what is the point in expressing yourself to them when they don't even care.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    I could agree with this because I enjoy making money, but I have to disagree with it because I believe the reasoning is slightly dangerous; along with the notion being insensible and a clear sign of social inadequacy.
    By no means am I implying that having emotions makes you socially inadequate. By no means am I implying that emotions are wrong or a source of shame. I was actually brought up being taught that you should identify and embrace your emotions. And I do that (in private). Just because I personally feel that people should learn to overcome their emotions and should have control over them in public does not mean I want everyone to be blank-faced macho-men.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    By no means am I implying that having emotions makes you socially inadequate. By no means am I implying that emotions are wrong or a source of shame. I was actually brought up being taught that you should identify and embrace your emotions. And I do that (in private). Just because I personally feel that people should learn to overcome their emotions and should have control over them in public does not mean I want everyone to be blank-faced macho-men.
    I will just take the first two sentences of your paragraph and use them as my own; since they were actually what I was stating in the first place, it seems like a convenience.

By no means am I implying that having emotions makes you socially inadequate. By no means am I implying that emotions are wrong or a source of shame.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

no...then you're not a being of conscience if a being has none.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

Try to post moer than a sentince guys. This is a really good discussion be you need to remember that people are just speeking their minds and you don't need to challenge every openion that isn't yours. Emotion isn't bad, It's just frowned upon and that is what makes this an intresting topic.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    Try to post moer than a sentince guys. This is a really good discussion be you need to remember that people are just speeking their minds and you don't need to challenge every openion that isn't yours. Emotion isn't bad, It's just frowned upon and that is what makes this an intresting topic.
    Well in any case doesnt tha tmake your reply One sentence disregarding your previous statement about posting one sentence. Anyways, its a shame that people view emotion as a weakness in men. we are humans like anyone else. so why is it that when we cry we are weak and useless. id hate to have a personality that was afraid to bear my emotion to others. its sad really when you think about how some guys wana play the tough guy role and they just end up bottling things inside of them.
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Otaku Waremono is off to a good start Waremono's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel that if I were to hide my true emotions then people would ask if I was feeling sick. I'm nothing but my true emotions every single day of the week, of course it has brought me many enemies but it has given me even more friends. I can't think that not showing how you really feel makes you strong, I believe that being true to who you are is the only way to find happiness!
    If your happy and you know it make a kitty!!! =^_^= <Meow!

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't think expressing your emotions is an issue anymore. to me, it doesn't matterif you cry or not, laugh, or bang your head on the table, as long as it makes you feel better, or comfortable, to the very least. yeah, and it goes out to all the sexes, too.

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast