+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: End of the World

Otaku aeonking is off to a good start
    Thanks

End of the World

Me and HolderOfTheDarkChalice have teamed up to say what we think about the end of the world theory.

Aeonking's Thoughts

It can't be right that a load of scientist gather round and make stupid perditions that never come true putting thoughts in peoples minds and making people worry.

Then about a year or two later they say it's just a false alarm and enjoy your life.

DarkChalice's Thoughts

i think there is always someone saying something
    about the world ending and from what i hav e read and know about there are more end of the world dates like nostradamus who said it woul;d end along time from now and some other go with that theory than the 2012 end of the world thing going around.

What do you guys here on AO think about the theory of the world ending in 2012?

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: End of the World

No.
    Since i have to explain, even though there is no reason, i will
    I too have heard the world will end 2012, cecsue of the Aztec's, but people thought the world was goign to end 6-6-06.
    Umm.....I am still here breathing.
    No one is ever sure when the world will end. Hell, we been here this long. Why should it up and end in about 5 years?
    Thats stupid. God created this world
    Not to bring in religion but he did.
    Scientsist can big bang they selves to an orgasm if they want.
    The world is here to stay.

Cant handle what i said, confront me

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

its true we are still here after all the suposed pradictions
    i shrug the 2012 theory off since once it gets here there
    are going to be a lot of pople going aww man this sucks
    where is the fires and chaose? it always ends that way after a
    prediction i dont see why people want the end of the world so bad ,
    why not be happy nothing has happend yet?
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

The world won't end for a long time, people have predicted this for thousands of years and it has never happened yet. Obviously you should stop worrying about the future and start worrying about the present... we have a long time on this planet so don't worry about it.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    No.
    Since i have to explain, even though there is no reason, i will
    I too have heard the world will end 2012, cecsue of the Aztec's, but people thought the world was goign to end 6-6-06.
    Umm.....I am still here breathing.
    No one is ever sure when the world will end. Hell, we been here this long. Why should it up and end in about 5 years?
    Thats stupid. God created this world
    Not to bring in religion but he did.
    Scientsist can big bang they selves to an orgasm if they want.
    The world is here to stay.

Cant handle what i said, confront me
    Um it was the Mayans. The Mayan calendar ends on December 12 2012 and is what most people have predicted when the world will end.

The most likely scenarios (yes there are more than one ways in which the world will end, all of which will happen when we're all dead)

The Andromeda and the Milky Way Galaxy(for those who don't know its the galaxy we live in.)
    A giant meteor will crash into Earth and wipe us out like the dinosaurs (depending on how big the meteor is. If it's a huge one we're all screwed if not..we're safe for now)
    Nuclear warfare can happen as long as the US doesn't piss Russia or China off any time soon. Knowing our track record it could happen.
    And of course the sun blowing up, we either freeze or go boom along with the sun. (But it won't happen for another million years give or take)

But the world won't end in 2012. I highly doubt it will. Though I have heard that all the preachers are proclaiming that is when the anti-christ will come and all that stuff. Which won't happen. I'll laugh when it doesn't happen. I'll also laugh when it does happen. Which it won't because we didn't die in 1836, 6/6/06 and 12/12/12 (O.o which divides equally into 6/6/6) won't happen because it's unlikely that we're all going to die but it will create a huge clusterfudge bigger than Y2K (which once again the world didn't cease to be) But like I said it'll be funny to watch. ^_^

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

It sure it was the mayans. I was confused about which one it was

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    I sure it was the mayans. I was confused about which one it was
    I understand. The Mayans, Aztecs and Incas were all located somewhere in South America. They were all pretty much conquered by um...the Spanish and all practiced human sacrifice. But as far as I'm concerned we have nothing to worry about. The world won't end in 3-4 years but in a million...hopefully.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Actually the "2012 thing" is supposed to mark a great enlightening. A period of change.A period of awakening. When everything as we know it will end and everything will change.

Yet many have taken it and ran with it saying that it will be the end of the world.

Many ancient calendars (example: Inca's) suddenly end at this year. And describe it as the time of great endings and beginnings, etc. Who knows what this means.

Theories have been bandied about...

Life from another world will visit the Earth in a way that can not be denied.

Something will happen that will change the world for good (finally!).

The next step in human evolution will start, changing everything.

Something will occur that will cause a great catastrophe, which will cause a great change.

The world will end as we know it, Bombs? Ice age? Plague? who knows.

What will happen in 2012... I have no idea, but I pray it changes things for the better. Will the world end? Yeah, it will someday. Everything ends, it's the natural way of all things. Man is guilty of destroying MANY things, perhaps 2012 will finally wake man to all that he is destroying. One can only pray it will be in time.

I have so many things to worry about already. I try not worrying about when it will end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast