+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: End of the World

Otaku Robo Soccer Champion, Gorillaz Groove Session Champion blackrose92 is off to a good start blackrose92's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: End of the World

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    Actually the "2012 thing" is supposed to mark a great enlightening. A period of change.A period of awakening. When everything as we know it will end and everything will change.

Yet many have taken it and ran with it saying that it will be the end of the world.

Many ancient calendars (example: Inca's) suddenly end at this year. And describe it as the time of great endings and beginnings, etc. Who knows what this means.

Theories have been bandied about...

Life from another world will visit the Earth in a way that can not be denied.

Something will happen that will change the world for good (finally!).

The next step in human evolution will start, changing everything.

Something will occur that will cause a great catastrophe, which will cause a great change.

The world will end as we know it, Bombs? Ice age? Plague? who knows.

What will happen in 2012... I have no idea, but I pray it changes things for the better. Will the world end? Yeah, it will someday. Everything ends, it's the natural way of all things. Man is guilty of destroying MANY things, perhaps 2012 will finally wake man to all that he is destroying. One can only pray it will be in time.

I have so many things to worry about already. I try not worrying about when it will end.

hmmm.. i tend not to worry about such things either^^
    if the world ends boo who for us
    if it doesnt...well live life to the fullest
    one can not waste time thinkin what is going to happen instead think about what you can do in this time we have left on earth
    I'm the best you'll ever have because i am that f*ing AMA-zing chic who can stand on her own d*n feet and becasue of you I am the Greatest Thank you so much SasuraiHell and Gwen

Newbie INUYASHA is off to a good start INUYASHA's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we shouldn't worry about the end of the world because life goes by so fast and we spend more time worrying about it we won't have time forr fun or anything else life is short for all that.
    Last edited by INUYASHA; Nov 04, 2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: messed up

Otaku aeonking is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose92 View Post

hmmm.. i tend not to worry about such things either^^
    if the world ends boo who for us
    if it doesnt...well live life to the fullest
    one can not waste time thinkin what is going to happen instead think about what you can do in this time we have left on earth
    Yeah your probally right.

I heard a prediction that it's a metor that will crash into earth and destroy us all.

It was on the news I think, and it was scientists that had this prediction.

I don't know though I just try to live life to the full, as thats all you can do really.

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if the 2012 (world ending thing) doesn't come true we still have to wait for 2019.
    apparently there is a planet killer, astroid heading towards earth.
    and it is ironic because if you remember the movie Armageddon with Bruce Willis,
    a meteor or astroid came for earth, right.

and after the movie was made, scientists discovered a meteor or astroid heading for us.

Irony: Incongruity between what might be expected, and what actually occurs.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont think anything will happen in 2012...thats too soon, i think the world will end after all the natural resources are gone and i also think that religious terms will play affect as well

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

World End in 2012? hmmm.... 4years for now... I'll probably already will have met Ray so I couldn't care less... You could't fight the end of the world, so what you need to do is just to enjoy your life at all times, then you won't be afraid of the end of the world and of death. Besides, if it's the end of the world... it's actually a nice day o die, because no one will stay to mourn for you.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Why should it up and end in about 5 years?
    Thats stupid. God created this world
    Not to bring in religion but he did.
    Scientsist can big bang they selves to an orgasm if they want.
    The world is here to stay.

Cant handle what i said, confront me
    I won't "confront" you, but I will slightly disagree with you.

I really didn't wanna touch religion myself, but I don't think it can be helped. I don't have any set faith, but I can tell you what I learned when I had said "faith" and what I've learned from reading and conversations I've held with others. K, here's what I think:

First of all, to answer your question, princesslady; God created this world and it is God who will end it. Aliens, higher beings, deities... Call it/them what you want--when the world ends, he/they are comin' to handle the job personally.

I believe that the world will end anywhere between 2010 and 2022. The reason I say so is because most "predictions" (the "valid" ones anyway) state the world will end anywhere between those years. (If I could provide a link, I gladly would; sorry.) The book of Revelation talks a lot about the end of the world and according to most theologists who are devoted to this field of "study" say that the rapture--followed by seven years of tribulation--will begin around 2012 or 2015. That leaves seven whole years of death, destruction, deceit and drama (The four D's, if you will.) before the world "ends" and is recreated by heaven decending to earth, for the 1000 years of.... Damn, I can't remember what it was called! But you get my point.

The Mayan calendar ends at around--correct me if I'm wrong--December 2015 or 2016. There are crystal skulls that have been discovered, I believe there are about ten or twelve of them total; and they are supposed to be some sort of "key". If gathered, man will unlock "supreme knowledge" of some sort. Which leads me to assume that by 2016 all will be gathered and some sort of apocalypse will take place. They've already found like four or six. (It's been a while since I've had these kind of discussions, sorry for the vaugeness...) So, I'm sure that it'll be some kind of beacon--if any of this is "true"--that will signal the end of the world.

I could go on and on about the two subjects, but I want to know the opinions of others on the whole topic. I like this kind of stuff!!! ^_^

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I never really agreed with the convictions of those who say the world will end so suddenly. Imagine how much would have to go wrong within a few years time, if you think about it scientifically. I can't give any evidence to my belief that the world is going to be around for a very long time, but then again I don't believe any evidence exists that can without a doubt say when the world will end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast