+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: End of the World

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: End of the World

Quote Originally Posted by Namida Goddess View Post
    I never really agreed with the convictions of those who say the world will end so suddenly. Imagine how much would have to go wrong within a few years time, if you think about it scientifically. I can't give any evidence to my belief that the world is going to be around for a very long time, but then again I don't believe any evidence exists that can without a doubt say when the world will end.
    "The absence of evidence does not prove the evidence of absence."

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think anything like this is possible for a few million years.
    Seriously, Predictions.
    Anyone could make a prediction.
    That doesn't mean it'll be right or wrong.
    I think that the world will end in millions upon billions of years.
    When the sun gets so big That it destroys the Milky way and Possibly andromida galaxies.
    That's my prediction.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie INUYASHA is off to a good start INUYASHA's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with you though more things other than the sun can destroy us and the earth. The end of the word is comming it could benow or it could later.meaning if the sun doesn't destroy the earth we will .......

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

well everything has an ending...and if the world ends in 2012. i would not be even surprised and i would probably say,"...what took you?"
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

In enviormental science class we are studing about global warming, and meteors, and that is what we though would end it if it would end, but thats different from the whole 2012 theory you all have.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Hello *knocks on screen* I told you guys 2012 is not "The end of the world". It's a time of great change. It's just the conspiracy zealots have run with it.

If I may guide you toward some books.

by Daniel Pinchbeck

According to the Mayan calendar, December 21, 2012 marks the end of the “Great Cycle” and the beginning of another with the prophesied return of Quetzalcoatl, the Mesoamerican deity of ancient myth represented by a fusion of a bird and a snake. In this mind-bending trip through cosmological phenomena, best-selling author Daniel Pinchbeck (Breaking Open the Head) shows us how the reappearance of this mysterious “Plumed Serpent” could signal a worldwide shift of consciousness from chaos to a more peaceful awareness.

A compelling narrative of anecdotes, scientific research, and observations, 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl proposes that the completion of the Great Cycle and return of Quetzalcoatl are archetypes, and their underlying meaning points toward the rapid creation, development, and dissemination of new institutions and social structures. “The spirituality of indigenous cultures is rooted in a deep and unsentimental connection to the Earth,” writes Pinchbeck, and by paying careful attention to the plants, geographical features, and local differences in our environment, perhaps “we can relearn a reverence for the physical world, integrating nature and spirit.”

THE MYSTERY OF 2012
    edited by Tami Simon

People in all walks of life are starting to wonder what will happen in the year 2012: Are we coming to the end of a cosmic cycle? Will there be an age of awakening and a new step in human evolution? Or is this the end of the world as we know it? To answer these questions and raise a few new ones, some of the field’s leading authorities look at the possibilities of this pivotal time.

Thought-provoking and insightful, The Mystery of 2012 features a collection of essays by some of One Spirit’s top authors including:
    • Gregg Braden’s scientific examination of how the shift in the earth’s magnetic field will affect us
    • Daniel Pinchbeck’s discussion on the recent rise in psychic phenomena as we approach 2012
    • Lawrence E. Joseph who looks at the spirituality, signs, and symbolism of “The Bible Code”
    • Janosh, the best-selling author of the Sacred Geometry Kit who says it’s the start of a new era
    • John Major Jenkins, Jean Houston, and prominent voices

Of the startling observations presented here, perhaps the most powerful of all is Pinchbeck’s call to action that “we are not helpless spectators in this drama, but powerful actors with an opportunity to directly influence the results.”

2013 ORACLE (Someone lent it to me. It came with cards & such, I just read the book.)
    by David Carson & Nina Sammons; art by Gigi Borri

According to the Mayan calendar, the year 2012 signals a global shift towards a calmer, more peaceful and caring world. To help us navigate this period of change, best-selling author David Carson shows us how to access the ancient spiritual wisdom of the Native American earthkeepers who were light years ahead of their time.

There were several others I read and passed on, as they were passed to me, but the few listed here might help.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

My opinions on the end of the world? Pfft, they're not very opinionated, and it's not like any of us are going to find out what will happen anytime soon... I also don't expect the world to end in our lifetimes, either, unless the Earth is accidentally atomic bombed to the noughts.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Newbie notsogoth1 may be famous one day notsogoth1 may be famous one day notsogoth1's Avatar
    Thanks

i think they got bored or writting out all the dates and just said that the world ends in 2012. It doesnt matter to me anymore, when its done its done. Also if the world were to end i'm sure we would at least try to stop it, as many organisms (like humans) natural instinct is self preservation and the preservation of the spieces
    Halo is elite

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast