Closed Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: English Only?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: English Only?

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    Personally I think thats not fair to anyone. What if the person is learning then that is definitly discriminating. I moved here when I was little and I could speak little to no English at all. That would have made life for me very difficult and I would have hated my life. But people were lenient until I learned. That should at least be part of the policy.
    If the person is learning she/he shouldn't have a job that requires to interact with english-speaking ppl... why? 'cos it would be unfair to the customer and of course unfair for the worker... I know how it is like to be here and know nothing english... I have just a year and few months here.... and believe me I know how it is to not understand a word...
    It is not discriminating the person... it is preparing the person to work. If u don't know english and ur going to work in a restaurant... you shouldn't be a waitress right the way... u should first learn the language and when ur ready... then work as a waitress...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: English Only?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    It's that bad? Don't they check your English proficiency before allowing you to set up a store?
    The problem isn't that the people who open up the restaurants don't speak English. You have to be pretty well off to buy the franchises in the first places they cost alot of money. The problem is that they hire these Mexicans that just crossed the border and don't understand that very much English. However not knowing English doesn't necessarily mean they just crossed the border because learning another language is very difficult for alot of people.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you guys know that national origin is protected from discrimination? I was shocked and appaulled.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Re: English Only?

why were you shocked and apaulled? Do you mean we should be discriminated 'cos of our nationality??? or 'cos we don't speak as well as you do???/ By the way english speaking person: apaulled is with just one "p"
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

look at it every one that moves here from another country learns english but the mexicans what is up with that. they come here for a better life but want the rest of use to learn spanish. NO they should learn english!

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Thanks

Post Re: English Only?

Quote Originally Posted by rock on View Post
    look at it every one that moves here from another country learns english but the mexicans what is up with that. they come here for a better life but want the rest of use to learn spanish. NO they should learn english!
    If u are refering to me: first I am not mexican
    second: the ppl that come here most of them have nowhere else to go for a job 'cos they have no money.... and 'cos of that, they don't have the money to take english lessons.
    third: It is true that planty of them come "to have a better life" without apporting anything, so then I say: ok send them back or better they come with something to offer.... starting for knowing the language.

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

1st i wasnt talking about you
    2nd the Gov pays for it if they are going threw the program. The ones witch is most of them jump across.
    3rd They are the ones making every one trying to become a citizen look bad. WE should get the problem under control and have them learn it or take them back to where they came from
    4th you know the ones that says" me speak no english" if they can learn that they can lear the rest of it.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Thanks

Post Re: English Only?

1st i wasnt talking about you
    2nd the Gov pays for it if they are going threw the program. The ones witch is most of them jump across.
    3rd They are the ones making every one trying to become a citizen look bad. WE should get the problem under control and have them learn it or take them back to where they came from
    I now see why u are angry about, and u're right:
    they are invading this country and they don't even care about the least which is learning the language. Adding to that:
    They are the ones making every one trying to become a citizen look bad. WE should get the problem under control and have them learn it or take them back to where they came from
    Ok i see ur point and it is valid.

4th you know the ones that says" me speak no english" if they can learn that they can lear the rest of it.
    Yes, I know that if they could learn that "much" they could learn the rest of it. What it takes is time and effort.... but they should put at least that.... after all they are the ones comming.... no one is calling them

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast