Closed Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: English Only?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: English Only?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Helllll NO! I think you just need a green card. Alot of times they hire illegal immigrants.
    Yes u'r right... even they know is dangerous to hire illegal ppl they do.... and the sad part is some of them don't even understand a "hello"........
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: English Only?

It's not exactly easy to get an American green card, though. The government recently raised the price - nearly doubled it, in fact - from approximately $500 to $900.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that the owner is being discriminating because he is showing favor to one language. I am a hispanic, born and raised here in America. I know many mexicans and other people who have lived her in the U.S. for many years and find it hard to learn the language. Considering most of the adults don't know very much english, we tend to think most mexicans/others don't want to learn it. It is harder for an adult to learn the english language then for children, therefor most of the children already know it but don't always help their parents out in learning it. I think as the nation with many different cultures and races we should try harder to coexist with one another. Not only should they learn english , but we also try to learn their language. Therefor we will all be truly a "United " nation.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

I really don't think that guy is showing an outrageously unexpected amount of discrimination. The ammount of illegal and non-english speaking immigrants are rising. I have been to a lot of towns where they are divided by races. A lot of these store owners in America have got to be angry about having lived there for years and suddenly see their towns turning into multicultured areas.

I am all good for the whole diverse ethnicity, but I can see why the guy would be so ticked off. Having a sign post Spanish instead of english, or having one side spanish and the other english. Having to never be troubled by selling merchandise one day, then suddenly having to speak an entire new language for the new majority of customers. I am sure it isn't too different in any other country. It makes life easier if for others if you can speak their language by not creating so much confusion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper View Post
    I think that the owner is being discriminating because he is showing favor to one language. I am a hispanic, born and raised here in America. I know many mexicans and other people who have lived her in the U.S. for many years and find it hard to learn the language. Considering most of the adults don't know very much english, we tend to think most mexicans/others don't want to learn it. It is harder for an adult to learn the english language then for children, therefor most of the children already know it but don't always help their parents out in learning it. I think as the nation with many different cultures and races we should try harder to coexist with one another. Not only should they learn english , but we also try to learn their language. Therefor we will all be truly a "United " nation.
    Wow man, that right there is a great idea and plenty of people are probably trying to do that. Truth is, that's a serious pain in the ass though. Took us about 200 years to get this democracy thing down and we are still having problems. Gonna be a lot harder to get better education for people since we don't have the cash, resources, or even have majority interest in the idea. We all are pretty lazy and learning an extra or few languages sure is annoying when you feel the place you are living is comfortable enough to stay in the rest of your life.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Wow man, that right there is a great idea and plenty of people are probably trying to do that. Truth is, that's a serious pain in the ass though. Took us about 200 years to get this democracy thing down and we are still having problems. Gonna be a lot harder to get better education for people since we don't have the cash, resources, or even have majority interest in the idea. We all are pretty lazy and learning an extra or few languages sure is annoying when you feel the place you are living is comfortable enough to stay in the rest of your life.
    Sure it will be a pain to learn all that extra information. But don't you think it will be worth it in the end? What divides a nation is the cultural differences and language. We do not want a divided nation do we? If we really want the U.S to keep being this powerful nation, then we must not allow it to be weakened by racial/language barriers.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper View Post
    Sure it will be a pain to learn all that extra information. But don't you think it will be worth it in the end? What divides a nation is the cultural differences and language. We do not want a divided nation do we? If we really want the U.S to keep being this powerful nation, then we must not allow it to be weakened by racial/language barriers.

Of course I think it would be worth it, but I doubt it will ever happen though. Not a lot of people feel the need for it. U.S is considered a melting pot specifically for our cultural differences and language. We happen to have great pride in that fact. You can't rule the world by not being able to communicate with one another, but it seems that isn't our goal. Our country seems to be doing alright without it so far and our communication skills are getting a lot better.

To compensate for our lack of brother hood in this country, it seems we shakes hands outside of it with others. Maybe giving it a shot in their homelands could be a good start and example for this one. Still things are going to change anyways, look around. It seems forcing apart the culture difference is kinda working slowly here, whether we like it or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Of course I think it would be worth it, but I doubt it will ever happen though. Not a lot of people feel the need for it. U.S is considered a melting pot specifically for our cultural differences and language. We happen to have great pride in that fact. You can't rule the world by not being able to communicate with one another, but it seems that isn't our goal. Our country seems to be doing alright without it so far and our communication skills are getting a lot better.

To compensate for our lack of brother hood in this country, it seems we shakes hands outside of it with others. Maybe giving it a shot in their homelands could be a good start and example for this one. Still things are going to change anyways, look around. It seems forcing apart the culture difference is kinda working slowly here, whether we like it or not.
    True. The thing I love most about here is the fact that we all are different. Even the geographical ways of the U.S . are varied. You can have snow up in the north , or tropical weather down south, plains and tundras... But you know, it all start with an idea , a dream... maybe someday it will be as I stated...
    Bloodymoonreaper

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast