Closed Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: English Only?

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: English Only?

It would be impossible to all of the sudden convert the whole world to english. They shouldn't be forced to learn the language just cause our country is well known and has influence over the world.

Leb: I wasn't really directing that towards you or other immigrants coming here as much as I was to us americans if we were to move and live in another country. I know how hard it is to learn another language, trust me. So I don't mind if it takes awhile for newcomers to get accustomed to american culture while at the same time keeping in tact with their native culture as well.
    Last edited by deodaclan18; Feb 28, 2007 at 08:46 PM.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

@leb-chan: o__O;; Erase your own language?? I never said anything about that! I just said if English should be a universal language. Do you know what that means? Not a language that just erases all the others. Heavens, no! I love japanese and hispanic speaking words way too much, lol! I just meant a language that all people should know. And even if they do 'learn' the English language, of course they don't have to know it. But it's an advantage to them if they do.

@Deo:You too? xD I didn't mean to "convert" all languages into english. I must be more specific on my phrasing of things, I suppose..

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: English Only?

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    @leb-chan: o__O;; Erase your own language?? I never said anything about that! I just said if English should be a universal language. Do you know what that means? Not a language that just erases all the others. Heavens, no! I love japanese and hispanic speaking words way too much, lol! I just meant a language that all people should know. And even if they do 'learn' the English language, of course they don't have to know it. But it's an advantage to them if they do.

@Deo:You too? xD I didn't mean to "convert" all languages into english. I must be more specific on my phrasing of things, I suppose..
    Sorry for the misunderstanding!!! But that's what I read b/wee lines... I have to read more carefully And I will next time, I promise
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Thanks

Ah, no it wasn't you! Deo-chan misunderstood me as well. I guess it was me and my way of wording what I think ^ ^;; ah well.. But that is what I meant. I didn't mean to erase all the other languages. That'd be impossible for one. And rediculous for another.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Still, I highly doubt we could make the language universal based on your theory. I know a lot of countries already are spreading the teaching it, but there are still a lot of areas in set countries that don't teach english. It depends on the area.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I have my moments of foolishness and ignorance as well, lol.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: English Only?

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Ah, no it wasn't you! Deo-chan misunderstood me as well. I guess it was me and my way of wording what I think ^ ^;; ah well.. But that is what I meant. I didn't mean to erase all the other languages. That'd be impossible for one. And rediculous for another.
    Yes, but as you say, to know this languaje brings a lot of advantages!! If not I wouldn't be able to have an AO account it will be sooooo saaaaad to not be able to argue and even to read about my favorite animes
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Thanks

@leb: yes. yes it would. Which is why knowing and speaking and sometimes understanding English is a very high advantage for you!

@deo: I suppose it wouldn't happen. But it's not impossible. Many countries are starting to teach English. Before you know it, Everyone will know, or atleast hear about the Englinsh language, no?

Thanks

Well, anything is possible and this seems to be within reasonable reach. So, yeah it could happen, if it hasn't begun already.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast