Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ethics of Lolicon and Shotacon.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

To anime_being_god.

I respect your views and all, but saying lolicon and shotacon makes people molest children is like saying watching bondage and S&M "hentai" makes people abduct other people, tie them up, and rape them. It's like saying that since Shawn Woolley played EverQuest then committed suicide, EverQuest should be banned for all eternity and all who play EverQuest have Schizoid Personality Disorder and depression. And though I agree adult material could aggravate someone's mental problems, not everyone who enjoys material like that are really as depraved as the murderers and rapists you talk about.

Like Tsurara and previous other people have said, lolicon and shotacon is a victimless pursuit. Victimless. The "children" featured in such works aren't real children; they're ink and paper. Calling those children real is like calling those bishoujo in tentacle rape hentai actual victims of rape by aliens/octopi/plants/et cetera.
    Last edited by abby724; Jan 12, 2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: "the" to "then".
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To anime_being_god.

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    I respect your views and all, but saying lolicon and shotacon makes people molest children is like saying watching bondage and S&M "hentai" makes people abduct other people, tie them up, and rape them. It's like saying that since Shawn Woolley played EverQuest the committed suicide, EverQuest should be banned for all eternity and all who play EverQuest have Schizoid Personality Disorder and depression. And though I agree adult material could aggravate someone's mental problems, not everyone who enjoys material like that are really as depraved as the murderers and rapists you talk about.

Like Tsurara and previous other people have said, lolicon and shotacon is a victimless pursuit. Victimless. The "children" featured in such works aren't real children; they're ink and paper. Calling those children real is like calling those bishoujo in tentacle rape hentai actual victims of rape by aliens/octopi/plants/et cetera.
    I agree with abby. People who commit sexual crimes in any way shape or form can not blame it on anything else then their own lack of mental peace. I also agree that all lolicon and shotacon accomplish are relieving a little bit of the desire that all people inevitably have inside.

Normally I don't take just one side of an argument (because a great man once said that it's a foolish person who tries to proove someone wrong but a wise one to find truth.) but there really is only one side to this one.

For a person to blame their actions on something else in their life is cowardly; they are just too chicken to own up to the possible and a perfect example of humanity trying to excuse itself from it's own hypocrisy.

The people who actually do commit sexual crimes such as rape and whatnot have been terribly irresponsible in thier own lives and look for a way out without wanting to accept their deserved consequences. (The same could be said for many of the issues sthat people deal with.)

... and join my rebellion against time.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Ethics of Lolicon and Shotacon.

But how are u going to explain the case that this actually did happen before, that a man really did re-act the movies that he watched and turned it into something much more than just a tv show, or a stupid lolicon thing?

Im not saying that this is a common thing, its just that i hate to know that little kids like that might be put in harm because of those kinds of shows. And yes those people cant blame it on the lolicon that they watch, but it could bring out the sick perverted part of them

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I'm all against this kind of stuff. I can't stand all these fetishes that seem to deny the limits of morality. Sure everyone has there fetishes me included, but they aren't anything like wanting to bust open some 12 year old chick and watch her bleed. Thats just disgusting. I say that people should stick with people around there own age.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billum256 For This Useful Post:

anime_being_god (Jan 14, 2008), Ochi Gate (Jan 16, 2008)

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not defending this topic because I particularly enjoy lolicon or shotacon... rather I'm saying that people need to start fessing up for their actions and taking responsibility for their choices in life...

It's not morally right for a person to say that one thing brought out an "evil" part in them (guy or girl), when the truth is that everyone has an "evil" part. In every culture since the begining of man people have sought to define this part. My favorite comes from the first nation's people in north america. In their teachings the two sides are described as wolves...
    One wolf represents all that is right within a person and the other represents all that is "evil" which do you feed? (I got this story from my great grampy although I laughed when I saw it in some movie that I can't remember now...) The answer to this is how do you define right and wrong (another question).
    If you see a boy pushing another boy you'll automatically assume it's wrong until you see that the boy who pushed saved the firsts life and was hit by a truck... then you might call it right.
    This lack of insight into all of the details is common in humans (because we are not omniscient). Therefore we cannot justly define right and wrong or good and evil without having a base of moral values which automatically makes that judgement subjective...
    I'm not excusing people from rape or any such thing but I am saying that those people who feel that they can enjoy lolicon or shotacon as a form of art (because their moral values permit it should be allowed to...) without farcibly immitating those actions onto a child who is not willing to such things has already gone a little loopy in the head and can't blame it on the things which they saw... for they were already contemplating such an action and merely enjoyed and accepted the idea suggested in what could else be regarded as a form of art.
    What this argument really boils down to is not trying to convince anyone to change the way that they personally view something but the expression of that view... To say that an action is wrong is pure ignorance...
    even killing which every one says is wrong didn't/ doesn't seem so bad when people attatch the face of a tyrant to the action.

Simply put, right and wrong are ideas which everyone has the freedom to express but noone (at least none alive in our world) can accurately judge those ideas or the actions which stem from them.
    Just one final quote that I was raised on (it's very spartan-esque)
    The only difference between good and bad are these:
    history remembers the victors as good; the losers as bad
    only those who get caught are remembered as bad.
    For noone leads a life without regrets.

... and join my rebellion against time.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    But how are u going to explain the case that this actually did happen before, that a man really did re-act the movies that he watched and turned it into something much more than just a tv show, or a stupid lolicon thing?

Im not saying that this is a common thing, its just that i hate to know that little kids like that might be put in harm because of those kinds of shows. And yes those people cant blame it on the lolicon that they watch, but it could bring out the sick perverted part of them
    Yes, I do agree that adult material like that could aggravate someone's own mental problems, but I doubt that watching lolicon actually caused the cracks in that man's mind; they were probably already there.

Sane people can clearly define what's reality, what's not, and what should happen in reality. It's like reading any other book, watching a movie, or playing a video game; most people know that it's fantasy, and that they shouldn't go out raiding tombs, getting initiated in the mafia, walking through walls at a train station, or anything else stupid like that.

Video games, movies, and books could also cause dangerous impulses in mentally frail people. Yet should we ban them?

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    Yeah I'm all against this kind of stuff. I can't stand all these fetishes that seem to deny the limits of morality. Sure everyone has there fetishes me included, but they aren't anything like wanting to bust open some 12 year old chick and watch her bleed. Thats just disgusting. I say that people should stick with people around there own age.
    Not everyone with a fantasy necessarily wants to act that fantasy out in real life. I like material that could be considered shotacon, but real pedophiles creep me out and scare me, and the idea of touching a child is repulsive and immoral to me. Should I say that everyone who watches hentai involving females being raped want to rape actual females themselves? That they take pleasure from the idea?
    Last edited by abby724; Jan 15, 2008 at 07:50 AM.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

well just as long as we all agree that lolicon and shotacon is bad, and should not be watched then im fine with ur statments

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    Yeah I'm all against this kind of stuff. I can't stand all these fetishes that seem to deny the limits of morality. Sure everyone has there fetishes me included, but they aren't anything like wanting to bust open some 12 year old chick and watch her bleed. Thats just disgusting.
    agreed. but i have to say that i think it kinda falls into the same category as video games- watching the stuff isnt going to turn most ppl into killers and rapist. i guess it just depends on the stability of the person in question. as for myself, i am not interested in the stuff, but i know personally someone who always goes out with younger girls, (ie jounior high, he's a senior) we give him a hard time all the time, but i doubt he would go kill a little girl and rape them.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast