+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Euthanasia

Euthanasia is a touchy subject that has hit the media recently and sparked many heated debates. It is when decides to take one's own life, or the life of another person, in order to alleviate suffering. An example of this garnered much attention from the media about a year ago in the United States. I'm referring to the Terry Schiavo case, in which a mother entered a coma and stayed in that state for about 10 years. Her husband finally decided to pull the plug on her life support- a decision that was met with much controversy.The government is still debating today about whether it should be legal or not.
    What do you think about Euthanasia? Is it right to relieve someone's pain by pulling their plug? Or is it an unforgivable stain upon humanity, equal in every sense to cold-blooded homicide? What do you think and why?

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Newbie Skyward Arches may be famous one day Skyward Arches may be famous one day Skyward Arches's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Euthanasia

Well, I hate to say it, but I think that under the right circumstances, euthanasia is a good thing. I know it makes me sound monstrous, but if I were in a coma for 10 years, I would want someone to pull the plug on me (at least, if there was no hope of recovery).

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward Arches
    Well, I hate to say it, but I think that under the right circumstances, euthanasia is a good thing. I know it makes me sound monstrous, but if I were in a coma for 10 years, I would want someone to pull the plug on me (at least, if there was no hope of recovery).
    sadly, i agree..........if i couldnt move my body at all and needed help doing everything and couldnt communicate at all i would want to die...

Otaku Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black may be famous one day Jet Black's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward Arches
    It doesn't make you sound monstrous at all. It makes you sound like you have an opinion and that you have the ability to share it. Don't feel bad about sharing your opinion.
    Anyway, I have to agree with Sky and Shu, I would just want it all to end if I were in that situation.

Thank you Sazuka for this awesome signature!

You're a louse, Roger Smith.

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

LMAO! I just had this debate with my Law Class on Tuesday! Sadly my team lost

Anyways...If the person wants to kill themselves then go ahead (Thats is if your not a Christian) If you are a Christian then you shouldnt kill yourself 'cause there isnt anything God cant help you with

...Impulsive...

Newbie MistressOfSolidor may be famous one day MistressOfSolidor may be famous one day MistressOfSolidor's Avatar
    Thanks

It should be legal. We shouldnt decide on how someone should live their life. Help them if they desire any medical attention, but if they have a horrible disease/illness ridding them of the ability to do anything with their lives, then they should be able to choose to die with dignity. I would hope somebody would help me to die if I ever became totally incapable of performing even simple tasks, leaving me feeling terribly useless and depressed - is it nice for someone to go through that? My mum would not want to go through something like that, and if she ever wanted to be euthanised, then I would support her. IMO, I think a lot of religious people sometimes use their beliefs too much when stating an arguement against euthanasia.
    Signature image too big.
    Signature image deleted by Hassun.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    What do you think about Euthanasia? Is it right to relieve someone's pain by pulling their plug? Or is it an unforgivable stain upon humanity, equal in every sense to cold-blooded homicide? What do you think and why?
    I think euthanasia is wrong, even when it is the victim's own decision to end their life. I'm not saying that the person who chooses to end their life doesn't have the right to do so, or the right make their own decisions. But there are alternatives to suicide and euthanasia such as intensive care and treatment for a time period based on the severity of the diagnosis (of course treatment can vary even in identical cases becuase of a person's ability to heal or progress). But, I respect a person's decision to end their life or the life of another for a caring/loving reason, or if the person ending their own life is feeling a great amount of pain and suffering they wish to end.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; May 13, 2006 at 01:07 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Otaku TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid may be famous one day TalentedDavid's Avatar
    Thanks

Agreed. The person should also make the best of the last days they have

...Impulsive...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast