+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 36

Thread: Euthanasia/Assisted Suicide

  1. #9
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Really, are there wills like that in the USA? That comes as a surprise to me.
    Living Will Registry

    Why does that surprise you?

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  2. #10
    Newbie Pteronophobia may be famous one day Pteronophobia may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Around Rich. VA.
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Euthanasia is murder even if it is what the person wants. This may seem like it is cruel and unusual treatment for people who are suffering but it still is murder. Ending your own life is murder (even if you are in pain), so why would killing someone else (even if you see it as mercy or as help) who is in pain or suffering be any better? It wouldn't.


    xD

  3. #11
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteronophobia View Post
    Euthanasia is murder even if it is what the person wants. This may seem like it is cruel and unusual treatment for people who are suffering but it still is murder. Ending your own life is murder (even if you are in pain), so why would killing someone else (even if you see it as mercy or as help) who is in pain or suffering be any better? It wouldn't.


    xD
    Yes it is cruel and unusual treatment to make them live. I guess your taking the religious stance? I dont consider it murder when your dieing anyway. So its good to let yourself suffer, but bad to relieve that suffering? Dont sound right to me.

  4. #12
    Newbie Pteronophobia may be famous one day Pteronophobia may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Around Rich. VA.
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yes it is cruel and unusual treatment to make them live. I guess your taking the religious stance? I dont consider it murder when your dieing anyway. So its good to let yourself suffer, but bad to relieve that suffering? Dont sound right to me.

    I guess you could say I am taking the religious standpoint. I can see how you think it would be cruel and unusual to make them live, as did I. It is not because ending their life is murder. We are all dying, so it is the same thing as killing someone that is not suffering.

    An example of mercy that is also wrong would be ending a comrade's life on a battlefield. Even if it is your best friend, they are bleeding to death, and you want to put them out of their misery, it would still be considered murder to kill them. Once again, it sounds cruel and unusual, but it is murder.

    It is definitivly bad to end suffering if it requires hurting yourself (your soul especially). Suicide is NEVER an appropriate action, but this is a bit off-topic.

  5. #13
    Newbie frednoid may be famous one day frednoid may be famous one day frednoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still fail to see what the problem with it is. If you have a comrade who is suffering and is going to die anyways, why not help him by snapping his neck? Also, are you for or against putting pets down? And you can't say that's completely different. They're still living, sentient beings. If you say that's not true because they can't talk, or have feelings, then you're wrong. Have you ever looked into a dogs eyes? They show pain, happiness, sadness, etc. So if euthanasia is okay for our pets, then why not for us?

  6. #14
    Newbie Pteronophobia may be famous one day Pteronophobia may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Around Rich. VA.
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frednoid View Post
    I still fail to see what the problem with it is. If you have a comrade who is suffering and is going to die anyways, why not help him by snapping his neck? Also, are you for or against putting pets down? And you can't say that's completely different. They're still living, sentient beings. If you say that's not true because they can't talk, or have feelings, then you're wrong. Have you ever looked into a dogs eyes? They show pain, happiness, sadness, etc. So if euthanasia is okay for our pets, then why not for us?
    The wrong part about ending a comrades life would be the fact that it still is murder. No matter how you can put it, ending someone's life because you think it is merciful is murderous.
    There is one giant difference btwn dogs (any animals for that matter) and humans. We, humans, have souls and dogs do not. Their entire lives revolve around instinct. I have a dog and I know how you feel when you look into its eyes and see how happy they are or how they came up with "sad puppy eyes".
    This may lead you to believe that animals have feelings, but in truth, they do not. They feel displeasure (like if you kicked them) or pleasure (a treat or pat on the head) and some are smart enough to know which one may be occuring soon. This seems to make you think that they have feelings as well.
    The main issue at hand is the fact that they do not have souls. They have no afterlife, no being reborn, no heaven, no hell, ect. When they die, they are gone, and that's that.
    My position on Euthanasia with pets is unstable because I still think it is wrong to kill a creation of God without just reasoning, but also I, like any other sane human, don't want to see the cute doggie suffer.
    I am sure however, that Euthanasia is mortally sinful for humans with humans. Animals, i am not sure. I will check with my sources and get back to you ^^
    xD

    Some people think they are thinking, but all they are doing is rearranging their prejudices.

  7. #15
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
    Who says dogs dont have souls? Can you prove that?

    It is definitivly bad to end suffering if it requires hurting yourself (your soul especially). Suicide is NEVER an appropriate action, but this is a bit off-topic.
    Thats just your religion talking. My soul would be fine if i ended a dieing family members suffering. Don't you think God would know with what intent you took that life? He would know you did it without evil intent. So i suppost soldiers that kill are murderers, and going to hell?

  8. #16
    Newbie Pteronophobia may be famous one day Pteronophobia may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Around Rich. VA.
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Who says dogs dont have souls? Can you prove that?


    Thats just your religion talking. My soul would be fine if i ended a dieing family members suffering. Don't you think God would know with what intent you took that life? He would know you did it without evil intent. So i suppost soldiers that kill are murderers, and going to hell?
    First of all, my religion is what I believe and I believe everyone should. Although I am obviously not "preaching to the choir". In order for an action to be deemed as good and just, the reason for doing it, the action itself, and the circumstances must all be good. Your reason for ending their life would be good (to end their suffering), the circumstances good (i see no special circumstances in your scenrio), however, the act itself is mortally evil (it IS murder, not matter who the person or amount of pain). If you were to murder a family member, obviously the action would be bad. So just because you feel like you are helping them by ending their pain, you are murdering them. Because of the fact that murder is an action that is intrimsically evil, the entire action of ending their life is evil.

    Now about soldiers. A good soldier is not evil in any matter. In a just war, killing is perfectly fine. You are defending what is yours and every human has a right to do this. It is self defense in a way (of your country and family). However, if a soldier decides to end a comrades life because they are dying slowing and begging him to end it now, he would become guilty of murder.

    Dogs do not have souls and this can be proven by a couple of reasons. First of all, dogs do not have the gift of will to decide what to do. Their entire mind's complex is built on instinct. I think I covered this pretty well in the last post. Also, dogs are amoung all the other animals. People eat dogs too in some countries and cultures. And this is fine, simply because it is known they DON'T have souls and can be justly consumed. It is not only my religion, but most of those through out the world who recogize humans as the only beings with souls. If you do not believe in God, then justiflying the fact that dogs don't have souls (or any other animal for that reason) would be quite difficult.
    xD

    Some people think they are thinking, but all they are doing is rearranging their prejudices.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. euthanasia... should be or should not.....
    By holy_kamotey in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Aug 29, 2006, 11:44 PM
  2. Euthanasia
    By Jet Black in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jun 01, 2006, 10:41 AM
  3. Euthanasia
    By kedar in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2006, 04:05 PM
  4. Euthanasia is it right?
    By teebow in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Oct 05, 2005, 10:22 AM
  5. Suicide Club (Suicide Circle)
    By mamimi_rue in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 10, 2005, 09:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts