+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia/Assisted Suicide

Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteronophobia View Post
    Euthanasia is murder even if it is what the person wants. This may seem like it is cruel and unusual treatment for people who are suffering but it still is murder. Ending your own life is murder (even if you are in pain), so why would killing someone else (even if you see it as mercy or as help) who is in pain or suffering be any better? It wouldn't.

xD
    I think this is a matter of opinion and personal beliefs. I have never been had severe pain or suffering but I wouldnt be so quick to condemn someone who has had that pain and has taken matters into their own hands.

Pteronophobia speak for yourself. What you preach is what your priests or bishops or whatever you are told you. You dont know anything about murder since I am assuming you have never done it or had it done to you. You have not died and gone to heaven and you dont know anyone who has. Maybe you should rethink what you KNOW is TRUE.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Oct 07, 2006 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks
    i say it isnt murder. i think you should let them have an easy fast death than a slow hard one

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie Pteronophobia may be famous one day Pteronophobia may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressMorgan View Post
    I think this is a matter of opinion and personal beliefs. I have never been had severe pain or suffering but I wouldnt be so quick to condemn someone who has had that pain and has taken matters into their own hands.

Pteronophobia speak for yourself. What you preach is what your priests or bishops or whatever you are told you. You dont know anything about murder since I am assuming you have never done it or had it done to you. You have not died and gone to heaven and you dont know anyone who has. Maybe you should rethink what you KNOW is TRUE.
    I'm not rethinking anything about what is true. This is MY viewpoint as well as the viewpoint of the Catholic Church and I don't need to murder anyone (i personally thought the fact that you included this was funny) or had a family member murdered by Euthanasia to know the solid, true facts. I wouldn't be saying all this without knowing all this for fact.
    xD

Some people think they are thinking, but all they are doing is rearranging their prejudices.

Otaku Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze's Avatar
    Thanks
    In my place (it's fact), ther's a woman who suffered stroke since couples years ago. Hospital treatments didnt bring any better result. One day when her condition get worsened, local hospital doctor decided an euthanasia for next several days. Even the woman's husband gave up for the doc's decision, only because he dosnt wat to see his wife suffer anymore. This controvercial issue broadcasted on local TV. One day, thers a voluntary citizen who'd seen the issue on TV, tried to give Chinese medication for the woman. As God's permit, it worked! The woman's health gradually improved, and now totally cured... The husband quite regretted when he gave up the decision and doing nothing... That's all the story.
    I think it's better to try more effort to medication, before doing euthanasia to person. Even if ther's no hope for tretment, you can just be on the the sick person's side. Pray is enough. And it's worth to try all possibilities, because once dead, you cant take back the person's life...

Lives link to one another, and the world continues...

Newbie Pteronophobia may be famous one day Pteronophobia may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarze View Post
    In my place (it's fact), ther's a woman who suffered stroke since couples years ago. Hospital treatments didnt bring any better result. One day when her condition get worsened, local hospital doctor decided an euthanasia for next several days. Even the woman's husband gave up for the doc's decision, only because he dosnt wat to see his wife suffer anymore. This controvercial issue broadcasted on local TV. One day, thers a voluntary citizen who'd seen the issue on TV, tried to give Chinese medication for the woman. As God's permit, it worked! The woman's health gradually improved, and now totally cured... The husband quite regretted when he gave up the decision and doing nothing... That's all the story.
    I think it's better to try more effort to medication, before doing euthanasia to person. Even if ther's no hope for tretment, you can just be on the the sick person's side. Pray is enough. And it's worth to try all possibilities, because once dead, you cant take back the person's life...
    I agree totally with you Schwarze. Medications can change or become avaliable like they did in this story. And once the person is gone, they can't come back.
    xD

Some people think they are thinking, but all they are doing is rearranging their prejudices.

Newbie overkill may be famous one day overkill may be famous one day overkill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frednoid View Post
    If they are in a coma for more than three months, and the doctors say that they'll never wake up, and even if they do, they'll be a vegetable for the rest of their lives, then the family should be allowed to decide on if they want them to live or die. Also, if the patient themself is going to die, and they know it, then they should be allowed to have a quick, painless, druge induced death, instead of living longer and dealing with excruciating pain for the rest of their lives. Go ahead, yell at me for my opinion. But, face the facts. If you were in this condition, would you want to be a drain on your family, or would you want to be euthanized? If it's okay for our pets, then it should be okay for us.
    I completely agree that euthanasia should be legal the only thing is people could use that as an aliby for murder sooner or later.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteronophobia View Post
    First of all, my religion is what I believe and I believe everyone should. Although I am obviously not "preaching to the choir". In order for an action to be deemed as good and just, the reason for doing it, the action itself, and the circumstances must all be good. Your reason for ending their life would be good (to end their suffering), the circumstances good (i see no special circumstances in your scenrio), however, the act itself is mortally evil (it IS murder, not matter who the person or amount of pain). If you were to murder a family member, obviously the action would be bad. So just because you feel like you are helping them by ending their pain, you are murdering them. Because of the fact that murder is an action that is intrimsically evil, the entire action of ending their life is evil.

Now about soldiers. A good soldier is not evil in any matter. In a just war, killing is perfectly fine. You are defending what is yours and every human has a right to do this. It is self defense in a way (of your country and family). However, if a soldier decides to end a comrades life because they are dying slowing and begging him to end it now, he would become guilty of murder.

Dogs do not have souls and this can be proven by a couple of reasons. First of all, dogs do not have the gift of will to decide what to do. Their entire mind's complex is built on instinct. I think I covered this pretty well in the last post. Also, dogs are amoung all the other animals. People eat dogs too in some countries and cultures. And this is fine, simply because it is known they DON'T have souls and can be justly consumed. It is not only my religion, but most of those through out the world who recogize humans as the only beings with souls. If you do not believe in God, then justiflying the fact that dogs don't have souls (or any other animal for that reason) would be quite difficult.
    Well I believe the act isn’t automatically evil. It’s also the intent behind the act that has a bearing on the determining if its evil. So thats why i dont see it as murder, just the act of helping them to the next life peacefully.

See if we went by your logic a soldier should be evil. The " reason for ending their life would be good (to protect your country), the circumstances good, however, the act itself is mortally evil". So i.e a soldier is evil.

I don't think its the gift of will that determins if you have a soul. Dogs and animals are all gods creatures, why wouldnt he give them a soul?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I don't think its the gift of will that determins if you have a soul. Dogs and animals are all gods creatures, why wouldnt he give them a soul?
    Agreed, what does will have to do with the existance of a soul? For that matter who says dogs don't have will? My dog certainly willfully disobeyed me frequently when I was growing up.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast