+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia/Assisted Suicide

Newbie Pteronophobia may be famous one day Pteronophobia may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Well I believe the act isn’t automatically evil. It’s also the intent behind the act that has a bearing on the determining if its evil. So thats why i dont see it as murder, just the act of helping them to the next life peacefully.

See if we went by your logic a soldier should be evil. The " reason for ending their life would be good (to protect your country), the circumstances good, however, the act itself is mortally evil". So i.e a soldier is evil.

I don't think its the gift of will that determins if you have a soul. Dogs and animals are all gods creatures, why wouldnt he give them a soul?
    It is not helping them because it is hurting yourself. By "helping" them, you are commiting a mortal sin. It might have ended suffering for them, but you are still liable for what you have done. It is still murder.

Will is only one of the ways we know who has souls. God gave us control over all of the animals of the world and gave us the right to eat them (Genesis 1 28-30). We are made in God's image (Genesis 26). Also, we are given dominion over all the creatures (Genesis 26 as well). No other creature is given these responsibilities or the fact that we are made in the image of God Himself, and no other creature has been. This is another reason why animals do not have souls, and we, humans, do.

Soldiers are not evil.They are killing, not murdering. I said the action of murder is evil itself, not killing. The reason is good (protecting country), circumstances good (none given), and the act itself, killing, is neutral until assigned.

However, when you combine killing with euthanasia, you get murder. Unjust killing.
    xD

Some people think they are thinking, but all they are doing is rearranging their prejudices.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteronophobia View Post
    Will is only one of the ways we know who has souls. God gave us control over all of the animals of the world and gave us the right to eat them (Genesis 1 28-30). We are made in God's image (Genesis 26). Also, we are given dominion over all the creatures (Genesis 26 as well). No other creature is given these responsibilities or the fact that we are made in the image of God Himself, and no other creature has been. This is another reason why animals do not have souls, and we, humans, do.
    Ok, now you have me curious. Define what a soul is to you. Please.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Pteronophobia may be famous one day Pteronophobia may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Ok, now you have me curious. Define what a soul is to you. Please.
    This website does a very good job of defining what a soul is.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Soul
    xD

Some people think they are thinking, but all they are doing is rearranging their prejudices.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteronophobia View Post
    This website does a very good job of defining what a soul is.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Soul
    Did you even read that before linking it?

The psychology of the Rabbins is founded on the Sacred Books, particularly the account of the creation of man in Genesis. Three terms are used for the soul: nephesh, nuah, and neshamah; the first was taken to refer to the animal and vegetative nature, the second to the ethical principle, the third to the purely spiritual intelligence.
    According to your link not only do animals have souls so do plants.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Soldiers are not evil.They are killing, not murdering. I said the action of murder is evil itself, not killing. The reason is good (protecting country), circumstances good (none given), and the act itself, killing, is neutral until assigned.

However, when you combine killing with euthanasia, you get murder. Unjust killing.
    Well I look at euthanasia in the same way as soldiers killing. They are killing, not murdering. "The reason is good" (easing suffering), "circumstances good (none given), and the act itself, killing, is neutral until assigned". I see it as just killing, so it remains neutral for me.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't think its right to kill a human even when suffering God has a time for all human beings you should just wait for that time.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Newbie frednoid may be famous one day frednoid may be famous one day frednoid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Alright, here's where things get interesting. The bible says that man was created in the image of God, but then we are told that God has no distinct form, hence causing the first statement to be wrong. Alright, here's another thing. Early man could be considered not to have souls, because they acted on purely instincts. Not until mankind's thought processes developed did they truly stop using instinct and start using logic. So, could you say apes have no souls? They, too, use utensils, along with other animals. Over time they have learned, not used instinct. Also, the thing with soldiers. "To take one's life is considered murder unless out of self defense." So, tell me this. All of these soldiers that we send overseas, are they not committing murder? They are invading someone ELSE's homeland. You said if we were protecting our own, it'd be okay. But, in this instance, we have soldiers all over the world. Wouldn't that be a sin since they're taking the lives of those who are protecting their homelands? And one final tidbit of information. Did you know that the catholic religion didn't exist until the government used it to control their people. So before you say your religion is best, or the right way, it's really not. Also, there was the holy wars. In this they killed others under the name of God. By your definition, this isn't a sin, Pteronophobia. So, before you start preaching about religion, take into mind that your religion is actually still fairly young compared to others. I've attended a Baptist, Lutheran and a Catholic church periodically throughout my life. I've also taken courses on religion at college. Heck, I was in a Catholic school for the longest time. The only thing they teach you is to follow blindly in the words of the Bible. Then christianity is the only religion where people go door to door telling everyone that their religion is the one true religion.

Arrianna was right about the link you told us to visit. I saw nothing to support your statement, Pteronophobia. I've had too much experience in debating these things with religious people over the years. Most times, they're so full of themselves that they basically say, "I'm right, and I refuse to listen to a word you have to say," because that's how they were raised to think.

You constantly say that there's always that chance that they could pull through and no longer be ill. But, that's a big "IF." Most people know when their time has come, and they would gladly accept it. Also, when I speak of Euthanasia, I mean it to only take place in a hospital. Think of it as a form of treatment for the patient. The doctors are there to take away the pain and treat you for everything. With euthanasia, it usually involves morphine in the IV, which causes them to numbly drift into a never ending slumber. Also, with your beliefs, as long as they ask The Lord for forgiveness, they should be forgiven since they were doing it in consideration of others, not out of malice.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks
    But remember God can be anything hence the no form... he made us in his real image ~ must be I don't care what he looks like hes just divine. But there is one thing to say and that is faith... otherwise we would always question. You should know this yourself? -_- God made life for people to think on their own and we always end up saying something bad about God. The rest of your writing was mumbo jumbo and the door to door thing is to spread the word like he said. People always try to pull stuff from the Bible like this to say that God is fake but he isn't...

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast