Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Euthanasia... (morality of...)

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Euthanasia... (morality of...)

should euthanasia be allowed for those who wish for suicide?

In a way its allowing them to exit their pain of living by way of death, right?

Also is euthanasia morally right?

I wonder, personally, i think if its severe it, then it should be allowed for

those who truly need it.

(oh, and i also mean the deeply depressed as well, be sure to specifyy if you are talking about the terminally ill, or the suicidal, thankyou!)

What do you all think?
    Last edited by Rook; Jun 05, 2007 at 09:15 PM.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Euthanasia... (morality of...)

I think if it's their choice, then yes, it should be allowed. If we are talking terminally ill patients, if they no longer want to suffer.

If it was me, or a loved one however, I would want them to fight it to the end. But I believe in a persons right, and i also believe in choice.

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

well, yeah, i think it's allowed for those who are terminally ill when the chance of survival is really thin, or when recovery is indeed uncertain. and it's not a choice for the person himself (who usually is in a coma), but the choice of his loved ones (immediate family).

but for the suicidal? i don't agree to that. well, i don't agree to suicide anyway. euthanasia is "mercy killing", for those who do not have any choice. suicide is a choice. a very bad choice.

just one note though, not just because something is legal, it means that that something is right.

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: Euthanasia... (morality of...)

Quote Originally Posted by sachiko ueto View Post
    well, yeah, i think it's allowed for those who are terminally ill when the chance of survival is really thin, or when recovery is indeed uncertain. and it's not a choice for the person himself (who usually is in a coma), but the choice of his loved ones (immediate family).

but for the suicidal? i don't agree to that. well, i don't agree to suicide anyway. euthanasia is "mercy killing", for those who do not have any choice. suicide is a choice. a very bad choice.

just one note though, not just because something is legal, it means that that something is right.
    (suicide) Exactly, a mercy killing for those who are cursed with life, people live all their lifes regretting theyre alive getting no joy from it whatsoever. Wouldnt it be a "mercy killing" then? To end their sufferin? Life can be hell you know?

Otaku sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto may be famous one day sachiko ueto's Avatar
    Thanks

okay, so put it this way. life can be hell for you, but it can be tolerable for me. it depends on how you (the person himself) look upon life. and i think it's illogical to judge your life according to only a certain portion of it.for instance, i may be able to say that my life now is great, but i wouldn't be sure about it for the rest of my life. also, if, at this point, i would say my life is hell, it would be stupid for me to conclude that it would be that way forever. that's why there's this thing called hope, isn't it? do you get what i mean? ^^ my brain hurts

They say you can't use oversized signatures here on AO.

Thanks

Unhappy Re: Euthanasia... (morality of...)

Quote Originally Posted by sachiko ueto View Post
    okay, so put it this way. life can be hell for you, but it can be tolerable for me. it depends on how you (the person himself) look upon life. and i think it's illogical to judge your life according to only a certain portion of it.for instance, i may be able to say that my life now is great, but i wouldn't be sure about it for the rest of my life. also, if, at this point, i would say my life is hell, it would be stupid for me to conclude that it would be that way forever. that's why there's this thing called hope, isn't it? do you get what i mean? ^^ my brain hurts
    Im not saying that the person wants to kill himself just cuz his girlfreind broke up with him or that his life has taken some wrong turns at that point, but i mean a trully clinically depressed person, someone who does not value life for as long as they can remember, who never smile, and are always in pain. And they dont care for hope, only death, because to go on in life is pointless for one who does not desire it. Someone who wont even get out of bed, shower, eat, or anything. Is euthanasia not welcome for these people, is not depression a disease that could cause one to become terminally ill?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

No euthanasia shouldn't be alowed for those who wish to commit suicide, if they do it just because they're done with this life and feel too depressed to live... blah... it's just silly to think your life is bad, think about all those people who live like animals and still can enjoy it... life is too wonderfult to give it away just because of some bad things... it always will get better- after all bad comes good and in all bad there is good.
    But I agree that it should be alowed for those who really need it- who have to endure terrible pain, then it's better to just let them go, it's evil to torment them like that... I'm sure god too will forgive them for that.
    Last edited by Lasura; Jun 06, 2007 at 02:26 AM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Im not saying that the person wants to kill himself just cuz his girlfreind broke up with him or that his life has taken some wrong turns at that point, but i mean a trully clinically depressed person, someone who does not value life for as long as they can remember, who never smile, and are always in pain. And they dont care for hope, only death, because to go on in life is pointless for one who does not desire it. Someone who wont even get out of bed, shower, eat, or anything. Is euthanasia not welcome for these people, is not depression a disease that could cause one to become terminally ill?
    no, I don't see depression as a terminal illness. Though I don't fully understand how depression works, It is possible for people to get better from depression. It's just stupid, for any one to think that euthanasia is alright for these people, when there are people in physical pain for the rest of their lives with actual terminal illneses. People with depression always had hope, they are just yet to see it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast