+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: euthanasia... should be or should not.....

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: euthanasia... should be or should not.....

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    Life isn't really all that, so we should live it boldly. I don't put life on a pedistall, so once I have had my fill, I'm outta here. I woul rather die than to become a vegetable, heck, I would sooner die than to lose my legs. Oh, and my sight too, thats very important to me. Euthanasia is great, and is very convienient for people like me who are ready to go, but don't always have a cliff or a tall building handy.
    Hardly a valid reason for it to be allowed as it sounds like suicide.

The only reason that i would be against it would be if doctors or loved ones abused it for their gain(Freeing up beds or inheritance) but it can monitered and controlled very well.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrail View Post
    Hardly a valid reason for it to be allowed as it sounds like suicide.

The only reason that i would be against it would be if doctors or loved ones abused it for their gain(Freeing up beds or inheritance) but it can monitered and controlled very well.
    The reason it sounds like suicide is because that is what it is. Euthanasia is assisted suicide. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was ready to commit suicide, rather, if I was in a situation where euthanasia was a possible solution, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to it. Life is not all that, we are born with nothing, but we become too attached. Clinging to life when it's time to go is just selfish.

Thanks

The reason it sounds like suicide is because that is what it is. Euthanasia is assisted suicide. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was ready to commit suicide, rather, if I was in a situation where euthanasia was a possible solution, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to it. Life is not all that, we are born with nothing, but we become too attached. Clinging to life when it's time to go is just selfish.
    No its not.There is a diffrence between assisted suicide and euthanisia.The main diffrence is that euthanisa is helping someone end their life for compassionate reasons (Example a terminal illness) when an assisted suicide is when someone is helped to kill themselves(Someone depressed gets a friend to pull the trigger for them)

Although i now have no respect for you what soever for you last statement.It obliviously shows that you have never been in a suitation in which someone you love is dying a slow painful death and you can do nothing about it.During suitations like that(Unless that state otherwise) every day is precious.There is nothing selfish about wanting to live

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrail View Post
    No its not.There is a diffrence between assisted suicide and euthanisia.The main diffrence is that euthanisa is helping someone end their life for compassionate reasons (Example a terminal illness) when an assisted suicide is when someone is helped to kill themselves(Someone depressed gets a friend to pull the trigger for them)

Although i now have no respect for you what soever for you last statement.It obliviously shows that you have never been in a suitation in which someone you love is dying a slow painful death and you can do nothing about it.During suitations like that(Unless that state otherwise) every day is precious.There is nothing selfish about wanting to live
    The amount of respect you have for me is irrelevent, so lets keep smart ass personal attacks like that out of an open forum. My grandmother was sick for a while before she died, but the fact of the matter is, people will die one day. If they are about to die then what does it matter whether its a day from now or three days from now? Apparently we have different views on this topic, but thats what makes this a great site. Plenty of people, plenty of opinions. It's great.

Thanks

The amount of respect you have for me is irrelevent, so lets keep smart ass personal attacks like that out of an open forum. My grandmother was sick for a while before she died, but the fact of the matter is, people will die one day. If they are about to die then what does it matter whether its a day from now or three days from now? Apparently we have different views on this topic, but thats what makes this a great site. Plenty of people, plenty of opinions. It's great.
    Anything i'd construe as a "Smart ass personal attack" against you would get me a warn here.Im mearly staing my opinion of you.I have an opinion,It's great.

Newbie Crimson_Inferno may be famous one day Crimson_Inferno may be famous one day Crimson_Inferno's Avatar
    Thanks

If someone is on the verge of death then it should be their decision if they want to end their suffering or live till the end

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Inferno View Post
    If someone is on the verge of death then it should be their decision if they want to end their suffering or live till the end
    Agree with you man, but then again there is this religious thing that gets in the way. In christianity euthanasia is a sin because god is the one tha gives life and takes life away. So, there will be always a debate on this issue.

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think euthanasia is wrong if it's for the right reasons. If you're running out of money becuase someone wants to live a few months longer via chemotherapy that's just them being a greedy coward, the best thing to do would be to save your family the cash and let them die in peace ready or not. But there are some intances where euthanasia isn't the best of the decisions and in some cases cruel and heartless. For instance there was an occurance a few years ago of a dog being hit by a car, a police officer decided he didn't think the dog would make it and shot it in the head, bagged it and sent it off to the mourge. Well two hours latter the dog was sitting up and it made a full recovery from it's injuries. That's one example of a wrongful (attempted) euthanisation, but maybe not a very good one lol.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Aug 29, 2006 at 11:07 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast