+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is everyone destined to have a soulmate??

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Is everyone destined to have a soulmate??

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I ~hate~ the notion of predestination... if our entire lives are mapped out for us before we're born then morality, responsiblity and free thought count for nothing. Luckily, predestination seems just as unlikely as it is unfair.

There is no such thing as a "soul mate"... anyone you meet is someone you could love: if only you chose to. And they could love you back... if they wanted to. Finding the "right" match is just a matter of choosing to love someone who wants to love you back.
    Why would you hate the idea of predestination? It is something that people hold dear to ... let's just say it makes them "happy", to know that there is someone they can love, with everything they have.

The religious character of predestination distinguishes it from other ideas about determinism and free will.

Sure, a lot of people wouldn't agree with the idea of believing that before the creation God determined the fate of the universe throughout all of time and space, but life works in mysterious ways.
    We don't know what's going to happen, and the people who believe that everything that happened and will happen is written in stone.
    Or you might say that: -
    In a predestined universe the future is immutable and only one set of events can possibly occur; in a non-predestined universe, the future is mutable.

Whatever it is, I know for a fact that there are many things in life which turn out both expectedly and unexpectedly. And if things don't turn out the way you expect them to, they might be even better.

We have our free will, so we can think whatever we want, however, there are some things in life which are bound to happen.

Sorry if I confused you.

There is no such thing as a "soul mate"... anyone you meet is someone you could love: if only you chose to. And they could love you back... if they wanted to. Finding the "right" match is just a matter of choosing to love someone who wants to love you back.
    Don't say that! ^_^
    As I said before, "True love is rare, or almost impossible to find. As humans, we have always been bound by our social status, our cast, religion, religious backgrounds, and ultimately, the society.
    That is why the quest for finding true love never ends. If we were to break through those barriers, finding true love would be far more harder."
    If you have experienced pain in love before or various other things, then you could possibly end up loosing hope OR you might try harder to find the one which is suitable for you to sepnd your life with.

Trust me, there is no perfect one for anybody in this world. Because everyone is faulty.
    -_-

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does someone need to be your predestined match in order to be romantic?

And who's to say that a person you're "destined" to be with is someone you will necesarily love or care about. What if you're destined to be with a child molestor, a sadist, or a total idiot?

Destiny is not always a kind mistress.

In the past, we married who our parents chose for us. We had no choice in the matter. What on earth would make you think that having to be with whoever fate, destiny, or even God chose for us is any better?

Life is interactive... we have fought for the longest time in order to be able to choose the way we live our lives, who we love, what careers we pursue, what religious paths we follow, etc. How is the notion of not having those choices more romantic than the idea of choosing a mate for yourself out of the sheer desire to care deeply for another human being, admiration for their personality, or even just a fascination with their backside?

Reguardless of whether or not predestination exists, it's impossible for us to be completely conscious of it. People choose to believe that whoever they care about at the time being is their "soul mate", then, when it falls apart, blame it on "fate" and go off searching for "the one"... someone who will always be their perfect match, their other half, someone who can fix everything and will never hurt them.

The problem is: that person doesn't exist.

The "soul mate" idea is a lovely one... but it's also a lazy one. And to be honest, the notion that someone is just going to come along, love you and make your life perfect forever is sort of boring compared to the prospect of going out creating solid relationships through patience, hard work and hard times knowing full well that you're are together because you want to be.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does someone need to be your predestined match in order to be romantic?
    Not what I said. xP Being romantic is upto you.

And who's to say that a person you're "destined" to be with is someone you will necesarily love or care about. What if you're destined to be with a child molestor, a sadist, or a total idiot?
    Nice question.
    Even if you are destined to be with the options you mentioned above, it doesn't mean you have to stay with them. IF you find your [pre]destined person, it's upto you whether or not to be with them. G
    I hope you get what I'm saying.

Destiny is not always a kind mistress.
    Agreed!

In the past, we married who our parents chose for us. We had no choice in the matter. What on earth would make you think that having to be with whoever fate, destiny, or even God chose for us is any better?
    Nice, I was going to mention that. Many families still follow the arranged marriage system, though. And I'm just telling what I have experienced... I'm only 16 years old and haven't seen much, but you have far more knowledge than moi.
    but the thing is, you never know unless it happens. Parents come before God, and what they have chosen for us to be with is always imperfect. So, what if we find someone God has "chosen" for us? We never know until we find out, or until we are concious of it. Everyone is a perfect example for an imperfect creation. So we just have to put up with it.

Life is interactive... we have fought for the longest time in order to be able to choose the way we live our lives, who we love, what careers we pursue, what religious paths we follow, etc. How is the notion of not having those choices more romantic than the idea of choosing a mate for yourself out of the sheer desire to care deeply for another human being, admiration for their personality, or even just a fascination with their backside?
    All I have known so far is that if you love someone, it's because they either have met your conditions, or you have a crush, or it's just attraction. And so on ...
    The idea of putting your soulmate before your life options being romantic is not my cup o tea ...
    Unless you're desperate you'd go ahead with it. Everyone has two sides - simply good and bad. When we accept the person with every flaw and their "good" side, we tend to love, admire, care and cherish them.
    If we don't manage to spend a lot of time [or your whole life] with your "perfect one" or your "soul mate", then you are to blame yourself and / your choice.
    We are unconcious of the feeling of true love. If we were not, then we could probably "feel" the "one person".

Reguardless of whether or not predestination exists, it's impossible for us to be completely conscious of it. People choose to believe that whoever they care about at the time being is their "soul mate", then, when it falls apart, blame it on "fate" and go off searching for "the one"... someone who will always be their perfect match, their other half, someone who can fix everything and will never hurt them.
    The problem is: that person doesn't exist.
    Ditto. Agreed.

The "soul mate" idea is a lovely one... but it's also a lazy one. And to be honest, the notion that someone is just going to come along, love you and make your life perfect forever is sort of boring compared to the prospect of going out creating solid relationships through patience, hard work and hard times knowing full well that you're are together because you want to be.
    Really, what else can I say.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I don't think so. Some people seem to be destined to be alone their whole lives. And some people are fine with that. But others seem to be destined to be with everyone once. I think I have a soulmate, whom I am with now. but not everyone is meant to have one.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Thanks

I'm sorry to bother again but I can't believe HOW I forgot this important point:

Because God is perfect. He knows best. His knowledge and sense of everything surpasses ours.
    So, the choices he makes are the better than what we make. Not the choices he makes are the "best" ...

He looks down on time and life, and aspires the best for us, no matter what condition we are in. [Faith, is all we need. Testing is what he is probably best at ]

Anyways, if we are concious to the feeling that we have found "that one person", then we need to work on the relationship.

It's not the notion of "soul mate" or the "perfect person" that is lazy, it's us. Every relationship requires our best and hardest efforts nonetheless, however, we choose to be lazy. That's all.

The rest is our state of mind or our actions.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Well to the questions you, pink_hana posted at the start, the only answer could be- no, not everyone is destined to have a soulmate. But does anyone want to believe it? I doubt it, it's nice to be sure that you'll find "the real one" one day, so I'll keep on believing that I'll meet my soulmate.

Maybe those persons who stay alone, have missed their soulmates, or maybe they are just beside them, but they don't notice it. Maybe someones soulmate is his/her sibling or mother or a good friend. Who said it has to be a partner to understand you and be the best for you, make you happy and so on?
    Some people just don't need their soulmates, they can deal with themselves and are happy alone.

Soulmates is just as an illuzional thing as love, so we can not be sure about it...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itachigirl View Post
    i believe that everyone has a soul mate, it just depends on if they find them or not. i honestly think that they dont normally find them until they are after about 35..
    haha that makes me smile and feel very depressed at the same time.

I ~hate~ the notion of predestination... if our entire lives are mapped out for us before we're born then morality, responsiblity and free thought count for nothing. Luckily, predestination seems just as unlikely as it is unfair.

I also do not like the 'destiny' or predetermined notion. I never live or like to live reflecting on past actions, regretting them or planning out my next move. Spur of the moment and jumping that hurdle when i get to it, is my way of feeling that i have some control.

So predetermined love makes me angry at the fact you probably wont have a choice. I agree you can find...'have' love if you have someone who chooses to return the love back. you've all had more than one boy/girlfriend who you've felt like 'the one' i have, its just a matter of keeping it working! ;P

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SasuraiHell View Post
    I also do not like the 'destiny' or predetermined notion. I never live or like to live reflecting on past actions, regretting them or planning out my next move. Spur of the moment and jumping that hurdle when i get to it, is my way of feeling that i have some control.

So predetermined love makes me angry at the fact you probably wont have a choice. I agree you can find...'have' love if you have someone who chooses to return the love back. you've all had more than one boy/girlfriend who you've felt like 'the one' i have, its just a matter of keeping it working! ;P
    well of course we have some kind control over our falling but for some, they can't help but fall in-love with the wrong kind of person. The kind that uses them and doesn't treat you like you should be treated. Its not because they are attracted to the bad side of them its because they believe they have good in there some where but they are waiting for it to appear.

So I dunno love is a very hard emotion to control I think. You can try and deny your feelings but not fully control them by switching them off and on when ever.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast