Closed Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution Versus Creation...

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Evolution Versus Creation...

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho
    Fat_Moe- There is neither any fact that evolution is true. No not one. Its scientific theory. Which as i mentioned. Is a religion in itself.

There is fact that evolution is true, it's happening around us

example: bacteria are getting harder to kill simple because they are finding ways to become immune to anti-biotics- thats adaptation to the changing evironment- therefore evolution ( all of you who had to sit through a high school lesson about Darwins theories will know lol )

I personally think there is more proof that evolution occured and is occuring.

For me believeing something out of a book (bible) saying that the Earth was created and all the animals etc etc. Leaves to many questions unanswered

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Another case of evolution is the reptilian part of our brains -the brain stem-. I'm not implying that we descended from lizards because I know a lot of people that find that to be utterly ridiculous, but how can God explain the fact that our brain stem is completely identical to the brain of a reptile? Surely it can't be coincidence. I find it funny how some Christians finalize the debate with something along the lines that God simply willed it so. I'm not talking about anyone in this forum of course. I have seen a debate about this topic and I will always remain neutral until I have undeniable proof in front of me. I will always be a skeptic and a cynic in topics as controversial as this.
    I love my girlfriend.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_
    There is fact that evolution is true, it's happening around us

example: bacteria are getting harder to kill simple because they are finding ways to become immune to anti-biotics- thats adaptation to the changing evironment- therefore evolution ( all of you who had to sit through a high school lesson about Darwins theories will know lol )

I personally think there is more proof that evolution occured and is occuring.

For me believeing something out of a book (bible) saying that the Earth was created and all the animals etc etc. Leaves to many questions unanswered
    So your saying that you believe that everything in our universe was created by something that resembles sphaggeti o's? So your saying that is more believable than any other possible explanations?

Just like roaches. You can't use the same roach killer for a long time because there body will begin to use a defense/immunity against it. Like if i take asprins all the time they lose the affect. Or when someone does drugs. But that isnt evolution. That's your body responding to antigens. Responding to antigens is when your body's immune defense system recognizes foriegn anitbodies and attacks them. So when you get chicken pox. You cant get them again. That is not evolution. This is your body doing its job. That's what its function is. It isnt changing.

I want to see humans to take a huge leap like everything suppsosedly did and be something totally different. If evolution caused everything to be as complex as they are now. Well than why has it stopped?

The thing is. How can they possibly prove the idea of something they say occured billions and billions of years ago? Were they there? How do they know it took that long? How did they know a primordial soup existed? How could they estimate time without histroy even going back as far as the beginning of the world? How could they estimate such time? Where is the fossils that show our evolution? Actual hard evidence. Not mixing our bones with chimps. So many things that evolution claims to be true and such an icredulous idea. How can people believe in evolution? When its just an unbelievable and even more so than believing in God.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Newbie dreamzz may be famous one day dreamzz may be famous one day
    Thanks

well, i think that evolution is supposed to be a slow process occuring over millions and millions of years. while no one took a camcorder and recorded the actual process of change, all the evidence of fossils and whatnot leads most people to believe that species have changed over the eons to adapt to the changing life on earth.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

If God created every single thing in six days, what about all the dinosaurs? Let me guess... He killed them all off in the Great Flood because they were sinners, disregarding the fact that carbon-dating says that dinosaurs are over 65-million years old.

I will stand by my belief that God was an invention of man and the Bible is a work of fiction. I will stand by Mirax's belief that sentient beings from beyond the stars came down to Earth and messed with the genetic makeup of every living thing on this planet ever since the formation of the Solar System. I will stand by the evolution theory and take notice how animals can adapt to their surroundings and evolve to survive.

Humans have evolved plenty of times. We mutate as well in a way. We mutate and evolve to adapt to our surroundings. Be it weather or simply gaining immunity to disease. We have evolved to a point where our appendix is no longer needed. We will soon evolve so that the other 90% of our brain that we can't use will be unlocked and result in people causing massive cases of head explodey.

I love my girlfriend.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho
    So your saying that you believe that everything in our universe was created by something that resembles sphaggeti o's? So your saying that is more believable than any other possible explanations?

Just like roaches. You can't use the same roach killer for a long time because there body will begin to use a defense/immunity against it. Like if i take asprins all the time they lose the affect. Or when someone does drugs. But that isnt evolution. That's your body responding to antigens. Responding to antigens is when your body's immune defense system recognizes foriegn anitbodies and attacks them. So when you get chicken pox. You cant get them again. That is not evolution. This is your body doing its job. That's what its function is. It isnt changing.

Where is the fossils that show our evolution?

Yes but are those traits being passed on to the next generation.. as was with the bacteria? cause if it is, it means that a whole species is changing, well is evolving

I wasn't talking about an individual body changing alone, I'm talking about species changing and then passing it on to the next generation - which is the creation of new species.

In the example of the bacteria ( which probably wasn't the best but the first one I though of). Bacteria can share DNA (i think it was the DNA) with other bacteria, as soon as one bacteria has the gene to block anti-biotics, it can "share" it with other bacteria also when it divides to create the next generation, they will also have that gene, then the next generation and the next, that is the species evolving, into a new species to adapt to the ever changing environment of Earth.

Where are the fossils - go to a museum, compare a human bones of today, to a fossils of those species of humans that were before us. Or look at the bones of a dinosaur or reptiles and compare them with those of modern birds. Did you know that birds are closely related to reptiles?

There is evidence out there that proves the evolution theory. I'm not saying that "everything in the universe" can be explained by this, there is still alot out there to be learned. There is evidence that evolution occured and in my opinion, with what I have learnt and seen, this is more believable than any other theory, such as creation

Newbie eldest may be famous one day eldest may be famous one day
    Thanks

i believe in the evolution theory, because scientifically it has more proof then the creation theory.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    If God created every single thing in six days, what about all the dinosaurs? Let me guess... He killed them all off in the Great Flood because they were sinners, disregarding the fact that carbon-dating says that dinosaurs are over 65-million years old.

I will stand by my belief that God was an invention of man and the Bible is a work of fiction. I will stand by Mirax's belief that sentient beings from beyond the stars came down to Earth and messed with the genetic makeup of every living thing on this planet ever since the formation of the Solar System. I will stand by the evolution theory and take notice how animals can adapt to their surroundings and evolve to survive.

Humans have evolved plenty of times. We mutate as well in a way. We mutate and evolve to adapt to our surroundings. Be it weather or simply gaining immunity to disease. We have evolved to a point where our appendix is no longer needed. We will soon evolve so that the other 90% of our brain that we can't use will be unlocked and result in people causing massive cases of head explodey.

I think that when dinosaurs were destroyed during the great flood it wasnt because they were sinners. They might have served there purpose. I think you are exaggereating the belief of God when you take certain parts of the belief and make fun of it. That is worse than debating the issue. Your insulting my faith.

We dont mutate. I only agree with part of Darwins theory because it is true. Which is natural selection. Your body or other species takes what they need and try to perfect there breed to have the strongest survive. Also i am not saying that i dont agree with science to a point. But my faith and how i believe my world was created is my choice and you shouldnt force people to believe in Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_
    Yes but are those traits being passed on to the next generation.. as was with the bacteria? cause if it is, it means that a whole species is changing, well is evolving

I wasn't talking about an individual body changing alone, I'm talking about species changing and then passing it on to the next generation - which is the creation of new species.

In the example of the bacteria ( which probably wasn't the best but the first one I though of). Bacteria can share DNA (i think it was the DNA) with other bacteria, as soon as one bacteria has the gene to block anti-biotics, it can "share" it with other bacteria also when it divides to create the next generation, they will also have that gene, then the next generation and the next, that is the species evolving, into a new species to adapt to the ever changing environment of Earth.

Where are the fossils - go to a museum, compare a human bones of today, to a fossils of those species of humans that were before us. Or look at the bones of a dinosaur or reptiles and compare them with those of modern birds. Did you know that birds are closely related to reptiles?

There is evidence out there that proves the evolution theory. I'm not saying that "everything in the universe" can be explained by this, there is still alot out there to be learned. There is evidence that evolution occured and in my opinion, with what I have learnt and seen, this is more believable than any other theory, such as creation
    Like i said. Natural selection. But not creating a whole new species. And in the museum. How do you know what they show you there is authentic? How do you know they just put together parts to make it sway that evolution is true? And did you know that at a site where they had found humans remains from back in the biblical days they found next to it dinosaur remains. But didnt want to let that information because then it disproves evolution because dinosaurs and humans weren't supposed to exist at the same time. I have an actual taped document of this event.

Creation you seem to think is too simple of an idea. So you want to take on an idea that totally doesnt make sense. Also by carbondating, what calculates the time. And how could they possibly come up with an estimate? Try to comprehend that. People who have been here for such a short time, believe they can make an estimate over a billion years ago. How can they prove that they can do that? Do you not get it?

I think evolution in many ways is an excuse for people to live as they want and have no fear of consequences. The only way this debate could be truly answered. Is through death. If you die and you are nowhere and nothing. Hey maybe you were right. But if you die and go to Hell. Maybe you'd change your answer. Maybe not even then. Maybe you could live. Maybe if the bible is accurate and the events in the bible take place with the antichrist. Maybe then your beliefs will change. But i am not trying to force my thinking unto you. I am defending what i believe in.
    Last edited by Nympho; Jul 05, 2006 at 04:12 PM.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast