+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Extraterrestrials

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Extraterrestrials

Extraterrestrials: Could they exist or not?

Given how advanced human technology has become in recent years, even over the past hundred years, could it be possible that Aliens exist somewhere in the universe. If so, how can we be certain that alien are not among human society and blended in perfectly.

I’m not much of a biblical fanatic, though the subject of religion as a whole does interest me. Coming from that point of view, does Religion support Alien’s or abolish them as well without a hint that they exist or don’t? I’m curious to know everyone’s point of view about aliens existing or not and PARTICULARLY how/why the media tries to hide alien assumed alien sightings like the Roswell incident.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Extraterrestrials

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    Extraterrestrials: Could they exist or not?

Given how advanced human technology has become in recent years, even over the past hundred years, could it be possible that Aliens exist somewhere in the universe. If so, how can we be certain that alien are not among human society and blended in perfectly.

I’m not much of a biblical fanatic, though the subject of religion as a whole does interest me. Coming from that point of view, does Religion support Alien’s or abolish them as well without a hint that they exist or don’t? I’m curious to know everyone’s point of view about aliens existing or not and PARTICULARLY how/why the media tries to hide alien assumed alien sightings like the Roswell incident.
    The Catholic Church at least does not discount the belief that there may be aliens. In fact, Catholics with good Philosophy say that it is quite capable. Our universe in not the only one out there and we haven't even finished exploring it. It is quite probable, actually, that there are other sentient beings in existence.

From a theological standpoint, God's freaking amazing. God could do whatever He wanted. If we are the ONLY sentient beings in existence, woohoo, we're special. If not, woohoo, God rocks.

Newbie Rabbits are Roadkill is off to a good start Rabbits are Roadkill's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, I don't recall anything in any religion that I've studied that denies life on other planets. I'm not saying that it's true, but there aren't any facts that state that there is no extraterrestrial life.
    Right now, I'm kinda neutral to this topic, but if there is any factual evidence that they do exist, then I may become a believer.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ actually, i think it was C. S. Lewis (yes, the guy who wrote The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe)who actually talked about this from a "religious" point of view...

if the aliens already have their own Christ-type person who they belive in, then they should be okay. but if not, then share the word of God with them! who is for the whole universe!

as for the possibility of there being aliens, i full blown agree that there are! God made us, God made them. no big thing! however, i don't think i believe what humans interprate them to be... little green men? maybe, but i'm not limited to that thinking. Nor do i belive every crazy guy that has a story to tell. but, you have to admit that some sightings and some things (crazy) people say are pretty convincing...

but, i don't know if you want to listen to me... i think most of the mythical creatures did exists at one point in time in one form or another... among other things... i believe in ghosts and vampires and other stuff, so whether or not you want to talk to me about it is your own damn choice! haha~!

Newbie Rabbits are Roadkill is off to a good start Rabbits are Roadkill's Avatar
    Thanks

Vampires do exist, but they're not immortal. They're just weird...

But, if there are, in fact, extraterrestrial beings, then God HAD to have made them. for the simple fact that one cannot create itself.

>.>

I know where this is about to go.... *sigh*

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, from a purely scientific/evolutionary point of view aliens could exist and could look like anything but the chances of it happening are so minuscule the likelihood of us ever meeting them don't bear thinking about.

I’m not much of a biblical fanatic, though the subject of religion as a whole does interest me. Coming from that point of view, does Religion support Alien’s or abolish them as well without a hint that they exist or don’t?
    Christianity completely supports the idea of Aliens from other planets. After all God created worlds, plural, and there is no reason he couldn't have put men there as well. They would simply also be in Gods image and look just like us.
    I’m curious to know everyone’s point of view about aliens existing or not and PARTICULARLY how/why the media tries to hide alien assumed alien sightings like the Roswell incident.
    My guess is because most if not all of them are actually secret military maneuvers either on the part of our or another government. Top secret stuff that you won't know about for decades. I saw something about 15 years ago and now I am finding press releases about "new" military technology that looks remarkably similar.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, from a purely scientific/evolutionary point of view aliens could exist and could look like anything but the chances of it happening are so minuscule the likelihood of us ever meeting them don't bear thinking about.
    Actually, from a scientific point of view, the scientific community are 99.9% positive that another form of life can exist outisde our solar system.

There are trillions upon trillions of stars. Trillions of galaxys with trillions of stars. Several planets revolving around each star.

The chances of there not being any life besides us in our universe that is infinitely big, are impossible.

Our universe in not the only one out there and we haven't even finished exploring it.
    Are you sure you're not getting the word universe confused with galaxy, or solar system?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Like mellow maromi said "There are trillions upon trillions of stars. Trillions of galaxy's with trillions of stars. Several planets revolving around each star". So i would say that the likelihood is huge. Its just ignorant and foolish to think we are the only intelligent life. The trouble is all the life is not intelligent. Most of the life on another planet is just algae or simple life. The intelligent ones are very few and far in between. So with how huge, how long it takes to traverse the galaxy, and limited intelligent life, the likelihood of meeting aliens is not that likely. Though this is just with our notion of technology. They might have developed artificial worm holes or some other form of technology to get across the universe fast.

Christianity completely supports the idea of Aliens from other planets. After all God created worlds, plural, and there is no reason he couldn't have put men there as well. They would simply also be in Gods image and look just like us.
    That might be true in some cases, but not all. The environment in some planets might be radically different causing them to look totally different than us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast