+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Extraterrestrials

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Extraterrestrials

True miroku.

The chance of their being life on other planets, even intelligent life, is very high.

Though, the chances of us ever finding them, or meeting them, are very low.

It would take us thousands of years just to get to the closest star besides our sun. If life isnt around that star, it would take even longer to get to the planet that has it.

So we might as well be the only ones.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Like mellow maromi said "There are trillions upon trillions of stars. Trillions of galaxy's with trillions of stars. Several planets revolving around each star". So i would say that the likelihood is huge. Its just ignorant and foolish to think we are the only intelligent life.
    Just quoting what I have read scientists say on the subject based on their estimates of how many planets they believe even have the potential for life. Feel free to disagree with them, I certainly do.

Mind you from a religious point of view I would love to know the view on the chances of extraterrestrials for say, Buddhists and Hindu.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

The way I've always seen it, though in a sense it's a rather bad theroy, is that if you cannot somehow prove it physically or by showing the steps or work, it is impossible in a sense. I've just never really trusted anything unless given true, firm concrete set-in-stone evidence. But that's my firsthand theroy. Like previous posts have mentioned, I'm sure there's a rather high chance, but low of ever meeting them/it.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

If intelligent life forms from another galaxy comes to Earth, we better make sure that no one leaks out that we are technologically inferior. If they knew that we do not have the ability to go to their planet, we are so screwed.

But something I learn from astronomy class is that, even if there is life in another star system we would not be able to visit them. As I am typing this, galaxies are moving farther and farther apart.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

How advanced an extraterrestrials technology is depends on when the life form started and when the planet was made.

Our planet is appx. 4.5 billion years old. Humans have been around for about 100,000 years, or so i think.

If an alien civilization started just 100 years before, or after us, their technology would be greatly different then our own.

Think about it. In just 100 years, we have cars, cell phones, tvs, radios, electricity, space shuttles, air planes, nuclear weapons, hover trains, and computers.

The more technology we seem to invent, the more technology comes from it. At first our advancement was slow. For thousands of years, technology was seemingly unchanged.

Then all of a sudden, ELECTRICITY! From electricity, came lighting, telegrams, phones, tvs, etc.

From satellites, we get cellphones, satellite broadcasts, massive communications.

So in 10 years, our technology will double. In 100 years, we will look completely different, technology wise. Break throughs in biochemistry and genetics, and modern medicine. We will find that we live longer and etc.

Back on point. If the aliens start just 100 years before us, they will be so far ahead of us, that you wont even imagine it. Now, 1000 years, or even a million years, and you have no idea.

ORR if they started 1000 years before us, they might have killed them selves off already, before we even had the chance.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    If intelligent life forms from another galaxy comes to Earth, we better make sure that no one leaks out that we are technologically inferior. If they knew that we do not have the ability to go to their planet, we are so screwed.

But something I learn from astronomy class is that, even if there is life in another star system we would not be able to visit them. As I am typing this, galaxies are moving farther and farther apart.
    We'll be dead. But I do believe that someday people will be able to live in space. We just haven't figured out how yet.

Just like we weren't able to fly in the air to get to point A to point B just a few years back.

And oh lookie.
    We've got Space Shuttles and Air Planes.

Go Technology.

WHACKKKKKK.
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Nov 20, 2007 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks

We can live on other planets, we just dont want to spend the money to develop the technology possible for it.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 20, 2007 at 08:56 PM.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Just quoting what I have read scientists say on the subject based on their estimates of how many planets they believe even have the potential for life. Feel free to disagree with them, I certainly do.
    Hell yeah i disagree with them. We've only scratched the surface as to what the universe is like, and we lack the technological advancement to make that statement. So when they make statements like that i laugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast