+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Extraterrestrials

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Extraterrestrials

Well in religion terms im with christians.

And from my point of view if there were aliens then God would have surely let us know in the bible.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, God could also perhaps not have known. I know this may be condraticory of what the Bible says of him being an all powerful, omnicitent being, but perhaps what if he doesn't even know his power? I'm looking from Haruhi's point of view in The Melonchanly of Haruhi Shizumiya (i know i can't spell, don't rape me for it). As humans, we love the idea that we are not alone; whether it is God, Aleins, or just normal friends. Just because we can think of something doesn't make it true, but also in a sense it makes it true to the person who thought it up. Some extremeists will spend their whole life looking for proof of aliens and turn up nothing, but that won't change their view of the validity of aliens.

I guess what i'm saying is that perhaps every human, in their own way, is god. "I think therefore I am." Everyone is capable of making life and taking life, in this sense Aliens.

>_> When i went to church about 10 years ago, i always thought that The angels were Aliens.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    Well in religion terms im with christians.

And from my point of view if there were aliens then God would have surely let us know in the bible.
    So not true! The bible is a book that holds multiple books dealing with God's laws, the history of his people and (in the New Testament) people's experiences when dealing with God/Jesus. There's nothing in the bible that tells us God said, "If there's life outside your planet, I'll tell you." God is a mysterious being. If he wants to keep secrets, he can. He's God!

There's definitely life outside of Earth. There has to be! The universe is vast and infinite! It's too large to not have life in it besides us. There are too many galaxies with solar systems to simply say, "God will tell us whether or not there's life outside of Earth." You mean to tell me that with all the space God had to work with, he said, "I'm gonna stop after making these humans." You mean to tell me after making the ENTIRE universe, on the seventh day God said, "Let me focus on one planet at a time"??

Poppycock, fiddlesticks and horseradish!!! There are too many people here on Earth who say they've seen life from other planets!! NASA had to stop broadcasting thier video feeds on cable due to too many UFO sightings! (Think I'm wrong? I've got the video!) Who remembers hearing anything about The Battle of Los Angeles?? It's historically documented, the government shutters at the mention of it and I can promise you that they weren't shooting at a damn weather balloon!

There is too much space, too many galaxies and the univers is too big to only house one race of beings.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

I think using the bible to explain the mysteries of science is idiotic. Its not supposed to tell you why the skys blue, its supposed to guide you one your decisions. Stop taking it so literally.

And yes. It says in the bible that the earth rests on pillars and has four corners.. So then it must be true!

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

If you believe in god and not aliens, you're a hypocrite, and narrow-minded.

If you're all for science and don't believe in aliens, you're narrow minded.

I think there are, otherwise, why the hell would the universe be so "big" as it's claimed, but you know science and their theories, anything to make them look right.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, for one, the universe is not big for the reason to fit more life. Its just the fact that since the unverse is so big, life has to be somewhere out there.

Now, religion and science have nothing to do with eachother. The chances of aliens are 99%. Why? Because there is life on earth. And if theres life on earth, there an be life on a planet similar to earth. Since there are trillions of planets, there is bound to be more planets similar to this.

God on the other hand, has no chance. Theres not a shred of evidence, besides "faith". And faith isnt evidence. There is no reason to assume that a god created universe, and even less of a reason to assume that the christian god or any god that we humans know of is the true god. If there is a god, the chances are likely that we dont know the real god.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    Ok, for one, the universe is not big for the reason to fit more life. Its just the fact that since the unverse is so big, life has to be somewhere out there.

Now, religion and science have nothing to do with eachother. The chances of aliens are 99%. Why? Because there is life on earth. And if theres life on earth, there an be life on a planet similar to earth. Since there are trillions of planets, there is bound to be more planets similar to this.

God on the other hand, has no chance. Theres not a shred of evidence, besides "faith". And faith isnt evidence. There is no reason to assume that a god created universe, and even less of a reason to assume that the christian god or any god that we humans know of is the true god. If there is a god, the chances are likely that we dont know the real god.

You'd be suprised how science and religion are A LOT alike. Both have BS theories of trying to explain WHY we are here.That's all I'll go on. The rest I'm sure you know what I'll say if not, sucks for you, hehe.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    God on the other hand, has no chance. Theres not a shred of evidence, besides "faith". And faith isn't evidence. There is no reason to assume that a god created universe, and even less of a reason to assume that the Christian god or any god that we humans know of is the true god. If there is a god, the chances are likely that we don't know the real god.
    Faith is the evidence that God truly exists. If it wasn't for faith nobody would believe in God to begin with.

I think that there might be life out there in the Universe, in fact we get visited by them from time to time. if you read this one book called the "Bible" you will find some crazy stories that describe extraterrestrial activity such as the story of Mosses talking to a cloud and a bush of fire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast