+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Extraterrestrials

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Extraterrestrials

It hasnt been disproven, and theres no evidence against it. But for now there is no reason for me to assume that its true.

Also, they think that light might also act as a particle for reasons such as how light can be bended and absorbed into a black hole by gravity.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    It hasnt been disproven, and theres no evidence against it. But for now there is no reason for me to assume that its true.
    You didn't ask for proof you just asked for evidence supporting a theory. There you go, go look it up before you make up your mind. It's part of that questioning that you keep mentioning.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Even if it was true that there are seperate universes that are invisible to us, i wouldnt see them as a universe, i would see them as sub universes in one giant universe that has no walls.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Even if it was true that there are seperate universes that are invisible to us, i wouldnt see them as a universe, i would see them as sub universes in one giant universe that has no walls.
    lol, as accurate as the concept might be you didn't name them as universes the scientist did and to quote you, do you think you know better then they do? lol

Universe
    • All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.
      1. The earth together with all its inhabitants and created things.
      2. The human race.
    • The sphere or realm in which something exists or takes place.

Or in other words the universe is everything that resulted from the "big bang" and the space in which it exists. If inside this space there is another group of stars from it's own "big bang" conceivably that would also be another universe even though it coexists in the same universal space. We just don't have enough words yet to differentiate between the collective galaxies etc and the collective space let alone multiple realms/universes. In time I am sure that will change however.

Newbie SnoReaper is off to a good start SnoReaper's Avatar
    Thanks

No matter how much proof is shown to me, i will never believe in aliens or anything like that until i see one right in front of me

SnoReaper
    out

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Closing off your mind like that is dangerous in today's society, not in just theological arguments. Just because there is no prove of it to date, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Look at Gorillas, a few decades ago they were believed to be made up creatures, probably to scare little children to go to sleep each night. Nowadays they are on the endagered species list.

Who knows, with how fast technology is increasing and the hope of Lightspeed travel becoming real in our lifetime (said by my physics professor, not me) there is a great chance what was believed impossible yesterday could be the end of the world tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maroni
    Also, they think that light might also act as a particle for reasons such as how light can be bended and absorbed into a black hole by gravity.
    >.> Quantum physics, none of that can be proven with our current level of technology, though light traveling like that is indeed a fact. It is also fact that mass can disrupt time and time can be manipulated by how fast an object is moving. Just because light is known to be the fastest object in our existance doesn't mean that another species, preferably aliens, have found a superious alternative.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    Closing off your mind like that is dangerous in today's society, not in just theological arguments. Just because there is no prove of it to date, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Look at Gorillas, a few decades ago they were believed to be made up creatures, probably to scare little children to go to sleep each night. Nowadays they are on the endagered species list.

Who knows, with how fast technology is increasing and the hope of Lightspeed travel becoming real in our lifetime (said by my physics professor, not me) there is a great chance what was believed impossible yesterday could be the end of the world tomorrow.

>.> Quantum physics, none of that can be proven with our current level of technology, though light traveling like that is indeed a fact. It is also fact that mass can disrupt time and time can be manipulated by how fast an object is moving. Just because light is known to be the fastest object in our existance doesn't mean that another species, preferably aliens, have found a superious alternative.
    No offense, but you seem uneducated in the manner.

with how fast technology is increasing and the hope of Lightspeed travel becoming real in our lifetime
    No matter what the technology is, traveling at the speed of light, or faster, is impossible. It always will be. Matter is matter. Relativity states that as matter approaches the speed of light, its mass becomes infinite. For every gram of matter it would take a million tons of fuel to suffice. Matter would rip apart at those speeds.

Quantum physics, none of that can be proven with our current level of technology, though light traveling like that is indeed a fact. It is also fact that mass can disrupt time and time can be manipulated by how fast an object is moving. Just because light is known to be the fastest object in our existance doesn't mean that another species, preferably aliens, have found a superious alternative.
    No, in fact, black holes do pull in light. The reason black holes are black and invisible is because all light behind it and all light that travels near it get sucked into the black hole, from the impossibly strong gravity. The light either bends in its direction, causing a distortion effect, or gets sucked in, causing that circle to be black, the same color as space. The fact that light can be affected by gravity shows that energy can act as matter. Scientists today even believe that matter is actually condensed energy vibrating at a slow pace.

To the time disruption. Its not a fact that mass can affect time at certain speeds, its a theory. It doesn't affect anyones time but the object thats moving.

This theory was backed up when scientists found that astronauts watches that were previously synchronized with the HQ, after they traveled at speeds of mach 20, there watch was a few milliseconds slow. Which showed that as matter approaches the speed of light, the flow of time gets slowed.

Also, the chances that aliens mastered technology and space travel, finding alternatives to current methods of travel is unlikely and far fetched. I'm not saying that its impossible, im just saying I think its unlikely imo.

Also, i wasnt closing my mind to the possibilities of an alternate dimension that holds alien life that weve never seen. I said that its not impossible, and theres no evidence against it. But theres no evidence to a lot of things. I could say that theres a giant space snake that eats planets. Theres no evidence to support my claim, and theres no evidence against it. However, because of this, theres no reason to assume that its true. Same with the alternate dimensions, which btw are irrelevant because you skewed the definition of dimension.

Thanks

Same with the alternate dimensions, which btw are irrelevant because you skewed the definition of dimension.
    ... who did and how did they skew what definition?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6