+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eye for an eye (death for a death)

Newbie Xanosuke2 is off to a good start Xanosuke2's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Eye for an eye (death for a death)

Quote Originally Posted by desxms View Post
    Putting someone to death by conviction or self-defense isn't necessarily playing God but a sense of justice. My only reservation is if someone was put to death when that person is actually innocent. The justice system does make mistakes. But if someone is guilty without a doubt of cold blooded murder then putting them to death would be my second sentence. The first would be to some sort of community service and make them work their tail off doing public works heavily guarded.
    To me that would be a much better sentence. Even if someone is guilty of crime of that nature, it still doesn't mean they will never change their life around. If we just put them to death for killing someone then who's to say that person will or will not have changed their life around? That's why I say it's people playing God because we do not know what that person may do in the long run and at the same time, we're passing judgement on their fate before they even have a chance to make a different life for themselves.

Erasing my past one bad memory at a time.

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

for me its like a cycle, bad things happen and someone feel like they have to take that pain on the one who caused it, or another. For the most part though, it depends on if they actually did the crime their commited of, and what they get for their crime.

though we do have crooked people all over the court system, sometimes mistakes are made, and sometimes its done on purpose. Its not really fair to put someone behind bars if it was in self defense, or accidental. thats something that cant be avoided, so they should get a punishment, just not of a high caliber
    however if someone gets away from the crime they commit, that isnt fair to the one that has been done wrong. They should have some kind of punishment, for an evil if not disturbing crime, and their punishment should be on the highest level

though i will say i dont like my taxes going into something if its for the wrong reasons and people of that crime and punishment

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Newbie kiara may be famous one day kiara may be famous one day kiara's Avatar
    NY USA hanging out with the teen titans lol
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xanosuke2 View Post
    Many people feel as though when someone has taken from them, they should take away from them as well. Like lets say, someone killed this girl, well the mother/father would want retribution and say that the person who killed their daughter should die. With our society, standards, and morals it happens all the time and many people see it fit just like the saying, "An eye for an eye."

But what I want to ask is do you think it's right to kill someone for something they have done? It's the ultimate price to pay for something you had done wrong, and the easiest way to please a grieving family.

In my opinion, I don't think killing someone is the correct way to make up for what they have done. Someone could come along and rob me blind, I could feel really torn up from that but I wouldn't go around wanting them to die from it. Our laws are setup for them to do time in jail for material goods taken from me, but it never really get's returned other than the satisfaction of knowing they're behind bars. Plus, the tax money I pay every week in my paychecks go to putting a roof over their heads and feeding them >.> so doesn't seem like I'm getting too much out of that deal. So naturally, when I think of someone actually killing someone close to me putting them behind bars wouldn't seem like an action many would agree with and would want them to die for the wrong they have done, but I just can't see it being right. Sure what they have done is completely out of line and it's an actual person, not some material item I can just go buy another of. They will never come back, and replacing them is out of the picture. But to kill them in return for that action just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not giving them a chance to make up for what they have done by giving them a quick end. Some people never change no matter how much compassion you show them, and I know this, but at the same time, what good is it doing when someone does you wrong and you force them out a one way door? I'm sure we've all seen a few animes where the worse of villians turn out to be one of the best allies, which it has happened in history time and time again. I've known some harden criminals to turn out to be someone that would have your back no matter what after realizing the wrong they have done. But, after all is said and done, some people do it regardless just out of ignorance, or out of lack of emotion towards others, and rare occassions just out of not being able to control themselves and not having the right mental support.

So to me, killing someone doesn't solve anything other than reducing the population and giving criminals(evil) an easy way to get into our lives just to ruin it and we push them out of the way. To me, nothing will ever get solved, plus, us, as humans, have no right to take away anyones life no matter the circumstances.
    I personally believe in an "eye for an eye" if someone for example killed someone I care about. I don't believe in "eye for an eye" if it was for anything other than murder. It's kind of pointless for anything else since there isn't anything else someone can take from you. Drugs are not illegal here in the USC. You also can't legally own anything here in the USC so nobody could steal from you, because you have nothing that belongs to you...

I don't care if anyone disagrees with me on the last part, since only about 2% (That's kind of pushing it too) of the USC and Canadian population actually understands how the legal system is run. Just remember this one fact life is a game if you research and understand how the game is played you can succeed. If you don't take the time to learn you'll fail.

Newbie lonercarrot is off to a good start lonercarrot's Avatar
    Thanks

There are some cases where I'll support the death penalty. Some violent criminals are better off dead... It's not a way to get revenge; it's to keep society and other people safe.

But in most cases I do not support it. Even if there was a child-molesting, baby-killing, serial-murdering, kitten-torturing, communist- I think it would be better off to keep him locked away in some asylum and study him to learn more about the psychology of such people.

Newbie Ralor Penwat is off to a good start
    Thanks

I HATE the dp with a passion, you know, hundreds of years ago, before there was Australia, the UK had a GREAT idea, send them off to some far off island and if they get back they earned it and I'll even throw in diplomatic immunity.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ralor Penwat View Post
    I HATE the dp with a passion, you know, hundreds of years ago, before there was Australia, the UK had a GREAT idea, send them off to some far off island and if they get back they earned it and I'll even throw in diplomatic immunity.
    The negative side to that is it's already been done. It obviously didn't work because the prisoners became the populace. "Let's dump a bunch of convicts on an island more and more every monthy til they can start their own country!" Marvelous idea!! LOL.

I agree with Aceman and the others who say the death penalty is warranted for murderers and the like. "He who kills by the blade shall be killed by the blade," so says the Christian bible. I don't think eye for an eye works for everything. If you steal from me, I'll be pissed, but not enough to steal, or chop off a hand--although my PSP being stolen made me want to take a finger or two, LOL. (joke)

Theives and other petty criminals get what they deserve in the long run, but I believe it's just if a murderer is sentenced to death (by the judicial system, not a vigilante).

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

clover (Jul 09, 2009), Scourge (Jul 07, 2009)

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

Ordinary citizens? I don't believe this world contains anything but. No person is above or below any other person, nor have they the right to decide who dies and when, and for what purpose. We have chosen to give others this power, but for what reason I do not know. Perhaps it is the cowardice that prevents us from dealing with our own issues, on our own terms. Make it the responsibility of someone else, how I detest that cowardice. I myself can never truly wish death upon another, no matter the offense. To live a life of repentance does more good than to sentence someone to death anyway. Any person who repents wholeheartedly, earns my forgiveness. Life is too short to allow things like anger and grudges to take hold of you. I also have no interest in being a hypocrite, so to despise a killer, only to in turn; kill said killer? How foolish do I look then? Live your life to repent for your wrong doing, death is not a just consequence.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

I do believe in an eye for an eye but not for everything (regarding bad deeds) and a more limited death for a death ,i mean someone who dares to cross the line set by God and end a life that its time hasn't drawn near yet is already passing beyond the extreme deeds of what God can forgive us for ,so punishing a murderer by killing him/her (and not anyone else who is related to the killer) is just the right thing (it's also mentioned in Quran ,i'm a muslim) to do because a person who have killed someone before won't have a problem doing the same again not to mention it'd be much easier next time for the killer to kill (if he/she ever had any hesitations before) ,and locking he killer in a cell won't bury the deep feelings of the people who care about the victim ,we're just humans in the end so we do as close as we can to the judicial rules set by God.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LichGRIFFIN For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Jul 13, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast