Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The face of 'beauty' - A serious world issue

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The face of 'beauty' - A serious world issue

Okay. I may have this wrong, but slow up there.

Just because people like blonds and blues eyes means nothing.

I care not.[Right I just made your point]

I don't want to seen like the science nerd.

But the beaity comes in every race. As long as you have it.

I really don't want to get into this. Really I don't.

But if you think about the Divina Proportione[Golden proportion]

People don't understand. Yes we are told whats pretty! And things we have make us more [hawter] But still.

A lot of people that are fashion are not pretty.

The beatiful look will never change, and I mean that.

The day you want to talk about beaty. For real. You must understand this.

The ratio to life!

>_< I will be back for more after. Mostly on the body
    next!

But people choose what they think is hawt.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

To quote from the first definition of beauty from answers.com:
    Quote Originally Posted by answers.com
    The quality that gives pleasure to the mind or senses and is associated with such properties as harmony of form or color, excellence of artistry, truthfulness, and originality.
    Now I do believe that each of us have a different ideal of beauty, but now people attempt to give beauty an ideal image? It’s pathetic Why should my mind be filled by these preposterous ideas of what today’s modern beauty is? Beauty is eternity. Why is there always a latest style being sent out? Is there a point to making what today’s modern world sees as beauty perfect? How can magazines and the media tell what beauty is, let alone how to perfect beauty? Well honestly, I think they can’t

A subject that is usually opinionated, like this one, should not be made up by other people, such as the media and magazines because these things, beauty and perfection, they should only be determined from OUR OWN points of view. No one should be fooled by the feeble attempts of what the modern world is trying to make beauty seem. But, then again, people are. I am sure everyone has heard of the bandwagon. Once some big group does it or likes it, they will get followers, and lookie here: the TV’s and magazines show who is hot and who it not, and everyone is fooled and buying into that crap

Another thing that ticks me off is that beauty is being defined with too much involvement of physical traits. Beauty can be used to define someone’s intellect, their hobbies, how they draw, just whatever; it doesn’t always have to be determined by physical appearance. I mean, like a few have already stated, people are sometimes doing whatever they can to be physically beautiful, such as getting surgeries, adding on plastic stuff to look like Barbie or Ken, getting a botox, boob jobs , the list goes on, even though there will never be a exact definition for true beauty, nor perfection. It’s sometimes silly to see how far people will go to try to achieve what they think excellence is.

Also, I know this will sound corny, but I don’t give any of my consent on what the modern world tries to make the ideal definition of beauty be, unless I am actually attracted to it. For example, my fashion sense will always be how I like it, no matter what modern fashion is, or how much people tell me not to dress the way I do. Although this may sounds selfish, but I want things for myself to go my way….OF THE HIGHWAY XD…….because I am my own person, and no one will tell my how to look, dress, or do anything their way, unless I am satisfied with it I will not be a victim of the bandwagon; I couldn’t care less if everyone else was doing it, but if I liked it, then I would go for it, but if I didn’t, then nobody should dare attempt to change me because The King of Fashion is his own man

For me, I have no solid idea of what beauty is. If I like something about a person, then it is beautiful, simple as that. Like I said before, it could be anything, artistic talent, how someone dresses, how someone walks, physical beauty, but whatever it is it’s all up to you. You decide if something is beautiful or not. The choice of beauty is yours

~Kiss~
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Newbie Princess Rain may be famous one day Princess Rain may be famous one day Princess Rain's Avatar
    Thanks

"So we should have some plus size models along with the skinny ones at the same time during a fashion show." - Miroku4444
    Good solution.

"So whats wrong with that. Some women are naturally short, no hips, small boobs, and small lips. It appeals to some ppl including myself. I do think we need to add some more variety to the concept of what is beauty." - Miroku4444
    You said it yourself. Some women are naturally short, no hips, small boobs, and small lips, and there's nothing wrong with that (same could be said for tall, voluptious, big breasted, full lipped girls), but more variety needs to be added to the concept of beauty.

"Freaks of science and the spawn of technology. Human beings can be so pathetic sometimes." - Innerhell
    Again there's the issue of society. These women wouldn't have to go to such extreme measures if the world didnt praise them so much for it. Sure, they're attractive, they're barbie dolls. It's fake and many people think there's something wrong with that, but they're the same people saying "Oooh, you're so gorgeous!" If some girl goes anorexic and loses 20 pounds it's "Oh you lost so much weight, how cute! Let's go shopping!" (unless of course she's paper doll thin)

"A girl can be big. A girl can be flat. A girl can be short. A girl can be tall. I would still think that they would be pretty. I favor their original forms. Any changes and any alterations of these imperfections makes things ugly. A masterpiece needs its flaws in order for it to be truly perfect."
    - Innerhell.

Said perfectly.

"It doesn't matter what you or I think, it's what society as a whole thinks, and that's how it is!" - Dark.
    Do you think society as a whole came up with this on it's own? Or did one person find one model, and then another, and then another, and put them all over the place to brainwash us? Don't you think it all started off with one or two scouts' ideas of beauty? One or two big magazines? I think so. If one person thinks differently and that thought passes from one person to the next, a difference can be made. If one or two people never spoke up, slavery would have never been abolished. If one or two people never spoke up, women would still be inferior to men today. If a couple of people never spoke up, Michael Jackson would probably be in jail.

"How can you call someone beautiful, if you can't compare them to someone less beautiful? How can you call everyone beautiful, if you can't compare them to someone less fortunate?? Pretty damn hard if you ask me. I'd almost have to say impossible." - Dark.
    That's truth as cold as it comes. There will be ugly people in this world. But they shouldn't be excluded from -everything- the more fortunate girl is, and with a little make-over (plastic surgery free) I'm pretty sure they could be just as hot.

Everything King of Fashion and Mr.K said
    Bravo!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Most of the time it's totally unatural for the human body to take those shapes.
    Sometimes its not natural for the human body to take those shapes, but there are many where it is natural. There are still alot of ppl born with real skinny bodys and high metabolism. I was one of them, skinny as a rail, and i ate like a horse.The un-natural ones are the ppl born with big bone structure and a body type that make being skinny un-natural. Thats where the problem is.

I like skinny, short and small/medium breated women. But if this done un-naturally its a turn off.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Aug 08, 2006 at 08:09 AM.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yes this is so true if she did this threw plastic surgery. Would you find her pretty is she had this in a natural way? Like if she was born this way?
    If a woman is truly natural and everything on her is what God gave her... (I am not bringing God into this conversation! Figure of speech!) LOL. ...then she is pretty. But nowadays, it's almost difficult to tell if a person is real or not. Cosmetic surgery, enhancement, alterations, things of that nature is the craze in pop culture and the world. It's almost difficult to tell to look through a magazine and find a girl that has all her parts intact. Plastic surgery, weight loss, cleansing one's self of all those "nasty" imperfections is if anything nothing more than a fad. Society can be so cruel.
    I love my girlfriend.

Newbie AndrewCooper may be famous one day AndrewCooper may be famous one day
    Thanks

There is the saying: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

first as Andrew said:
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCooper View Post
    There is the saying: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
    thast SO true...

then:
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rain
    beautiful is white, blonde haired, blue eyed, lipless
    thast not true... u should see Adriana Lima.... shes like the hottest woman on earth and shes latina, shes from Brasil... so she isnt white or blond or bla bla bla

then as society changes, the definition of beatuy will change...
    so basically YOU are the one that deside what is beautiful for YOU... u cant deside for the rest of the world...
    so what if the rest of the world thinks that "beautiful is white, blonde haired, blue eyed, lipless" who cares if ppl want to be a little sheep and follow others... its their choise...
    as for me I wont deny that "Me and me friends are checking out girls" if I think that a girl is beautiful I would tourn around and most probably say "damn shes hot" u have to accept it... its nature...
    as for the "'I don't care what's on the outside, it's all about what's on the inside.' Get real." Im just gonna ask u one question....
    If u think that someone is completely hot but has nothing in the brain or treats u like garbage, would u stay with him?
    so basically its u who deside whats beautiful for u... u dont have to take on the rest of the world it they dont think the same as u....

I could be wrong... I could be right.... its just an opinion....
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Newbie Princess Rain may be famous one day Princess Rain may be famous one day Princess Rain's Avatar
    Thanks

Blah. No one is "right" or "wrong." The only reason I came at the subject so hard is because of an article I read on the store Abercrombie & Fitch (if any of you shop there), which strongly promotes the ideals i stated in my first post about 'traditional beauty' (which is why it's been sued so many times...but thats another story). Still, it's good to know that there are people in the world with brains, who have opinions like you, and have the mind to disagree. Thanks for your responses.
    Last edited by Princess Rain; Aug 08, 2006 at 06:04 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast