+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Facebook.....New MSN Or Bully Machine?

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Facebook.....New MSN Or Bully Machine?

recently, we had a discussion at skool about facebook. many people were making groups and notes dissing and making fun of others, and yes i am guilty to and am not proud of it. our principle was thinking of messaging ppl in facebook to block SMCS (my skool) users from logging on, to prevent bullying. so what do you think. does facebook increase the number of bullying cases?

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Facebook.....New MSN Or Bully Machine?

firstly can u elaborate what exactly is facebook?.. guessing from the title of the thread its some kind of new messaging service.

but my view on it, that it increases bulling is pretty skeptical. true there will be users that will abuse this software but... to me, thats not goin to have a big impact. look its natural for ppl to judge other, which might lead to harassing them. but there are plenty of way to do this and facebook just seems to be a convience for these ppl, nothing more, its still goin to happen.

i mean in my school every1, and i mean every1 has a mobile. now we do spend a lot in phone calls and messaging, now i can't talk from personal experience. but mobile bullying is the next big thing, thats who every1 is harassing each other these days i believe.

but if u take the net away, and phones away, the only thing thats goin to change is the way the bullies and other are goin to communicate and harass there targets.

so i don't see much point in blocking users to use the program. to take away a useful tool just because of bullying which is still goin to happen anyway. i don't see much point in it really. well those are my thoughts.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

No, Facebook is like Myspace but a lot cooler and safer.

Bullying on FB? I suppose that's possible, but geez, dissing isn't restricted to just Facebook networks, so even if you banned kids from using Facebook you'd still have people dissing each other elsewhere, on their blogs, on Myspace, on random tagboards, wherever. Facebook definitely wasn't meant for people to pick on other people, but this sort of thing is unavoidable, and people should jolly well understand that.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

How can you bully someone over the internet anyway? What kind of a weak person gets bullied over the internet?
    Harassment I can understand, but E-bullying?

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    How can you bully someone over the internet anyway? What kind of a weak person gets bullied over the internet?
    Harassment I can understand, but E-bullying?
    thats exactly what i said. we had a presentation saying that if someone bullies you over the internet, you should print the page out and report it. first, im on a strick 'no snitchin' rule.. (lol hassun PLZ no comment XD) and second, people have gotten lazy. u can write sh!t bout em, but thats pretty much it. like some people that i know (and dislike) get e-bullied and make a big deal about it, when its as simple as blockin the person, n stuff. the only thing to do is ignore, so w\e. and facebook as a new myspace, i have to disagree. first, over 1/6 of the worlds population has myspace and maybe 1/18 of the world has facebook. myspace has all kinds of pimp out stuff. u can advertise music movies and everything. and many famous ppl (and movies) have profiles there. so myspace is more commercial, but for me? facebook all the way

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Otaku 02134 may be famous one day 02134 may be famous one day 02134's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe if you are getting "e-bullyed" the situation would look like this

xy

lets say you are x and the computer is y
    the situation should look like this
    x y
    get off the computer

in anycase if you get bullyed on the internet i believe there is a [x] symbol in the top right corner

I'll do it man.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

WHY would someone worry about any of this?

Myspace, Facebook, Xanga, all these blog related websites are NOT provoking bullying in actuality. They are however drawing in mindless teenage girls to perverted men who want to get some, and then get arrested. THAT however, is for another discussion in another thread.

E-bullying is, in my opinion, very common and very rediculous. EVERYONE is guilty of this in one way or another, so I don't see what the big deal is. In real life, you have nerds who are afraid to talk to other human beings; but on the net.. you have macho men who can't control their Egos. People change when they get online because just that. They're ONLINE. Anybody who is Anyone will realize that no one is who they claim to be when it comes to the internet. It's a whole 'nother world that isn't part of your everyday. I find this topic to be rediculous. I mean, c'mon. It is E-bullying. It isn't real! So WHO CARES?! Like 0256789 stated over here.. there is a big red [X] at the top right hand corner of your screen which you can click at any time.

Now when people start tracking down your IP address and start taking note of who you are, where you live, what you do for a living - and then start e-mailing you and sending you creepy messages.. THEN there's a problem. But until then.. shut the hell up and stop being a baby. Mommy isn't always going to be there for you.

Otaku 02134 may be famous one day 02134 may be famous one day 02134's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe the above post stated everything about this topic ^

I'll do it man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast