+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Fame good or bad?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Fame good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I think that it depends, the public often forgets that celebs r only human, that they put their pants on one leg at a time. (When I was a kid, I tried the whole "jumpin' off of the bed" routine ta put both of my legs into my pants at the same time. All I can say is... Disaster.) Anywho, fame brings wit it a price, it's up ta the individual how they best deal wit it. Teddy Roosevelt once said, "Some men r born great, others have greatness thrusted upon them." The same, inna way, can b said 'bout celebrity, it's a double-edged sword. I jus' believe that there is both good and bad in this field and I can' say that it's one or the other.
    I can agree with Joe Mage on this one. Fame can go either way. It all depends on the person really. Famous people are no different than the common folk. Only difference there really is between the two is money and talent. They eat, sleep and breathe oxygen just like us.

Fame is good and all, considering that you get to leave your mark in the world, so-to-speak. People are aware of your existence and you are loved by plenty when you are famous. Everybody wants that in some shape or form. But it's when that fame goes to a person's head, that's when it goes bad. It's when they let that fame boost thier ego and turn them in to pompous a-holes that makes fame a bad thing.

Then there's always the papparazzi (I don't speak Italian, so pardon my spelling). I don't know if I could deal with those people. I'd have to live underground, LOL. But I think that the good outweighs the bad, so long as that fame doesn't go to one's head.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Theres some bad things about Fame, such as ability to get away with different sorts of things. But i mean, who doesnt want to be Famous? Being Famous could be very fun, and at the same time it comes with a lot of pressure. People with Fame a lot of times take advantage of their Fame and do things like jack their shoe price up like Lebron did. But other like Brad Pitt who helps out the enviroment is a doing good with his Fame, the same could be said about Oprah
    Last edited by anime_being_god; Dec 12, 2007 at 04:43 PM.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie SapphireThunder is off to a good start SapphireThunder's Avatar
    Thanks

Fame is not bad, it's press which makes fame look to be bad.
    There is this thing which happened when finnish hard rock/rock band Lordi became famous from winning Eurovision Song Contest. Mr. Lordi, the singer and head of the band, himself requested that press wouldn't show his true face. Then this finnish magazine called Seitsemän Päivää (Seven Days if translated) A.K.A Seiska (Seven if translated) showed his true face just about week or two after he made the request.

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

the good part of fame is that you can have all these fancy stuff, go to expensive parties and to summarise it all, spend money like its going out of style.
    But the bad part outweighs the good.For example where are the true friends in fame?
    All they care about is she/hes more richer and do more stuff than i do or he/she is taking my secret crush and i want revenge
    So there is constant back-stabbing in fame
    Nobody said that its wrong to have a good reputation, but ther are prices to pay in fame.

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Fame sucks you wouldnt even have a personal life people all around the world would know if you kissed someone or anything

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

First off, you have to define "good" and "bad". Second, you have to define what the status of being "famous", and definitions can be very vague... To me, deciding whether something is truly good or bad is impossible, as good and bad are adjectives, labels that you ascribe to certain things depending on your perspective. At least for fame, we have a definition: popular acclaim, according the the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. But it seems to me a more appropriate question is, "Is being famous a bad thing?" And, the question that a bunch of people here seem to be answering is, "Are famous people bad?"

To me, being famous is just being renowned. Nothing wrong with being renowned, at least in my view. Where the "bad" comes from comes from the people who are renowned. I agree, there have been quite a few... unpleasant, famous people, perhaps who've been ruined by fame, and of which I'm sure there's a great many that you all know of... But, not all who are famous are bad. Oprah Winfrey, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, and other people with the status of being "famous" have all done their share on philantrophy... Which is only "bad" if you have strong misanthropist views.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

It really depends on how ppl use the fame....
    I mean... if one gets famous one cannot forget who is making and promoting the fame... HELLO the ppl aroud them....
    Britt is a very very very special case and really bad example of the bad examples of famous ppl...
    Their mistake was to think that they could do anything 'cos they are famous... without any consecuence...
    Fame is in a way good if you have your feet on the earth....
    Fame can be your worst enemy if you live the illution that you got there by ur own... and at the same time think that the world owes you....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with those here who say that it all depends... Mostly on the person who if famous. There are people who manage to keep up a normal life, not become arrogant etc. even with all the fame.

I wouldn't want too much fame for myself, because I know I am weak and it would probably spoil me.

Also there is the loss of your personal life. And I find it just terrible!!! I really feel pitty for all those people....

Fame brings lots of money and it's great that you don't have to think how you are going to pay the rent and eat for your months salary and that is one of the good things in fame. And I think it's much stronger than the bad things, since people keep crawing for it. Also of course, it's nice to see that people are interested in you, adore you etc., won't you agree?

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4