+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Affection

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Family Affection

I went to the store the other day, I'm assuming I saw a father kiss his daughter on the mouth. I thought it was really gross and awkward. I come from a family that barely hugs one another though. So I just wanted to hear some of your thoughts on whether you find that behavior ok, or really awkward.

Like a kiss on the forehead would have been way more acceptable, that kissing his young daughter on the lips! Yuck.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Family Affection

i grew up in a cultured family from all over and everyone has their own way of doing something. I do have a cousin that does that, but its more to the side end of the mouth, its mostly affection and love of family. then i have some that do full on the mouth but its closed lips, i think its kinda weird, but ive grown accustomed to it. though its weird for alot of people to see, its become a custom now when i visit them, or they come visit us.

though it sounds more like he was kissing the side of her mouth and not full on the lips which would be gross, your sure if its a father & daughter? im not doubting you or anything ive seen some families do that, but it could have been an older man dating a younger woman?

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

He kissed her straight on on the lips. He was prolly around 30 years old, bent down on his knees because the young girl was prolly about 5yrs old. There no mistaking him for dating a younger woman.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it is wieird for many American people. But I remember bein gin a country where people would express gratitude by kissing you. Not on the lips but certainly on the face. It was hard to get used to but eventually I did. I used this scenario in a class that was discussing what behavior is appropriate vice sexual harassment. The point is every one has different levels. The comment about him dating a younger woman is funny.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Its mostly a cultural thing. On my mother side of the family being Serbian, this is rather common, all be it being slowly fazed out as we are becoming more Americanized, but it still can be seen with in our family who wish to continue to fallow old tradition. Even male members kiss each other upon greeting one another, all be it NOT on the lips and the same for two female members greeting each other by kissing on the cheek only, but when a male and female members of the family great each other then its either on the cheek or lips. But if it is on the lips then it is very quick peck and that’s it.
    I personally have never kissed ANY member of my family on the lips, just the cheek, but never with any of my male cousins as that’s just to damn weird, only with a few aunt and uncles and my grand father and grand mother and a very few of my female cousins on that side of the family.
    Last edited by Scourge; Jun 23, 2009 at 01:17 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Zev, the only way I can see why that happened is that
    1. It's cultural
    2. Was aiming for the side of the cheek near the lips and missed?
    3. it was a 'dry kiss', And I have seen people do this to their relatives many times. Simply, Its on the lips, but its mouth closed all the way, so its not sexual. and its a peck..not what I do, but I guess if its affection..

And my family is very close, and we hug a lot and kiss on the forehead, but that's it. There are certain things that we don't do now that we're older. Like me and my sister used to bath together. (long time ago, when she was 5 and I was 2). Or we sometimes slept in the same bed.(until she was about 12 or 13).

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

My family's really weird about that kind of stuff. We don't hug, kiss, hold hands, or anything like that(My family is full of Cancers and Scorpios; Crabs and Scorpions. It's only appropriate that we keep to our shells. ).
    Personally, I feel really awkward when my grandparents hug me, or kiss me on the head or cheek. Ironically, If I had children, I would give them a lot of affection(certainly not on the mouth, though! >.<); I definitely feel a disconnect from my family because of it.

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    He kissed her straight on on the lips. He was prolly around 30 years old, bent down on his knees because the young girl was prolly about 5yrs old. There no mistaking him for dating a younger woman.
    ooo okay i thought you were talking about a woman, not a child..........thats normal for alot of families ive seen kids and parents do it all the time, its more about affection and love of family than anything.

Im not gonna lie though there are alot of families that are bad in the sense since it could lead or mean something else since there is a number of perverts and such out there, and most of the time its family members that molest children.

so all i can say is i hope its not anything as disturbing as that, but affection for his daughter.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast